Thread: Best and Worst moments of Generation 1

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Best and Worst moments of Generation 1

What are your best and worst moments from this Generation?

Best moment imo is this is where Pokemon began, and how fun it was... especially Yellow!
    Worst moment... Other than catching MissingNo there was no really bad moments...

(First thread in Gen 1-3 Topic... Woot!)

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1203 | Offers: 242 | Wishlist Items: 196 | Wishlist Offers: 32 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Best moment is that this is where it all started and what made me love pokemon.
    Like you said Venom aside from catching a MissingNo there were no bad moments

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I had a neighbor show me a website that had pictures of marill calling it pikablu with a whole long description on how to catch the little guy in lavender town tower. I freaked out and spent the next 3 days trying the method told to me on the computer....and no pikablu, that is for about 4 more months untill i got a import of gold
    I thought what i'd do is pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 113 | Offers: 251 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 21 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Although i must agree with Venom on the good part i must disagree with the bad part
    Missingno. dosent make your game freeze or any other things like that, it only makes the hall of fame messed up ( unless you really cared what your hall of fame contains)
    I myself have a level 144 missingno. on my red team.
    its defense is terrible. ( its just there because the ledge of cinnabar hold the data of your name and for that reason, if you have certain letters in your name, it will appear in different forms.)

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Best: The game that made me fall in love lol. I saved up for months to get a Game Boy Color, and Red version. I played non stop!
    Worst-Missingno. If you caught it and left it in the box, it just messed up the Hall of Fame. I experienced the same thing Venom did. When I would use it in battle, it would glitch my whole team. I was bummed because I had to restart my file in Blue Version because of it.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Best moment was beating Blue. Worst moment was playing Platinum. Never been so bored playing a pokemon game in my life.

Never had an issue with Missingno. Had several of them. One noteworthy pokemon moment was the rumor you could get Luigi in the game by doing somethign with Lickitung and Snorlax or something. Fell for it. Yup... >.>

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I never heard the Luigi one. Apparently there is a rumor that you can evolve Dratini or Dragonair to Yoshi (supposed to be the Dragonite form, but the glitch makes Dratini skip the Dragonair evolution. I don't know, it's just something I heard. I haven't done much research on it).

Or how about the rumor that if you traded a Pokemon that knew Cut to your game, you could bypass the S.S. Anne. Then later in the game, when you learned Strength and Surf, you could surf off the dock and there was a pickup truck parked on the land. If you used Strength, you could push it out of the way and Mew would be under it. I fell for that one :P

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I found that truck once, lol. I spent hours trying to move it. I tried the SS Anne thing where if the game reaches 100 hours, it's a year in the game and the ship returns. Left my gameboy on while I was at school and the battery died. Tried it again and waited by the dock. No ship

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Best moment: My first Shiny Pokemon. Worst moment: When you couldn't join Team Rocket. xD

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 39 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    In Gen 1 there were no shiny pokémon....
    1947 wins 11 losses--- Last competition entered : Belfast finished 1st place
    What separates me from the general public is that they want to be the best, like no one ever was. I am the best like no one ever was.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chels View Post
    Best moment: My first Shiny Pokemon. Worst moment: When you couldn't join Team Rocket. xD
    LOL Oh honey, Shiny Pokemon debuted in Generation II.

Best Moment: Beating the league.
    Worst Moment: Having the internal battery die a decade later.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Best Moment: Beating League
    Worst Moment: NOTHING.
    #needsmega

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 18 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 13 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    if i had it, the worst moment i would think would be BURIED ALIVE! *shudders*
    Come and join the Animal Crossing: New Leaf sports games!
    Click on this link to get to it! ---> ---> ---> http://www.pokebay.com/forums/group.php?groupid=623

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 10 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Best moment is a tie between a) starting the game. My brother and I both played, he had red, I had blue, we made sure to start our games at exactly the same time, then retreated to our rooms to try and play through faster than each other. :P

and b) Nintendo Mag did series of events where you got the chance to beat their resident pokemon "master" (I think his name was Dave) You had to get through three or four rounds of a knock-out tournament first. I did, and got my chance to beat Dave, and did that too. I got interviewed for some local radio station whilst I was queuing to fight him. I think they picked me because I was the only girl in the queue :P

Worst is between the battery dying on that cart. (I loved those pokemon, damnit). And missingno. I never caught missingno, but out of curiosity I did encounter it. Doing that was enough to glitch up the hall of fame, so I then spent hours running through the elite four again and again until all the old hall of fame entries had been knocked out. Then I battled some idiot kid who sent out a damn missingno. >_< Screwed up the hall of fame all over again. I was so very unimpressed.