Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X and Y

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 32 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Im pretty excited about them to tell the truth, new starters! And new legendary pokemon! Wow! I just wish they would add a feature to transfer them to 5th gen, that would be awesome!
    The fire that surrounds us, that sustains us, that keeps us going, I can control that fire, that flame, that power.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 14 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm having two problems here. You complain about Nintendo selling there 3D ds for alot of money and complaining that you are not getting a fair deal. That tells me you have never had one. The 3D ds are filled with loads of new features and have added memory, battery life and ITS 3D or 2D.
    Plus you guys complain about the loss of creativity of nintendo, but really they have not lossed or gained any. You may say Snivy is a walking snake, Tepig is an orange pig and lillipup is a dog, but Squrtle is a blue Turtle, Bellsprout is a root, and Geodude is a rock with arms. Just face it your home region is one of the first and yes its good, but its no better or worse than any other. Every Gen has there ups and downs but Im tired of hearing how 5th gen has less creativity than the rest. I simply disagree.
    Last edited by Sniv; 01-09-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    Sniv~William

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I agree with Sniv. Marril looks like Pikachu (as well as Plusle, Minun, Parcharisu,etc) but no body complained about that)

I think once we've seen them more and more, we start liking them more. I was a little unsettled because of he huge change in gameplay, but as I watch the trailer again and again, the more happy and excited I am. At first, I was only fond of the fire starter, but now the water and grass are growing on me.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 212 | Offers: 553 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 34 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I've pretty much decided on getting Pokemon Y Version.
    I'm not fond of Pokemon X's cover Legendary....

I do not have a 3DS either atm, but I am going to buy one, and sell my current DSiXL to help pay for it. Hopefully covering all the needed expenses with my birthday money too.

It still sucks though. I am so excited about 6th gen, but bummed that myself, and many others, now have to drop $250+ just to keep playing the games... I've also been playing since day 1 in the first generation. I'll always love Pokemon <3

in·fa·mous - /ˈinfəməs/
    Adjective - Well known for some bad quality or deed - Wicked; abominable

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniv View Post
    I'm having two problems here. You complain about Nintendo selling there 3D ds for alot of money and complaining that you are not getting a fair deal. That tells me you have never had one. The 3D ds are filled with loads of new features and have added memory, battery life and ITS 3D or 2D.
    Plus you guys complain about the loss of creativity of nintendo, but really they have not lossed or gained any. You may say Snivy is a walking snake, Tepig is an orange pig and lillipup is a dog, but Squrtle is a blue Turtle, Bellsprout is a root, and Geodude is a rock with arms. Just face it your home region is one of the first and yes its good, but its no better or worse than any other. Every Gen has there ups and downs but Im tired of hearing how 5th gen has less creativity than the rest. I simply disagree.
    Dude, because in my country a standard 3DS is just over $400 brand new. An XL is about $100 extra.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't see why people are getting upset with the 3DS thing. I mean I totally get what everyone is saying about money. I work seasonally, so I'm in the same boat as everyone. I guess I don't know why everyone is surprised. All companies are like this. As the new technology comes out, everything will convert to that. Nintendo did that with GB->GBA->DS. PlayStation is doing that with PS1->2->3. Also with PSP-> PS Vita. Xbox -> Xbox 360. If you want any new games, you're sooner than later going to have to buy the new technology. That's just how business works unfortunately. It comes out in October, that's almost 10 months to come up with a plan. eBay,Amazon, GameStop, etc are all ways to get them cheaper.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1203 | Offers: 242 | Wishlist Items: 196 | Wishlist Offers: 32 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu146 View Post
    I don't see why people are getting upset with the 3DS thing. I mean I totally get what everyone is saying about money. I work seasonally, so I'm in the same boat as everyone. I guess I don't know why everyone is surprised. All companies are like this. As the new technology comes out, everything will convert to that. Nintendo did that with GB->GBA->DS. PlayStation is doing that with PS1->2->3. Also with PSP-> PS Vita. Xbox -> Xbox 360. If you want any new games, you're sooner than later going to have to buy the new technology. That's just how business works unfortunately. It comes out in October, that's almost 10 months to come up with a plan. eBay,Amazon, GameStop, etc are all ways to get them cheaper.
    I was upset with it at first but the more I thought about the game and everything I started looking forward to getting a 3DS and the new game when they come out. I'm no longer upset but instead excited for the new generation of Pokemon

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 21 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 13 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well, it's a long discussion with a lot of things being said. I'd just like to give my opinion about a few details.

1. The most logical thing it's that Nintendo wants to boost the sales of it's hardware. If I had a company, I'd like to sell the most I can. It's simple like that.

