View Poll Results: Are you getting Sword and/Or Shield?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Stop complaining!

3 33.33%
  • HECK NO! #BRINGBACKNATIONALDEX

5 55.56%
  • Uncertain cuz so many reasons...

1 11.11%

Thread: Are You STILL Getting Pokemon Sword/Shield?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14

Are You STILL Getting Pokemon Sword/Shield?

With Ultra's thread shut down in fury (lol) I'm left wondering, with what will likely be half a dex or less, no megas, no z crystals, and the inclusion of... Dynamax... Who's still looking forward to Sword and Shield? Is the lack of things bothering you? Do you actually believe Gamefreak's absolute excuses for why they're making these decisions? Do you still support a company who is willing to lie to your face? Do you think the National Dex will ever return?

For me, I've seen enough comments, videos, and evidence that Gamefreak is indeed flat out lying about not being able to add all the Pokemon. I may, may, have been able to accept a lack of Dex. Actually no, but even if so, no megas or Z crystals, and instead Dynamax?? And to top it off, the excuses and laziness on behalf of Gamefreak. It's just a little crazy to think I spent $40 on a game with over 800 Pokemon and a crap ton of features, and now I'm being asked to buy $60 for like, less than half the previous game. Why would anyone do that...? If you would, do tell. The appeal of a new region just isn't enough for me.
    Accept me, respect me, or meet my gorgeous wife and be turned into the latest doll in my collection. Either way, enjoy my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    am angery alright let me be don't make fun of me, not like anyone had answered to my thread everyone was just spouting in the box :P

Who's still looking forward to Sword and Shield?
    I'm not. I mean, in a sense I'm looking forward to how badly it flops. I hope it flops. I hope they see what a massive mess up this decision was. I hope this will lead to either GF stepping up their game or Nintendo giving the development to devs who don't under perform this way. Both of those outcomes, however, I think are unlikely.

Is the lack of things bothering you?
    It really is. Even if it wasn't for the lack of everything, the game looks lacking as well. It does look more beautiful than earlier entries, but when compared to other games released on Switch, it's such a disappointment to look at.

Do you actually believe Gamefreak's absolute excuses for why they're making these decisions?
    I don't. Other game developers have shown to be able to develop on the Switch and make amazing looking games rich with content, meanwhile GF over here is cutting half of the content out cause of multiple stupid reasons that have been debunked by people smarter than me online many, many times. There's just no excuse for this that I'd accept. Saying "we can't do it" makes GF quite literally admit they're not good developers for these games. They're not good enough for the games anymore if they lack the ability to make them up to quality.

Do you still support a company who is willing to lie to your face?
    No. I'm not sure if there's any good, reliable statistics on this so take with a grain of salt; They're catering to children, when - I feel like - the majority of people who spend money on these games are adults.

Do you think the National Dex will ever return?
    I can only hope, but being the negative person that I am, I don't have high hopes. I mean, they did say that this change would be permanent from now on. Have they ever heard the critique thrown at them? I'm no expert with Gamefreak's history, I'd be happy to hear any time that Gamefreak has listened to their audience.

I see absolutely no other reason to support this other than "but it's a new pokemon game! I want a new pokemon game!"
    I want a new pokemon game too, but this is half of the game. Why would I get excited for half of a game? Imagine your favourite game, imagine the relative half-way point in the progression. Imagine your game ended there. That's what SW/SH is to me. It's half a game for double the price.
    Last edited by UltraSound; 06-24-2019 at 08:03 AM.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Also, I'd like to add to your "half a game for double the price" statement, as I think I mentioned elsewhere, Let's Go was kind of the lead in to this. It was Yellow version, on the Switch, with only 153 Pokemon in it, for $60. People really bought Yellow Version... for $60... In that respect, I have to say, this green lighted cutting the Dex. "Hey look they bought Yellow version, AGAIN, and for the full price of a new game. Why work hard??" So I do, openly, blame anyone and everyone who purchased Let's Go, for what's taking place with SwSh. Thank you and gooodnight, it's late. Sound off.
    Accept me, respect me, or meet my gorgeous wife and be turned into the latest doll in my collection. Either way, enjoy my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4355197/QueensBorough

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    The thing is, I don't think anyone with a brain thought Let's Go was a main series game. I think to this day it's a spin off, I don't care what the official folks say. It's not a main series game. It's far too different to be a main series game. So I could understand people buying Let's Go back then because people saw it as a spin off.
    Which. It. Should. Be.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Ive seen videos talking loosely about Let's Go and basically mocking that it's been called a main series game. I think the only people who still believe it is based on what gamefreak claimed are the Joe Merricks of the world and those who still think Meltan is a Gen 7 pokemon

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    you can now cook ~curry~
    over 100 different kinds of curry to be exact
    also one pokemon has like 28 forms because??????? we felt like it?????????????????
    def worth $60 now
    (it's not, it's really not, what are they doing)

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Yay long Meowth... Yay Pikachu but... fat... Yay Eevee just... fluffy...er... Yay, Chari- (ok Giant Charizard looks dope. I'll leave him and giant nasty but pretty Butterfree alone) Totally gonna get these games now... .-. Yep...

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    The gen 1 pandering is still going strong. Did Charizard REALLY need a new form? Fan favourite or not, I feel it's unfair Charizard is getting this special treatment with megas and now this.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 3 | Battle Requests: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraSound View Post
    The gen 1 pandering is still going strong. Did Charizard REALLY need a new form? Fan favourite or not, I feel it's unfair Charizard is getting this special treatment with megas and now this.
    Spoiler: (highlight to view)
    I originally posted that the ONLY starter allowed in was Charmander and the only legend in was Mew, aside from Galar starters and legends, but This just in, apparently the Kanto Starters ALL will be in the game, though that's no longer clear. There seems to be data for Bulbasaur and Squirtle but as of the immediate, ONLY Charmander is in. Very confusing times. But nonetheless, total BS and not worth it. Dueces
    This is really sad. I will never get over the fact the fan fave of this region is Wooloo. Sheep is the PERFECT description for this game. Not a coincidence at ALL!
    Last edited by S.A. Natsu; 11-16-2019 at 02:39 AM.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm going to be honest...I completely get the concerns regarding Pokemon Sword/Shield. I'll miss the national Pokedex, wish some other regions got some love, and (unpopular opinion) the megas and z-moves.
    But we haven't played the games yet, so I'm holding out! I'm super stoked for Sword/Shield. I know I'll enjoy going on a new adventure with new partners.
    Apart from that, I'm excited for the competitive scene. I believe that GameFreak is making it easier for players to be involved with competitive Pokemon and I appreciate that, being a newer player!

Who else can't wait for 11/15?

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 249 | Offers: 698 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hi everybody, I preordered Pokémon Shield and just beat the full game today, clearing the main game and the end game, capturing Zacian. I' am looking to next complete my pokedex and challenge the battle tower. I look forward to trading with other players and shiny hunting. Text me and add me as friends.
    I' am Poketim... and Poketim is... Me...

2nd place Runner up of the Official Pokebay VGC Tournament 2014.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 249 | Offers: 698 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I still know what you did last summer.
    I' am Poketim... and Poketim is... Me...

2nd place Runner up of the Official Pokebay VGC Tournament 2014.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Did you go back to the game after beating it, Master Poketim?