Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL POKEMON COMPLAINING PAGE

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Exflar View Post
    Might I remind you of Gen 1s atrocities?

3 piles of purple slime. A cyclops magnet that evolved into 3 cyclops magnets. A mime. A ganguro girl. A bodiless mole that evolved into 3 bodiless moles. A pile of cracked eggs. A seal....named seel.

Oh and my personal favourite: a ball that evolves into...wait for it....a ball.
    But hey that magnet cyclops gets a kickass evolution in gen 4

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 177 | Offers: 177 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i agree with exflar to an extent.
    diglett is great. i love it.
    magnemite was good too.
    voltorb, not so much.
    exeggcute sucked.
    but nothing near as bad and the gens afterward.
    seel is a badass. dewgong the destroyer.
    ditto is a classic, and can morph into other pokemon. awesome.
    grimer and muk sucked though.
    not as bad as spiritomb.
    i can steal the stars......
    and put them back again....

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    If we're speaking strictly on the grounds of design concept, you should know that each Pokémon is designed with meaning. People are too naive and/or unintelligent to realize the origins of the designer's intentions.

Since the Unova region is heavily based on New York City and its surrounding districts, the region's Pokémon are naturally a microcosmic reflection of North American culture.

Some are obvious: Braviary, red white and blue, bald eagle, patriotism.
    Some are obscure: Vanillite and its evolutionary family, designed to honor the consumption of icecream by the average American. The average US citizen consumes up to 6 gallons of ice cream per year.
    Trubbish and Garbodor are representative of NYCs pollution. Much like Grimer and Muk represented West Tokyo's sludge and water pollution.

There's justification to every Pokémon. You just have to be intelligent enough to notice.
    Last edited by Exflar; 07-30-2012 at 04:21 PM.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 177 | Offers: 177 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    it's not a matter of intelligence, honestly. and people like you trying (and failing i might add) to lord over people in a thread is quite annoying. concepts aside the designs are poorly constructed. almost as poorly constructed as your attempt at feigning intelligence.
    it's people like you that take away from conversations instead of giving and keeping it alive. honestly you are cliche, in your thoughts, writing, and general ideas.
    so kudos to you, you have made yourself look even more stupid, and average than you actually are........maybe, you might actually be that stupid and boring. i'll bet you respond to this........i win.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I was merely giving an informative rationale to enlighten those who so aimlessly "complain" about the franchise without giving a bit of thought. I, unlike your last post, contributed to the conversation. I see no need to claim "victory" as there was no intention In starting an argument. Nor did I make offense.

Your instigation is most unappreciated. Try not to be so defensive.
    Last edited by Exflar; 07-30-2012 at 07:20 PM.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 30 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Honestly, don't you think a lot of fans are too young to understand or care about the concepts?
    The souls did from their bodies fly, - They fled to bliss or woe!

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Not always I like to know the concepts of pokemon.
    Like how kyogre is based off the leviathan.
    But I gotta say it really pisses me off how people like the first generation the most ONLY because it's the original.
    The best generation (in terms of pokemon designs, concepts, and just the pokemon themselves) was generation 3 (Hoenn).

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 30 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I agree with you CreepingMaiden, I like the concepts like the Tao Trio and think Hoenn has been the best in terms of designs, overall. Its just I've had contact with many little kids who don't give any thought for anything and continue asking me to give them "The cool dragon pokemon."

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 177 | Offers: 177 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    gen three was pretty good. complaining is a necessity, not only that but is something that is encouraged and healthy, how else would ANYTHING grow otherwise? me claiming victory was to get you to respond in which case i was victorious.
    and i am not mindlessly throwing out accusations. no i am simply defending the people of this forum, there is no need to try (and fail) to make them seem or feel unintelligent, this is a game, and this is a discussion for that game, we have the absolute right, and duty to complain. we purchased the game, we love the game and we have every right to complain all day long, which we will do regardless of people trying to tell us we can't because it was accurate to someones conception. that is why i am defensive. in simple terms, you are a party pooper.

anyways, gen three was the best imaginatively, honestly i didn't dislike much from gen 3.
    cacnea was awesome, i loved it. and the desert part was cool and i liked how flygon had a go-goggles type of thing going on, it compliments the game nicely. alot most in fact of the pokemon were just good. the legendaries were great, things were good.
    i never realized how much i actually did enjoy gen 3. hmmm. i wish they would make a remake!

but with all arguments aside. gen one was pretty bad. i know the love for the first game thing and all but......dude has a point. a ball that evolves into another ball.......regardless i still love diglett and dugrio. ditto too. grimer can crawl off somewhere and die though.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I liked ditto too ESPECIALLY shiny ditto. And yes, flygon is one of the coolest dragon types as well as ground types there are.
    Oh an Rayquaza, along with giratina, COOLEST LEGENDARY DRAGON EVER!

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 177 | Offers: 177 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    agreed! i especially like giratina. he is just cool. his cry is awesome, like a creepy scream. if i heard that in the middle of the night i would cry. the only problem i have is that every legendary is a dragon type now.
    a bug type legendary could be cool. and don't say volcrana in my book it's about as legendary as machop

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 30 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I loved Giratina's typing, ghost dragon is awesome. And Rayquaza has to be my favourite legend hands down, and shiny Rayquaza... well get me a diaper because I'm shitting myself.
    No starter pokemon yet can compare to the 3rd gen starters. I liked Serperior but the 5th gen starters are pretty bad in comparison to 3rd gen.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 177 | Offers: 177 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Agreed. the fifth gen starters weren't that exciting. What is you fav. Starter for each gen?
    Mine is blastoise for first gen. Second gen is maganium coolest grass type ever. Third is sceptile. Fourth empoleon and fifth is serperior.
    Never the fire type......hmmm...........my fav. Legend is latias. She is adorable and powerful. I love latias

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i like all the 5th gen first evos starters but i personally hate their final evolutions my fav starters would be charizard followed by blastoise and honestly venasaur isnt that great

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 30 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Favourite starters. Favourite legends.
    1st gen-Venasaur (Normal) 1st-Rayquaza (Shiny/Normal)
    2nd gen-Meganium (Normal) 2nd-Reshiram (Normal)
    3rd gen-Swampert (Normal) 3rd-Victini (Normal)
    4th gen-Empolean (Normal) 4th-Darkrai (Normal)
    5th gen-Serperior (Normal) 5th-Articuno (Normal)