Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do people know you play Pokemon?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Do people know you play Pokemon?

So, just as the title asks, do people in real life know you play Pokemon? Some people like to keep it a secret because of their age, or because they think they will be picked on, or because it's not seen as the 'done thing' where they live.

I don't tell anyone I play Pokemon, mainly because of my age and because of where I live. But I'm not afraid to tell anyone the truth if they ask.
    Yup, I'm back from another one of my vanishing periods. *sheepish grin*

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well some of my friends do but they are mostly gamers as well

charms :) Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    only close friends and family no one other then that since people think its just a childs game

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 159 | Offers: 110 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hell no they would make fun of me for years
    “The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.”
    ― Lelouch Vi Britannia

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    People know I play, but I wish they didn't, I get picked on because of it. I don't care though, I play anyway.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraSound View Post
    People know I play, but I wish they didn't, I get picked on because of it. I don't care though, I play anyway.
    Wow! That's great! I hate it when people bully others just because they like something others don't like/understand. It's awesome that you still do what you enjoy! *high fives*

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 10 | Offers: 45 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    me too my mom and dad pick on me cause of my age and my uncle still likes barney im comfused
    shiny squirtle :P

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Wow, I haven't seen that show since I was 9 Well my parents dont know what Pokemon is so I don't worry that much

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Im half and half i choose who i tell and only tell if it seems right in the convosation

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 37 | Offers: 99 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by POKEJRM View Post
    Im half and half i choose who i tell and only tell if it seems right in the convosation
    That's just about the same as me, I don't randomly burst into song and dance about it in front of everyone. Only a VERY few amount of my friends know I play.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 96 | Offers: 114 | Wishlist Items: 52 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Most of my friends know, although I don't really talk about it a lot. They probably think I'm a nerd but they don't make fun of me.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Most of my friends, or should I say all of them, know it. However, people who aren't my friend I usually don't tell unless I think they like it to.
    Stunfisk is LIKE A BOSS.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 17 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I dont really tell people, some know I play because they have been to my house, but they are cool with it, turns out they play it to. The only other people who know wanted to play, they didnt know what it was. I wished my bro didnt know for a while, he wouldnt let me hear the end of it, until I let him play my Soul Silver, then he went and bought Black version.
    But yeah, I dont tell people, but I dont hide it

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 159 | Offers: 110 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    One time I told a very close friend in 8th grade that I play pokemon two or three days later all my other friend knew and I didn't hear the end of it till I went to high school it sucked.
    “The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.”
    ― Lelouch Vi Britannia

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't (generally) actively tell people that I play any game but I never hide it. If it comes up I'll openly tell them. Most of my friends know I run PokeBay so they obviously know I'm into Pokemon