Thread: Corphish, Originally from Kalos?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14

Corphish, Originally from Kalos?

I just found this really interesting. I'm working on a fanfic (check them out here: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough) and am going over all the Pokemon to find interesting Dex data when I landed on Corphish and noticed it's not from Hoenn. It's Hoenn, Kanto, Johto, and Alola dex all state it is imported, from afar, and not from those regions! But the Kalos, Sinnoh and Unova dex mention nothing about this. So in trying to narrow down where it's from, I have concluded they are from one of these regions. Unova was then easily ruled out because it isn't there in the origins of the Unova games, only after the post game when the freak accident lets loose the other region Pokemon into Unova. That leaves Sinnoh and Kalos only. Corphish is found in both regions in small areas, related to ancient history, but other than that, I can't seem to find anything noteworthy between the two to pinpoint where it's from. Except for this line in the Ruby Pokedex stating: "Corphish were originally foreign Pokémon that were imported as pets." These fish were imported, and from that word alone it seems they come from very far away, like a whole other country! Sinnoh is closer to the regions than Kalos is, and also we know Johto, Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are all based in Japan, with Kalos being France. Anything from there would truly be an import. Corphish would be pretty "foreign" if you ask me. And they're "pets." This is a bit of a stretch but there is an aquarium in Kalos that holds water types. It's possibly they may have Corphish there, too. After all if you were importing pets from another location you'd want to be sure they are healthy, and what better place than aquarium to check out their health? And lastly, Corphish was introduced in Gen 3, and Gen 3 was remade during Gen 6, the Kalos Generation. Is it all really just coincidence?

Just wanted to post my thoughts somewhere. Thanks!
    Accept me, respect me, or meet my gorgeous wife and be turned into the latest doll in my collection. Either way, enjoy my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    I started reading this with a mindset of "ugh, this is probably going to be super far fetched" and ended up believing it. It does make sense for Corphish to be originally from Kalos based on all of this. Nice piece of potential lore bits!
    Cool thoughts, thanks for sharing!