Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soul Destroying Moments To Share?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 20 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Soul Destroying Moments To Share?

Ok, here's an example:

I'm playing White 2, I found the Lunar Wing and went to catch Cresselia. I had a team of 3. Krookodile - 53(I think), Tornadus (55) and Arceus (100, someone to take hits once HP is down).

The battle is being VERY long and drawn out. I've thrown a TONNE of Timer Balls and then...

Cresselia has run out of usable moves! Cresselia used struggle. Yes. I was battling a legendary and it effectively killed itself.

Attempt 2 (I saved before the match and restarted the game once it used Struggle) and caught it after around another ten minutes in battle.

Not all bad, but I had to start ALL over again.

Anyone got anything similar?

And I did work out my team before battling. Krook knows Crunch, Dig (which obviously wouldn't work), Foul Play and Shadow Claw.
    Torn - Fly, Crunch, Air Slash and Extrasensory
    Arceus - Judgement, Roar Of Time, Spacial Rend and a ghost move I can't remember. Didn't actually attack with him, only used so I could throw balls

EllaJaneBinks Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    I finally received my Pass Permit to the nature reserve in White 2, I approuch the daunting shiny Haxorus..

Only to K.O it with my first move

I did not save before the match :3

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 20 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Wow, that really does suck XD

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 10 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 9 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    One from way back in Gen 3. I made it to the top of the tower, faced Rayquaza, fought for half an hour using who knows how many Ultra Balls, finally capturing it when my battery died.

It was the first time I swore in front of my mother.
    For as long as you live, shine! Let nothing grieve you beyond measure, for life is short and time will demand its toll.
    Friend code: 4399-0832-9179

Pikachu2000 Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    right gen 4 pokemon platinum i have others i shall post them soon right yes gen 4 pokemon platinum
    about two hours into my quest trying to find heateran my ds was on charge so it wouldnt die and i was almost there then out of no where a battle i was using infernape not knowing what it would be and for some odd reason it said nothing appered and i was battleing nothing i was like whatttttt the and i used flame thrower and it said nothing was to be hit im wondering if it could be a glitch or not and i was like ugh.. this continued and my game was like im gonna glitch you out then as i saved it went off nothing happened to the electic my ds charger was still on i turned it back on and noooooooooooooooooooooooo it was all erased so yeah heart destroying

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well, I was on Diamond, enjoying a leisurely stroll through Route 214 and I walk into the tall grass. Up comes the battle screen, and I see a gleaming effect and I thought it was my imagination playing tricks on me, then I look at the Pokemon that I'm battling, just glancing to see it's a Graveler and focus on the moves of my Prinplup.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed it and put my DS down... The Graveler was orange?! I thought I was crazy until I showed my sister... She confirmed I wasn't crazy and that this Graveler was orange after all.

So I put my DS on standby as I researched the meaning of the Graveler on Bulbapedia, and learned about how Graveler was a 'Shiny Pokemon'. (It was there and then I wished I had friends IRL who played Pokemon, but alas Pokemon was for 'little kiddies' according to my peers who therefore called me a Pedophile after that.)

So after I finished reading, I went back to my DS, and noticed that Graveler was there waiting for me!
    I didn't wanna OHKO it so I used Fury Attack, not that it did much damage. Then Graveler decided to be a total jerk and Self Destruct on me!

My first Shiny Pokemon I ever saw... Committed suicide in order for me to not catch it... (Cold-hearted butthole, but then again what do you expect from a boulder with arms? A hug, maybe?)

I still haven't got a replacement but I'll get one eventually... But when I caught my first shiny Pokemon (Gyarados from the Lake of Rage.) I had a feeling of being complete... Where Graveler left a hole in my soul, Gyarados fixed it... He's on my Gym Leader Team right now (Along with my Best Pokemon Friend, Shiny Crobat - A.K.A: My Gym Leader Team's only Female Pokemon, seeing as she is Poison/Flying, I call her my team's 'Femme Fatale'.) and Gyarados is my first and best Shiny Pokemon ever!

