PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon - hopes and dreams!

UltraSound
06-09-2017, 03:00 PM
I'll make this a thing. Whenever a new main series game is announced, I'll make a "Hopes and dreams" thread for it.
Quick recollection of the last thread (which can be found here if you wanna go through it: https://www.pokebay.com/forums/showthread.php?9148-Hopes-and-dreams-for-the-new-games )

Things we wished for S/M and got:
- Character customization! Hooray Gamefreak, you listened! <3
- APRICORN BALLS WOOT WOOT
- HM items (the pokemon call thing. We got that. It cool. No more HM slaves!) We also kind of got new "vehicles" this way...I mean they're not cars, but. You gotta love that Tauros ride.
- A darker, more interesting storyline and I will cry forever if they don't keep this up. This is the most important thing to me personally.
- Ash's Greninja
- Two evil teams

Thing we wanted but didn't get, at least not yet:
- Pokémon following us.
- Pokeathlon (or really any minigame that's more interactive than movies and contests)
*Also Bug catching contest! Let's face it, Johto had the best minigames.
- PWT (Well we kind of got this but not really actually...)
- Lots of megas for different pokemon
- Ability to travel to another region, hek Lillie
- Ball capsules
- Difficulty option
- More gyms
- Removal of Shinylock
- A dolphin pokémon

Anything we missed last time? What would you like to see? Anything you want changed, more of, less of?

(Please note that this thread may contain spoilers, if you want to comment something that is confirmed to happen in the games, please use the spoiler tags [spoiler][*/spoiler] (remove the * for the tags to work))

Ash
06-09-2017, 03:23 PM
- There is in fact something we missed, because for some reason Nintendo decided to cut out of SM. That is horde battles. I and plenty other people would agree that its removal made no sense whatsoever and it feels like a downgrade when we look at its less effective counterpart SOS battles. I would love it if they removed SOS and added hordes back in, it never made sense for them to leave.

- Another thing I would like to see is more character/player emotions through the progress of the game. Having a soulless smiling face while facing a massive human+alien fusion wasn't my thing.

- The most important thing, who is The Masked Royale?

UltraSound
06-09-2017, 03:34 PM
- Yeah I can 10000% see people missing Horde battles, even if they weren't my favourite thing in the world. I'm a fan of the SOS battles myself, I don't see a reason for why they couldn't coexist.
As for battling anyway, I wish they'd bring back the ability to battle together with a friend online in the battle tree. I think the last time they had that was in gen5 and I miss it dearly...

- OH YEAH THAT. Definitely. Every other character had a ton of facial expressions but the PC being constantly "C:" made it unintentionally hilarious. I think there was like 1 cutscene where the PC had a worried expression for like, 3 seconds.

- Oh B. I don't think we'll ever find out that one. Some mysteries should stay mysteries forever. Speaking of mysteries, give us actually more mysteries. Or post game stuff anyway. ORAS' Delta episode and finding the 3 golems was fun, the UB hunt was...tedious. It was fun for 5 minutes and then it just stopped being fun. Give us more interaction! And after that post game is done, actually give us something else to do besides breeding and the Battle tree. IDK what, but something.

Yoda
06-10-2017, 07:58 AM
I still have issues with the customization, you don't get many options like body types and guys still don't have many clothing options, girl characters can look entirely different and varied while guys are exactly the same person with different skin colors and the same outfits over and over.

Also the face bugs me too

I like fire 14
06-10-2017, 01:23 PM
I'd like it if they brought back triple battles, I don't see why there was any need to remove them in the first place

UltraSound
06-10-2017, 05:10 PM
I still have issues with the customization, you don't get many options like body types and guys still don't have many clothing options, girl characters can look entirely different and varied while guys are exactly the same person with different skin colors and the same outfits over and over.

Also the face bugs me too

Agreed. My biggest issue with the male PC is the hair. It's just either short or long or mid. There's no stylistic choices, while the girl PC gets a ton of options. I really appreciate that you can customize the clothing color, but I think they could do more stuff with hair.

I'd like it if they brought back triple battles, I don't see why there was any need to remove them in the first place

I don't really get why they threw in random battle styles anyway just to remove them later on cause they never catch wind under their wings, so to say. Ex. Rotary battles or the effectivity switch battle things - does anyone even remember those at this point? Like, I do appreciate that they try to throw in some interesting new twists to the old formula, but again. They never really catch on well and end up being removed.