Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Pokémon Ever End?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaejoong View Post
    This is something I've been thinking about for a while now and I'm sure many others have been too: will the Pokémon series ever end? Specifically the main RPG series.

Just how long can they continue to make unique Pokémon designs that will please the audiences? (5th Generation's Trubbish, for example, takes it a little too far in my opinion. A Pokémon literally made from rubbish? What more is to come in the future?) Of course not all designs get worse as the Generations continue. I, personally, quite like 5th Generation's starter monsters and quite a few of the dragons, such as Hydreigon.
    But then there is also the problem of difficulty. Each new Generation requires the player, ultimately, to capture all the Pokémon from all the previous Generations. So what about when it gets to, say, generation eight? Estimating just one hundred new monsters (less than what it actually is) per Generation that will total 800. Are people really going to be that patient if the time comes?

So how about all of you? Do you think the series will ever stop? Do you want the series to stop? I look forward to reading the different opinions.
    I know bad designs already, I can already see Pokemon heading down the same path Crash Bandicoot did.
    But Pokemon Spectrum would be awesome!
    Also I don't want it to end no. I want it for my future kids to enjoy!

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 7 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well when you make an ice-cream as a pokemon I think they may be running out of ideas
    Im A Awesome Tamer

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 26 | Wishlist Offers: 26 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    When a Pokémon actually looks like a real animal (Pidove) you know that they don't have much longer But I want them to hit 1000 before they end it.
    1st Gen and 2nd Gen fit together perfectly. Why? Because all the Pokémon were designed by the same person. After 2nd Gen he decided to step down and take a different role. Everybody seems to love Lucario. Surprise, surprise, he was also created by the same person. We need that guy back!!

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Actually, I found a diagram a couple of months ago. It shows how the originality in Pokemon is actually not necessarily fading. That while some people say the pokemon aren't based on real life animals anymore and pokemon like trubbish and Vanillish aren't based on anything that are animals, it shows that the differences really have been miniscule if noticeable at all and even shows that some of the earlier gens have more of the things fans complain about in them then the later gens do.

Personally I think we have quite a lot of pokemon and if they get into the thousand number I think that would be going just way too far :/ I think one thing they could do is create a ton of Pokemon. Like beyond a thousand. But limit how many we can capture. Maybe in gen 8 for example, assuming we have about 1,000 by then, they should only let us capture the last 200 or so. Maintaining the memory of over 1,000 pokemon is just too ridiculous for me to have to deal with personally. And remember, Unova pokemon are exclusive to Unova. So when gen 6 comes out, unless they let us travel to Unova, it seems we shouldn't be able capture any unova pokemon without trading. So I think maybe they will continue to add to the number of pokemon, but they should limit exactly how many we can catch. That's just me though.

Also, I cant imagine pokemon lasting forever. Or even for another decade. I'd be surprised if it did. I just don't see it being that interesting for that long a time or the game makers keeping up the task. But it could happen. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Fennelito'sHelp; 10-05-2012 at 04:36 AM.

The Dazzling, Electrifying Stunner Of The Electric Pokemon Training World, Elesa!
    Badge: Amber Badge

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 39 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I think i also seen that diagram, but i can't see pokémon going on for another 2 generations.I think nintendo/gamefreak will create remakes of the earlier, and to be honest better pokémon games.I could see the creators making another gen but i don't think it will last long enough for 7th gen, if not 8th.
    1947 wins 11 losses--- Last competition entered : Belfast finished 1st place
    What separates me from the general public is that they want to be the best, like no one ever was. I am the best like no one ever was.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 10 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    nice idea zoruboo i agree

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 10 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Also I think that it might make 8gen but I dont think if possible it will make it past 10gen

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I bet it will end either before or after Gen 9. Always liked the number 9 :3

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 34 | Offers: 77 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu146 View Post
    I grew up on Pokemon also and as much as I hate to say it, eventually all good things will come to an end. I don't know when. Maybe we will see another Generation, maybe we will see 3 more generations, maybe even 10 more, who knows. But eventually, it will come to an end. I really hate saying that, but it's the same for Mario, Zelda, Sonic, etc etc.
    noo not sonic! i hope pokemon never ends but when you put an ice cream cone as a pokemon you would think it will end soon

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 39 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I dunno about mario and zelda they are huge gaming francinses and to be honest better than pokémon
    1947 wins 11 losses--- Last competition entered : Belfast finished 1st place
    What separates me from the general public is that they want to be the best, like no one ever was. I am the best like no one ever was.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I haven't played a Mario game in ages. Personally that's one franchise I'm surprised is still going with such a constantly repetitive gameplay. If Mario can keep up the same process for so long, I kinda think Pokemon can probably pull it off too... June's idea about limiting how many we can catch sounds like a very good idea but I think the thing is, they don't FORCE us to catch every Pokemon released. They just make them available. I don't think the goal is to "Catch em all" anymore. Complaining about catching 1,000+ pokemon is easily resolved by simply not catching them, lol. That being said... I do think the number is getting a bit high...

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I never want it to stop but i get it it would be hard but thats why its pokemon they want you to have patience. plus if you complete the pokedex without cheating that will mean something special
    "I will find you, Sasuke!"

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    that would definitely be the best step to pokemon. The final goodbye. all regions in one, all legendaries fully accessible.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Puredeo View Post
    that would definitely be the best step to pokemon. The final goodbye. all regions in one, all legendaries fully accessible.
    If They had a game with every single region fully playable I would flip
    "I will find you, Sasuke!"

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryeffinOak View Post
    I haven't played a Mario game in ages. Personally that's one franchise I'm surprised is still going with such a constantly repetitive gameplay. If Mario can keep up the same process for so long, I kinda think Pokemon can probably pull it off too... June's idea about limiting how many we can catch sounds like a very good idea but I think the thing is, they don't FORCE us to catch every Pokemon released. They just make them available. I don't think the goal is to "Catch em all" anymore. Complaining about catching 1,000+ pokemon is easily resolved by simply not catching them, lol. That being said... I do think the number is getting a bit high...
    I don't care... LEMME CATCH EM ALL!

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram