Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X and Y

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I own every single game made and I was actually a bit disappointed in the last series of pokemon games. Never really enjoyed the Black and White and the second series. I wish they would make a remake of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. I enjoyed those games a lot.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1203 | Offers: 242 | Wishlist Items: 196 | Wishlist Offers: 32 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SemperFratdelis View Post
    I own every single game made and I was actually a bit disappointed in the last series of pokemon games. Never really enjoyed the Black and White and the second series. I wish they would make a remake of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. I enjoyed those games a lot.
    I doubt that will happen because they were the lowest selling games of the series. I'm disappointed because 6th Gen is 3DS only and not only do I not have a 3DS but I can't afford one either

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It's a bit disappointing, those were my favorite series of pokemon. Check on craiglist, some 3ds are sold for cheap.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    If you buy the XL. It's currently $170 for the regular, but I expect that to go down or on sale sometime in those ten months.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1203 | Offers: 242 | Wishlist Items: 196 | Wishlist Offers: 32 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    If thats the case I'll be waiting until the price goes down or it goes on sale because I don't have $170 to buy one right now.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Like I said, I've gotten a few games on craiglist and I haven't been disappointed. Although, there are a lot of scama sometimes. If you do make sure you see the seller in person, and see the physical item that your are buying and that is working properly. Some sellers claim that it's brand new and don't want you to open it but insist because that item may have been re-wrapped and there nothing in there but a fake game or console.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1203 | Offers: 242 | Wishlist Items: 196 | Wishlist Offers: 32 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably try to find a preowned one at Gamestop

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 14 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Thats true but its still $200 plus tax just for the system and then when the games come out it'll be another $40 plus tax for one game
    Keep in mind that many gamestores will take your old system and games for trade in credit and you can get the 3ds system for less. Or you can save 30$ a month unill Oct and get both the games (X and Y) and system. There is time. Oh and look for 3 ds sales they happen too. The 3ds goes down about 20 to 50 dollars depending on the sale and the place. You can also get a used on Ebay for 1/2 the price.
    Last edited by Sniv; 01-08-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    Sniv~William

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Thats true but its still $200 plus tax just for the system and then when the games come out it'll be another $40 plus tax for one game
    So true... I have one so I can't really complain myself, but a minimum wage part-time for a lil while would cover that. But I guess if you're younger than 14 that doesn't work...

I really can't wait! Or can I? I must say this, and please don't hesitate to agree...... Pokemon has began to disappoint me. Since 5th it seems they've been running out of ideas for locations (They actually chose the US...) and Pokemon (A garbage bag? Really?). Plus, the stories have just gone away almost completely since 4th gen. I mean, check the starters at serebii.net... They just don't look good at all to me. And they turned the classic RPG game into a 3D landscape RPG, which almost kills it (if not for grid-based movements, which they better keep...). And the names... that's just terrible. Pokemon X and Y? What is this? Algebra? Nintendo is just losing it's touch in my opinion... I'd only see myself getting this if, a) They chose a cool location to model it after, and b) They have interesting Pokemon. But if they're even similar to Sigilyph, Garbador, etc., It's a no.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    So true... I have one so I can't really complain myself, but a minimum wage part-time for a lil while would cover that. But I guess if you're younger than 14 that doesn't work...

I really can't wait! Or can I? I must say this, and please don't hesitate to agree...... Pokemon has began to disappoint me. Since 5th it seems they've been running out of ideas for locations (They actually chose the US...) and Pokemon (A garbage bag? Really?). Plus, the stories have just gone away almost completely since 4th gen. I mean, check the starters at serebii.net... They just don't look good at all to me. And they turned the classic RPG game into a 3D landscape RPG, which almost kills it (if not for grid-based movements, which they better keep...). And the names... that's just terrible. Pokemon X and Y? What is this? Algebra? Nintendo is just losing it's touch in my opinion... I'd only see myself getting this if, a) They chose a cool location to model it after, and b) They have interesting Pokemon. But if they're even similar to Sigilyph, Garbador, etc., It's a no.
    The grass starter looks like oshawott's been recoloured and had a chestnut shell on it's head that vaguely resembles a Shellder that was on the head of Slowking. The fire starter looks like some weird Purrloin and Zorua mutation. And the water looks like the missing link in the Tympole family. The black legendary resembles a Lugia and Giratina fusion kinda thing, and the blue legend looks like the long lost cousin of one of the sacred swordsmen...

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    The grass starter looks like oshawott's been recoloured and had a chestnut shell on it's head that vaguely resembles a Shellder that was on the head of Slowking. The fire starter looks like some weird Purrloin and Zorua mutation. And the water looks like the missing link in the Tympole family. The black legendary resembles a Lugia and Giratina fusion kinda thing, and the blue legend looks like the long lost cousin of one of the sacred swordsmen...
    Exactly... Just pure lazy. And if it's not laziness, then it further proves my point about there being no more ideas: Because if they are coincidentally the same, it means every idea has already been done. I like the fire starter... It's definitely based off of a lynx, and I like lynxes xD But yes it looks very similar to zorua... the water one I must agree with you about too, and the grass one is, like most grass-types, based off of a tree. A chestnut tree. Mixed with a thinner version of Drilbur. I agree about the Blue Legendary and the Red one just looks like the devil with an extra arm!

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I just think it sucks for people that have been playing since 1st gen like myself and don't have a 3DS nor can they afford one. Are we just supposed to stop playing pokemon at 5th gen?
    If you've been playing since first Gen it means you've had (at least) a Gameboy (or Gameboy Colour), Gameboy Advance and a Nintendo DS. Why is it such a problem that you now have to get a 3DS?

Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Pokemon X and Y?
    To me it seems more of a generational thing. While there are some debates about when a specific generation starts and ends, to some, people born in the 80s are Generation x while the 90s are Generation Y. I see Pokemon X and Pokemon Y more of a tribute to the older, Generation X players and the newer Generation Y players. That's just a feeling I get, not based on anything concrete though.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have a 3DS. I am so getting X or Y!

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 102 | Offers: 198 | Wishlist Items: 67 | Wishlist Offers: 14 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i have one and i am so happy

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaming Master 2000 View Post
    If you've been playing since first Gen it means you've had (at least) a Gameboy (or Gameboy Colour), Gameboy Advance and a Nintendo DS. Why is it such a problem that you now have to get a 3DS?

To me it seems more of a generational thing. While there are some debates about when a specific generation starts and ends, to some, people born in the 80s are Generation x while the 90s are Generation Y. I see Pokemon X and Pokemon Y more of a tribute to the older, Generation X players and the newer Generation Y players. That's just a feeling I get, not based on anything concrete though.

Because back in the day, all the Nintendo consoles were a reasonable price, the 3DS pricing is almost crazy, and I'm going to desperate measures just to get a 3DS alone.
    Selling off a DS Lite, Pokemon Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver (With outer box and PokeWalker) just to keep my Pokemon life alive...

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.