2. They seem a little desperate about launching a new gen. Black 2 and White 2 were launched last year and it didn't seem the time for a new gen. But something must be going wrong, because Black and White are the only games in the entire pokemon series that had a second part (never seen before). So they seem to be taking a risk launching a new gen this year.

3. I think from other perspective seeing that they launch it only for 3DS and it's a matter of hardware. ¿Have you ever seen before a Resident Evil game launched for a Nintendo handheld? Investigating a little in the past to write this, it seems like Capcom launched a RE for GBC, but it was a failure. Capcom decided to never launch another RE game for a Nintendo handheld as long as they weren't convinced that it had the hardware requirements that a RE game needs. Then the 3DS came and RE Revelations. Guess which console has more hardware capabilities (DS or 3DS).

4. I saw the entire Nintendo direct broadcast and they focused a lot in the interaction between the consoles. Link cable trading in Blue. Tag team battles in Ruby. Wireless trading in Fire red and Leaf green. GTS since 4th gen. I think they are thinking something about improving the GTS or somethink like that.

5. The game has been essentially the same since 1st gen. I'm talking about the gameplay. It's been the same, gen after gen. In the trailer, the character now seems to be more active. He can jump, grab a rope, and make more actions (jumping in a spider web?) beside just running around and fighting other trainers. Probably they are thinking of making it like an Action/RPG. If they do that, it would be the biggest change in the pokemon series.

Maybe too many people is a little disappointed because they'll have to buy a 3DS for this game, but you still got time. The game will be launched in october. There's no rush yet.

See ya later.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't see why everyone is mad at nintendo because they released a game on their newest handheld console it was going to happen sooner or later I mean you complain about it being on the 3ds but other people complain about them not making the pokemon games better or different lets just face it that nintendo is not evil they are just doing what anyone would do with a new console giving it one of its highest selling franchises and we got to look at the up side look at the trailer you can't say that dose not look awesome
    Last edited by DejaVu146; 01-09-2013 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Language
    Team Popplio ��
    it's cute OK stop being mean

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Personally I don't see how anyone can complain about the franchise moving to the 3DS. Have you so quickly forgotten the origins of Pokemon on the gameboy? Moving into the Color mode in gen 2? GBA after wards in gen 3. The DS in gen 4 and 5. Nobody can really be that surprised by this upgrade? Why limit themselves when they can produce a hopefully better game with more defining graphics. Why would they restrict themselves to a very old handheld console when the latest thing is out. This isn't new in any sense. Nintendo also isn't the only ones who do this, this is how video game companies work in general. Nintendo can't just cater to those in the world low on finances. They have to keep their own company afloat to keep on affording to support the Pokemon franchise in the first place, and they can't possibly do that by sticking to old systems. Pokemon is one of the few strings Nintendo really has keeping them going. This is business. Not necessarily evil, either. It's that simple.

That being said, I hate the starters... Graphics look crisp, scenery is beautiful, so hopefully it's got a great story to tag along with it.
    Last edited by GaryEhffinJoaker; 01-09-2013 at 05:00 AM.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Okay let me just clear up the 3DS thing... It's all marketing. Nintendo had an idea: a mobile gaming device that can use 3D graphics and not require 3D glasses. As far-fetched as it orignally seemed, the engineers were able to come up with a way to make it work (which, if you're wondering, is by layering and using depth instead of bevel or pop-outs, making it similar and passable for 3D). They pay them an arm and a leg, and then they must create these devices, hire beta testers, marketing teams, etc. It seemed like such a good idea that everyone would want one, but they eventually faced a reality: It makes a little difference to people. But at this point, they released a ton of games for it already, and invested a huge load of money into the selling and making of it. So basically, they would take the 3DS off the market, but they'd lose way too much money if they did. So instead, they are transferring their main series (Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, etc) onto 3DS to force people to buy it. Simple... And this is the same thing for 3DS games replacing DS games entirely, very similar to GBA games being lost to DS games. It's inevitable. It'll take longer considering the slight difference, but it will happen soon. Why would Nintendo make a new console if they didn't intend to eventually discard of the old one? They will soon mark the DS obsolete, just like they did with Gameboys.

Now, about the starters... I keep my comments previously, but I need to add that they just don't give me that feeling... That "this is definitely a starter" feeling. I can see them in-game, but not so much as starters. That's a stretch. I love the fire-type one though. I like Lynxes, Lions, etc so it's really cute to me! Hoping it doesn't lose that after evolving like Torchic and Tepig did...

And as far as cover legendaries, don't assume which is which. With BW, the white Pokemon went to Black and vice versa. So the Y Pokemon may be in X and the X Pokemon may be in Y, or maybe not. We don't know yet.

