Thread: Shiny Articuno??? Gen 1

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 32 | Offers: 32 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Shiny Articuno??? Gen 1

Just caught this this morning in my Pokémon red virtual console. Can anyone confirm if it’s shiny before i soft reset?

It’s stats are
    Hp:150
    Attack:104
    Defense:113
    Speed:100
    Special:140

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    From Reddit user ChezMare:
    "In Generation 2, shininess is determined by IVs - specifically, Speed/Defense/Special must be equal to 10, and Attack must be 2/3/6/7/10/11/14/15. (Note that IVs only go up to 15 in the Game Boy games). Pokebank attemps to take this into account, but gets the role of the Attack and Defense IVs exactly backwards. Meaning, Pokemon that would be shiny in GSC lose their shininess, and other pokemon will gain shininess."

I used this tool: http://nobleware.ca/dvcalculator
    To check your Articuno's DV's and got the following DV's:
    HP: 0
    ATK: 14
    DEF: 8
    SPD: 10
    SPC: 10
    Now that alone says really nothing to me - looks to me that no, your Articuno won't be shiny when transferred. But I very well might be wrong. Check yourself to make sure - at least now you have the tools to check yourself!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 71 | Offers: 820 | Wishlist Items: 152 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Not shiny