PDA

View Full Version : Bleh feature of Pokebank;

Luxx
09-02-2017, 07:51 AM
I can't even describe this >_>

I'm shocked. It's unfair but not really? Idk how I feel but I JUST FOUND THIS OUT.
Unless everyone knew about this then well duh, its obvious that I've BEEN GONE FROM POKEMON WAAAY TOO LONG or maybe it just NEVER occur to me.

So apparently if you transfer from XY/ORAS to Sun/Moon, those Pokemon from XY/ORAS can NEVER return back once it enters the Sun/Moon boxes.

I made a huge error by mistake so yeah. I wanted to know if anyone had this problem x'D
BUT I got it resolved (a trader & I made an alternative way to trade so it works out in the end) = still ugh and what a hassle. Only because I have to switch out 3 games and keep entering Pokebank* x-x

*Back in the past, sometimes I lose connections to Pokebank, which locks me out and makes me wait 15mins until I can use it again. My internet connection is fixed and I don't have a problem anymore but it still gets to me >_>;

UltraSound
09-02-2017, 05:34 PM
It sucks, but it's always kind of been the same way - you can't trade back to previous generations. I mean it makes sense since a lot of mons get new moves that didn't exist during the previous gen/might get moves removed altogether. Being able to bring some moves to an older generation might bring some issues.

My thought process, may or may not be correct, grain of salt required; Some coding for the pokemon changes every generation, ex. S/M the bottle cap system, the effect doesn't pass on when bred, but the game still recognizes the pokemon as having a full stat/stats in battle. XY/ORAS never had that mechanism so those games would require a new patch to deal with that stuff. No clue what would happen to that pokemons stat if it were to be transferred back to a game where it's bottle cap kind of doesn't exist - would it magically gain those stat points it didn't have at birth or would it lose them permanently until again transferred back to S/M? Would it require you to give another bottle cap, or no? Lots of difficulties. Being able to trade backwards would require a lot of patching of old games that I'm sure the idea doesn't sound very rosy for the game makers.
I'm not sure at what second any additional coding S/M has given to pokémon (if it even has) is generated when you enter it from XY/ORAS to a S/M box, but anyway I'm pretty sure that process is irreversible.

Luxx
09-06-2017, 06:19 AM
After I google that issue, it was then obvious or "makes sense" afterward >_>;
But seriously I don't know what that didn't even occur to me AFTER the trade.

On the other hand, yours is a lot better and its 120% perfect sense to me xD THANK YOU
This is the shortest thread I bet e-e