And that was my 'Soul Destroying Moment' from my Pokemon Gaming Life!

I hope you enjoyed my small anecdote!
    Last edited by The Kiwi Dragon; 12-14-2012 at 02:19 AM.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Omg remember the FR/LG safari zone? I used to spend like all of my time trying to catch a Kanghaskan from there, and when I finally caught one, my dad bumped into me, so i dropped my gameboy and the game froze. and then that became a big deal cuz it happened again when I got Tauros and Chansey.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    In white 2 right, u know how after u beat the elite 4 you can then travel into Pinwheel forest well I went there and found that Cheren had to come with me to investigate team plasma junk. I walked in with him fought a few trainers and then saw a shaking patch of grass. I went to it and it brought me into a battle with one shiny Audino and one normal Audino (two because I was with Cheren). It was the first shiny Pokemon I had ever seen and I actually couldn't believe my eyes but all good things must come to an end. Since I was versing two Pokemon I couldn't throw a Pokeball at the Shiny Audino straight away so Cherens Stoutland stepped in to finish the shop while i was trying to kill the other plain Audino. So he killed the shiny one. I was so irritated but at least it was only an Audino that I soon realised was probably more rare than something like a shiny gastly or timburr.

But anyway that's my tale!!!

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Job* not shop

EllaJaneBinks Guest
    Torchic, that can sometimes happen when you're hacking Pokemon, there is a cheat where if you don't put in the National Pokedex of the Pokemon you are going to catch, it won't appear and instead an invisible sprite will just appear and it will have no name and no details, you'll knock it out in one go.. it's just that way because there hasn't really been anything programmed in there because you're not supposed to be able to catch Pokemon that way.. through cheating.. so if you go into the grass with no National number typed in you'll naturally get no Pokemon..

And it's glitchy too so be careful, any who just letting you know.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 34 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    So I've got a soul crushing moment from the days when a gameboy was big and gray and pokemon games red and blue were it..lol I had finally done the impossible and caught Mewtwo with a pokeball, not a great ball, not an ultra ball, definitely not a master ball, but a normal pokeball. Super excited me goes telling all my friends and then some klutz decides to bump right into me forcing me to drop my gameboy. Obviously the game froze, so I had to restart.. But the part that makes this soul crushing is not only did the game freeze, but it also erased itself.. So I had to start all over...meh lol

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i was dumb and so lazy in emerald i used my master ball on a wailmer to dumb to remember i had i pkmn with surf
    when i faced rayquaza i ran out of everything and gameboy's pwr went out
    after 1 yr i got another emerald and my old one had my good team and my aunt asked for one and i gave my good one by mistake and she sold it...
    Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Red; 12-25-2012 at 02:09 AM.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The same happened to me, in Black 2, with not just Creselia, but Mespirit, Azelf, Uxie and Regirock, luckily I saved before taking them on, another soul destroying moment for me would be the shiny Wurmple I found on Emerald, I only had 5 pokeballs with me, just as I left the first town, and I didn't dare attack it, and run out of Pokeballs :/

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Exactly the same - Ho-oh on SS runs out of moves, struggles, faints. 3 times in a row before i finally catch it. Also on Sapphire i was looking for a surskit for the pokedex and it has a 1% chance of appearing and i had spent about an hour trying to find one. I finally find one and my attack = critical hit. Sometimes i hate pokemon.
    "over the laws of light, over the moon by midnight"

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 7 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    so I was talking to my friend one day and I asked him to get me a mawhile on his emerald, while he wa was doing this he encountered a shiny golbat! he was so pumped I felt a little up staged so to myself I said "self when you find a shiny catch it and show off" well I was trying to catch a chansey in firered at the safari zone when wouldn't youu guess a shiny rhyhorn appears I was so nervous.. I threw a safari ball at it. one roll.. two roll.. three roll.. I had a smile on my face.. the ball burst open! and then he ran away.. I put my sp down turned it off, and went to bed. I didn't play pokemon for a whole day lol