Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pokemon Oddities

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Renegade View Post
    I'd say it's whichever entered last... So it'd be sunny then raining. Then a sandstorm and then hailing...
    Yeah with weather-causing abilities the faster Pokemon's ability always kicks in first, so the slowest Pokemon will always get it's weather.

I always wonder this when I play: If pokemon are so powerful and aggressive, why do they just let humans capture them like that? I feel like they'd put up more of a fight. Especially freaky Pokemon like Rampardos; if that was real you wouldn't even have the time to send out a Pokemon before you're sent into the air by it's deadly headbutt.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Yeah with weather-causing abilities the faster Pokemon's ability always kicks in first, so the slowest Pokemon will always get it's weather.

I always wonder this when I play: If pokemon are so powerful and aggressive, why do they just let humans capture them like that? I feel like they'd put up more of a fight. Especially freaky Pokemon like Rampardos; if that was real you wouldn't even have the time to send out a Pokemon before you're sent into the air by it's deadly headbutt.
    Garchomp would've slashed you open, Aggron would've given you extensive bleeding, and Sharpedo would've eaten you... = 0% sense...

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    My mysterious thing is how come if the Magnemite family are genderless, how come random things have gender?
    Eg: Shellder/Cloyster - How does an oyster have gender? Exeggcute/Exeggcutor - A bunch of plant eggs and a egg tree have gender? WTF

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Renegade View Post
    My mysterious thing is how come if the Magnemite family are genderless, how come random things have gender?
    Eg: Shellder/Cloyster - How does an oyster have gender? Exeggcute/Exeggcutor - A bunch of plant eggs and a egg tree have gender? WTF
    I guess since magnemite is made of metal it would stand to reason that it is genderless.... but actually plants do have 'male' and 'female' parts that can only reproduce with the opposite gender's part. And I really don't wanna explain it, but oysters can reproduce..
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Renegadeito View Post
    If the pokemon is based on an organic species (Plants, animals, fungi, bacteria, etc. which all have 2-500+ genders, respectively) then one can assume the pokemon has gender. I cannot think of a real life organism that does not have at least one gender. Oysters and other mollusks have hermaphroditic organs. Believe it or not, plants and fungi (Exeggcute and Exeggutor are actually seeds, look up the dex entry) have male, female, or both male and female reproductive gametes.

When you take Biology you'll learn.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    in the first pokemon movie pikachu uses some electric type move on a graveler/golem (can't remember) and faints it in one blow that really annoyed me when I first saw that its a freaking ground type NO EFFECT!!!! gah
    Team Popplio ��
    it's cute OK stop being mean

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by CammyCoolPants View Post
    in the first pokemon movie pikachu uses some electric type move on a graveler/golem (can't remember) and faints it in one blow that really annoyed me when I first saw that its a freaking ground type NO EFFECT!!!! gah
    I think, in a battle against Blaine or something, Pikachu took out Blaine's Rhydon with an electric attack by "aiming for the horn".
    Hermits united. We meet up every ten years; swap stories about caves. It's good fun. For a hermit.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    if lengerdaries r lengerdary why can I have 10 of the same lengerdary and how can u find 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 000000000079000000000 of dittos in pokemon if they cant breed

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    ...that made me think neon cat...where DO dittos come from? D:

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraSound View Post
    ...that made me think neon cat...where DO dittos come from? D:
    Dittos are allegedly cytoplasmic goop and in theory, they are all different, but they share that they can morph into other things. It's pretty interesting, the thought process behind Ditto. But to answer your question, they reproduce Asexually. That means one Ditto splits in half and another Ditto is formed.

I always wonder how we can use fish-based Pokemon in the middle of a mountain...
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    If a metang is just two beldum connected together where did they get the middle face and body from
    Team Popplio ��

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    If a metang is just two beldum connected together where did they get the middle face and body from
    That's the evolution part. Like Charmeleon evolving to get its wings. Me rang is two Beldum, but they still evolve in their own way. They're more than just two Beldum standing next to each other, lol

The Dazzling, Electrifying Stunner Of The Electric Pokemon Training World, Elesa!
    Badge: Amber Badge

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennelito'sHelp View Post
    That's the evolution part. Like Charmeleon evolving to get its wings. Me rang is two Beldum, but they still evolve in their own way. They're more than just two Beldum standing next to each other, lol
    then how do robots evolve without human intervention its not like it has DNA and and without DNA something can't evolve unless it is given an upgrade which is technology's only way of evolution
    Team Popplio ��

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    then how do robots evolve without human intervention its not like it has DNA and and without DNA something can't evolve unless it is given an upgrade which is technology's only way of evolution
    Well the Beldum fammily is allegedly intelligent; I guess it could have built a body when it evolves
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Well the Beldum fammily is allegedly intelligent; I guess it could have built a body when it evolves
    But where does it get the parts from that would intergrate with its programing
    Team Popplio ��