Thread: Can corruption spread? -Pokemon Emerald

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Exclamation Can corruption spread? -Pokemon Emerald

Long story short, whilst buying my friend's DS a while back I got all his GBA games including a fake emerald, USA region
    My main emerald, with over 500 hours playtime, see below is fully legit, bought at retail price, EUR region

My question is if I trade, mix records, interact in any way through the GBA cable with the fake emerald with my legit one will it corrupt my precious save file on my legit emerald?

Oh and also same goes for Pal Park with gen IV games
    Emerald: 375/398 National Dex
    Play Time: 506:56 as of writing- Silver Trainer Card
    Making the transition from 3rd to 4th Gen, making SS my new main game

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Most of the time, legitimate Pokémon games cannot communicate with Pirated or Fake versions of the game under normal communications. A corrupt save file cannot be spread through communication between legitimate and illegal copies of the game.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ...sorry, so you are saying that the corrupt save file which I have communicated with before, won't affect my legitimate copy then?

Good!
    Emerald: 375/398 National Dex
    Play Time: 506:56 as of writing- Silver Trainer Card
    Making the transition from 3rd to 4th Gen, making SS my new main game