Thread: Cloning in Gens 4 Onwards

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 28 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Question Cloning in Gens 4 Onwards

Hey guys, how you all doing??

So to start this off, I'm the type of person who likes to collect, in both the real world and virtual. Because of this, when it comes to the likes of valuable/rare Pokemon, I like to clone them to have the option to do more with them. For example, it allows me to keep my own Solgaleo in Sun whilst being able to make a fair trade for Lunala. Or I can use it to have all stages of a shiny Pokemon's evolution line without having to find it more than once - which could be a real pain in cases where it's a 3 stage mon that is only available in one way.
    Recently I also got into RNGing in Gens 4+5, and will more than likely persue it in previous generations. This means I have a lot more mons that I'd like to have more than one of. The only cloning methods I know of for Gens 4/5 are either no longer viable (i.e. GTS method) or pose high risk of corruption (i.e. local trading and shutting down one system at the perfect time). Here's where you guys come in. I would like to know if there is any way I can clone my mons without either using those sketchy methods, or bighting the bullet and having to shell out stupid amounts of money for an Action Replay. I purchased Datel's AR PowerSaves 3DS way back, soon after Gen6 was released, but I really hate the fact that their predecessors are currently in the same stupidly over-priced bracket as HG/SS and the only places you can seem to get them are either from someone who doesn't have all the components, or online where you get absolute nonces trying to sell them for hundreds or thousands. That being said, if needs be, I will find myself one of these carts as I'd really rather not have to either run risks or keep these mons stuck in one cart.
    Final part to the thread, I'm going to make a seperate thread in the "General" section where I'll be offering cloning services to anyone for Gen6/7. I know there'll be people in my situation who don't have acsess to or have the funds for an AR and this is my way of helping. Here is the link to the thread: https://www.pokebay.com/forums/showt...oning-Services

Thanks again and hope you all have an awesome day
    Last edited by PoKoolKelly; 05-19-2018 at 09:02 PM.