Thread: Hacked or not?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 20 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Hacked or not?

Is there an easy way to tell if a pokemon is legit? I've had a few (quite a few :P) from the GTS after getting the very nice shiny Froslass from Venom's creation (check it out if you haven't) and wondered, are these legit or not? I've got a few where the OT thing is in red and has SMR12 or a GameStop name but don't know :/

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Here are some ways to know if you have a hacked Pokemon:
    The ID of the Pokemon is 00001 or 00000.
    It knows moves it normally it can't learn (ex. Blastoise knowing Energy Ball).
    If you have a shiny starter, it should only be in a Poke Ball, not in a Great Ball, Dive Ball or a Master Ball.
    Found in an invalid or a Route that isn't it's habitat (or not roaming).
    Met at a level that you can't meet a Pokemon at.
    Hope I helped.
    "And the ripped ones say goodbye. While the others meet
    Attached somewhere. At least they're shared"

EllaJaneBinks Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Also there are some Pokemon that apparently cannot be shiny

This is from this Bulbapedia Link that I received from someone else - http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...y_Pok.C3.A9mon

And some info:

Unobtainable Shiny Pokémon

In most generations there are a few Pokémon that cannot be obtained Shiny without cheating or glitches, due to either being distribution-exclusive without an in-game location or, in Generation V, being programmed so that they cannot be Shiny in the wild.

Generation II

Mew*
    Unown forms other than I and V*

Generation III

Celebi

Generation IV

Celebi
    Arceus
    Spiky-eared Pichu

Generation V

Celebi
    Arceus
    Victini
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
    Keldeo
    Meloetta
    Genesect

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 20 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well I was traded a level 5 Dialga so that's an obvious one

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 32 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Not neccesarily steven, in Heart Gold, there is a whole arceus event that eventually lets you pick a level one dialga, palkia, or giratina. Also, it could have come from dream radar.
    The fire that surrounds us, that sustains us, that keeps us going, I can control that fire, that flame, that power.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura the Riolu View Post
    Not neccesarily steven, in Heart Gold, there is a whole arceus event that eventually lets you pick a level one dialga, palkia, or giratina. Also, it could have come from dream radar.
    Negative. Dream Radar Legends are Level 40 If I am correct.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Negative. Dream Radar Legends are Level 40 If I am correct.
    Actually the level depends on the number of badges you have, Lv. 5 being for zero badges.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by TVGuru View Post
    Actually the level depends on the number of badges you have, Lv. 5 being for zero badges.
    Oh... Interesting. I wouldn't really know as I'm not a fan of the 3DS... I call it overpriced and nasty.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 20 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    So it may not be hacked? Hmm... That's pretty cool then

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Pokecheck is a good way to hack check pokemon. Unless you have a flashcart though, you can only do pokemon without special ribbons since you use the GTS. Once you have a pokemon uploaded you get a legality analysis. If you don't want other people to have access to that pokemon you have to claim it or delete the data in 24 hours.

All you have to do is change the DNS on your DS. A walkthrough is available on site: https://www.pokecheck.org/