I also never thought about what Sniv said before... but now that I have I see there's still a difference... While they may have good concepts, there are poor executions. Bellsprout, I admit, had a stupid concept. It was the beginning stages of a plant growing up as it evolves. Not much to it, but the way they executed it was just amazing and Victreebell will always be one of my favorite Pokemon. I liked it better when they focus on the natural elements and beings, along with ancient myths and beliefs for ideas... Even 'weird' Pokemon like Trapinch are based off of real creatures, but now they used Gears, Garbage Bags, etc. I guess I can't blame them, I more blame society now that I think about it... These things have really become THAT big a deal in our daily lives... I guess it's part of the game's point though: Nature vs. Technology.

The stories also disappoint me now. There is no argument here.... Nintendo is getting lazy with story lines and map creativity. I mean, Unova was just a circle for you to go around. Even if the storyline was less step-by-step instructions on what to do next, it's just a circle. Not like Kanto where you could go in several directions and figure it out yourself. And the sub-quests... Gold Teeth, Fishing Gurus, it was all amazing. It felt more like a real-world thing. Now, it's just "N went over here! Help us!" and then you follow the character...

I love the battle graphics they have in the trailer though. The 3D lighting of the sprites is terrible, but it said that the footage is not of final gameplay yet so it doesn't matter. They will definitely fix this before the game comes out.

But, even with a system change, Pokemon should still be the classic RPG with small towns and unrealistic grass and evironments. The new gen seems better in concept, but it breaks traditional Pokemon.
    Last edited by UltraSound; 01-09-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Removing inappropriate content

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 24 | Offers: 32 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I agree with Gary and papaya person...
    Remember when we all had gamebody advance the big flat ones that actually fit in your hands well unless you had a light you couldnt play at night but then somebody at nintendo created the gameboy SP which everybody was greatful for dont even try to say that you werent even if you didnt like the flip thing... As every single one of the hand held consoles have evolved into something better also at the same time the old technology gets fased out. It does suck that we cannot play 6th gen with 5th gen like we have been doing with 4th and 5th but guys and girls this is just how pokemon is gona progress. I know everybody likes to complain trust me i do my fair share as well but reading this discussion makes me feel dumb for feeling angry. We as pokemon fans are getting a new adventure with new pokemon. EVERYONE, from the little 12 year olds to even GM, When we start a new gen for the first time it makes us so excited like the first day we got to play pokemon. This is a good thing no matter what change is happening. Thats all i have to say about that.

P.S. to all those who said that just because you dont have a 3ds your pokemon journey is going to end..... Dont even try that crap you know your going to get it if your a serious fan(which everyone on this site is...) then you will get a 3ds someway or another.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 177 | Offers: 177 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ok. my mind is blown. completely blown. i am so glad they got out of the color thing and are branching out. x and y look completely epic. nothing short of. i have a 3ds but i am now going to get a 3ds xl just for this. i'm going with froakie! ten months though........it will be the longest ten months ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the best year ever!

complaining???? but this is a new adventure.....a new game. they needed to progress and the 3ds blows the dsi out of the water. new pokemon! i am the first to complain. i love complaining. but this is a new pokemon!
    Last edited by DejaVu146; 01-09-2013 at 10:04 AM.
    i can steal the stars......
    and put them back again....

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I fail to see how Gen 5 lacked in plot. The Unova saga is practically the most story driven set of games in the main series line. Honestly, how do you compare "8 gyms, petty thief organization, elite four" of gen 1 to gen 5's "liberation of Pokémon, abusive father with ulterior motives, gym leader law enforcement"?

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Exflar View Post
    I fail to see how Gen 5 lacked in plot. The Unova saga is practically the most story driven set of games in the main series line. Honestly, how do you compare "8 gyms, petty thief organization, elite four" of gen 1 to gen 5's "liberation of Pokémon, abusive father with ulterior motives, gym leader law enforcement"?
    Again... Good concept, poor execution. Kanto's idea on paper was simple, but when they put it into the game it was just amazing. Unova had a better idea on paper, but they made the story too easy to follow. And there were no 'Ahhh' moments, like in gen 1 when I finally got the Gold Teeth and Strength! There's nothing like that in 5th gen... Instead, it's "There's a man in a house here that is giving away an HM". I like to be surprised. Kanto had some sub-quests that seemed pointless but were nesecary and were amazing. It was all clever how it went together... And the map was cool too. 5th gen is just a circle with a string attached, like a balloon. They tried to fix it in B2W2 but it's still terrible. Too simplistic.

PS: Team Plasma reveals at the end that the Liberatioon of Pokemon thing is just a hoax..