Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Pokémon Ever End?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 73 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 26 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Will Pokémon Ever End?

This is something I've been thinking about for a while now and I'm sure many others have been too: will the Pokémon series ever end? Specifically the main RPG series.

Just how long can they continue to make unique Pokémon designs that will please the audiences? (5th Generation's Trubbish, for example, takes it a little too far in my opinion. A Pokémon literally made from rubbish? What more is to come in the future?) Of course not all designs get worse as the Generations continue. I, personally, quite like 5th Generation's starter monsters and quite a few of the dragons, such as Hydreigon.
    But then there is also the problem of difficulty. Each new Generation requires the player, ultimately, to capture all the Pokémon from all the previous Generations. So what about when it gets to, say, generation eight? Estimating just one hundred new monsters (less than what it actually is) per Generation that will total 800. Are people really going to be that patient if the time comes?

So how about all of you? Do you think the series will ever stop? Do you want the series to stop? I look forward to reading the different opinions.

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    I dont want the Pokemon series to EVER end! Its just to good But I get what your saying, it would be hard.
    But not if you had patience and time to capture all of them then yeah!.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i would guess they will squeeze at least one more generation in but i hope they are a little more creative than they were with gen 5. I grew up with pokemon and i dont want to see it end but would rather it die with dignity than them taking the p**s with the new pokemon. Also there is already like 649 in five generations so i make it to be just over a thousand in 8 generations which does seem a bith much to catch....

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 36 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I think one day pokemon will end. But reruns will keep on going for a while. I think they should stop at an even 10 gens. with at least 1500 pokemon or more. As for he 5 gen creativeness, well Black was my first pokemon game ever, I just love them all in 5th gen.
    Will Lambert

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 36 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Oh one more thing. Even though catching 649 pokemon as it is, is hard enough, plus events, side quests, training, breeding, Battling, the main game, anime Ect. Is a lot. Its what makes pokemon so good. There is so much to do, and see in the game. It gives the game an edge over all other games. What I mean is you cant finish the game (If you dont hack) in one day, or a week, or even a month. It take a while to compelte everything. So pokemon is a game that people like me, who like to have game that last more than 1 week, can always have a game to go back to and still not have it be boring.
    Will Lambert

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 24 | Offers: 29 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i agree with pink lugia poke mon will never get boring

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I hope not! Although, if it does end, I think it should go down with a BOOM! They should create one last game with ALL the regions ever created in! That would keep you playing for months....
    Yup, I'm back from another one of my vanishing periods. *sheepish grin*

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I grew up on Pokemon also and as much as I hate to say it, eventually all good things will come to an end. I don't know when. Maybe we will see another Generation, maybe we will see 3 more generations, maybe even 10 more, who knows. But eventually, it will come to an end. I really hate saying that, but it's the same for Mario, Zelda, Sonic, etc etc.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 96 | Offers: 114 | Wishlist Items: 52 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ZoruaBoo that is a fantastic idea!! XD

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by tensei3 View Post
    ZoruaBoo that is a fantastic idea!! XD
    *bows* Why thank you! So far, if you created a game with all the Generations in, there would be.....*thinks*... 40 Gyms, 5 leagues, 15 starter pokemon and 6 rivals (two in B/W).
    Yup, I'm back from another one of my vanishing periods. *sheepish grin*

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 96 | Offers: 114 | Wishlist Items: 52 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    If that game was made I could probably play it for the rest of my life, lol.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I grew up with pokemon games, and I agree, I am pretty sure somewhere it will end up stopping, but I think Im going to keep playing until then and probably a little after. I dont know how much longer it will last, but I think that idea of having one ultimate game at the end would be sweet, maybe at the title screen you would end up choosing which gen you wanted to play, then you could transfer from inside the game after you beat the elite 4 in that region. I also agree that one of the best things about pokemon is even after beating the elite 4 is you still have things to do, and if you completely beat it you can try to get all the pokemon, so yeah, I like how it isnt a game you finish in a week, I cant wait to see the next generation, hopefully it will only get better and more fun with each generation they create.
    Last edited by Pika.Shu; 12-10-2011 at 06:34 AM.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Probably not. And its really not general merchandising anymore. It's the game. Even the generation 4 games sold the most on the DS than just about any other non-pokemon/RPG genre games. The games have been generally the same but they are highly addictive even too non-avid fans of the series. So really as long as the games sell it'll always have a place in the world. Though I myself would like it to end definitely with dignity first of all....and secondly maybe a HUGE HUGE game that allows for access to all generations. Since fans like myself haven't been able to keep consoles/handhelds and games to "catch em all".

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 162 | Offers: 138 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 35 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    well when i was playing pokemon black i did think that they where running out of animals they base there pokemon on
    if they do creat another generation and its there last they should include all the best bit of of previouse games and have kids vote for fun new ideas to include

to be able to walk with pokemon again would be cool but there should be an optionto choose to walk with them cus some people dont like walking with there pokemon but others do
    Last edited by kakari; 12-22-2011 at 12:31 AM. Reason: i have more ideas
    witness the awesome power of furfrou
    http://www.pokebay.com/forums/showth...8336#post58336 breeding services

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 26 | Wishlist Offers: 26 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoruaBoo View Post
    I hope not! Although, if it does end, I think it should go down with a BOOM! They should create one last game with ALL the regions ever created in! That would keep you playing for months....
    if pokémon does ever end (which i hope it wont) then i agree they should put all regions in one game +1 extra region to play through with new pokémon. it should go through them all in order giving you the choice of a starter in each one