Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Pokemon X and Y

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Exflar View Post
    There are mainly three big speculations considering the namesake of X and Y. Everyone's noted the obvious mathematical schematic. X axis and Y axis, Xerneas being the running or lateral and Yveltal being the rising or vertical. The biological aspect, as you mentioned, could extend further backward from blastulaic germ layers; namely the sex chromosomes.

As for the other fan-theory, which I find much more plausible, is more of a mythical basis. Since we can safely assume Gen VI region to be based on France (and Europe by extension), Xerneas and Yveltal bear similarity to creatures of Norse and Celtic mythos. In the image linked below, you can see the three levels of Yggdrasil. Up top is the Wyvern, notably, Yveltal. Xerneas is represented as a culmination of the four stags of the middle realm (Note the four colours on Xerneas' antlers). Which lends itself to the third creature, a serpent, which very much could be the basis of a possible Pokemon Z title.

http://www.kimikogaming.net/wp-conte...y1tco1_500.jpg
    I agree about the Wyverns and the Stags, as I have studied Norse Mythology independently. But the Serpent would not be a cover legendary; it's myth also involves the rodent and the eagle to make any sense. I can definitely see it as a legendary, but not a cover legendary. And I think for X and Y they may just make X2 and Y2.... I'd hope for Z but not too many independent myths in Norse Mythology.

Your picture is a rather inaccurate depiction of Yggdrasil and there is no Wyvern in the picture anywhere.... A Wyvern is a Dragon with Hind Legs and Wings but no Arms. The bird atop the tree is the nameless eagle. Lol but the 4 Harts (Stags) are Norse and the Wyvern is more concerned with Gaelic myths... This is the first time I'm seeing a mixture O.o But then again, also the first time Cover Legends are not based off of Asian myths.. Lol

If it is based off of the Harts then Xerneas could possibly be a Flying-type (long, complicated explanation of why can be asked for).
    Last edited by TheManyFacesOfGlalie; 01-22-2013 at 04:31 AM.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Personally I think they will make Z. But I dont think it will be like the other 3rd games like Crystal, Emerald, etc. It will possibly be a brand new game altogether related to X and Y but its own new story. Nintendo is always pulling new tricks out the hat with Pokemon since gen 2 was announced so I bet they have something cool planned after X and Y.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 23 | Wishlist Items: 17 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm in favor of a "Z" legendary. I think the X and Y hint at the possibility of a Deoxys showing up in the first game, but I think X, Y, and a potential "Z" will represent the three dimensional coordinate system. Seeing as how the game is in 3D for the first time, and they are trying to put emphasis on the 3DS, it seems to make sense.