PDA

View Full Version : Good pokemon to have while shiny hunting?

Itachi
07-05-2017, 09:45 PM
As we all know the recall method is the best this gen so what pokemon is the best to use? I've just been using my garchomp cause I can change false swipe back to swords dance at anytime. Any better suggestions?

Inari
07-05-2017, 10:12 PM
Harvest Exeggutor with Skill Swap and Bestow. Give your target a Leppa Berry and skill swap Harvest and you won't have to worry about the mon struggling to death. I usually have a couple mons with false swipe, like my Decidueye and Buzzwole. I have about 300 leppa berries as well to keep up PP on my own mons.

Itachi
07-06-2017, 06:31 PM
Oh good Idea! Thank you for sharing!

I like fire 14
07-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Also bring something with Thunder Wave or Hypnosis or something to paralyse or put to sleep the pokemon your going to catch so that it doesn't call for help.

UltraSound
07-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Also bring something with Thunder Wave or Hypnosis or something to paralyse or put to sleep the pokemon your going to catch so that it doesn't call for help.

And remember to check that the status move of your choice affects the pokémon you're hunting.
I brought Hypnosis against a shiny Rockruff that just happened to have Vital Spirit.
Felt like an idiot.