View Poll Results: Which Starter will you pick?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin (Grass)

16 17.39%
  • Fennekin (Fire)

58 63.04%
  • Froakie (Water)

18 19.57%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The 6th gen Starters

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sccrfreek View Post
    As long as the Fennekin doesnt turn into a fire/fighting type I think I would choose it. :P I have chosen a fire type with gen 1-4 but finally broke the mold with Oshawott in Gen 5. I think it would be interesting to see a fire/steel type combination. I cant think of a pokemon with that combination offhand. Maybe I'm missing something though haha.
    Heatran? But thats the only one i can think of.
    Another one would be cool, maybe a pokemon that came to life from the embers of a furnace but battle wise it would have a 4X weakness to ground. Thats pretty hard to combat with nearly every team having at least one pokemon with earthquake.
    "over the laws of light, over the moon by midnight"

xLoverBoyx Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Im getting Chespin for sure. No matter what others say! Just look at it. Isn't it awesome? Im definitely choosing Chespin, I love it the same way you guys love Fennekin and/or Froakie... but meh, in the end its my choice

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by feazko View Post
    Another one would be cool, maybe a pokemon that came to life from the embers of a furnace but battle wise it would have a 4X weakness to ground. Thats pretty hard to combat with nearly every team having at least one pokemon with earthquake.
    Yep... i knew i was missing one haha. Thats a good point about the weakness, although I feel like in previous generations they have been pretty good about introducing/fixing strategies.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Fennekin for sure. I've been a Fire-starter trainer since Charmander!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by feazko View Post
    And one more idea along that line haha... possibly if they made a quicker fire/steel type along with an interesting moveset via leveling up, breeding, or even chain-breeding it might have a little more success in battles.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    And one more idea along that line haha... possibly if they made a quicker fire/steel type along with an interesting moveset via leveling up, breeding, or even chain-breeding it might have a little more success in battles.
    True and in game that might be ok but for random matchup etc it would need to be able to hit hard and fast. And i guess you could get past the ground weakness with Magnet Rise or Air Balloon it could be pretty good with a huge no of resistances.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    my average starter that I choose is a water type starter but in gen 3 and 4 my starter is grass and from the looks of it I will be going with a grass starter to even the score or for the first time ever for me i'll choose a fire starter and BTW a fire/steel type has three type weaknesses water, fighting and ground and since the most type weaknesses a pokemon has had is seven thats almost halve the max weakness a pokemon can have so a fire/steel pokemon aint that awesome
    P.S. can you figure out which pokemon have seven weaknesses heres a clue ones a legendary
    Team Popplio ��
    it's cute OK stop being mean

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 14 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by CammyCoolPants View Post
    my average starter that I choose is a water type starter but in gen 3 and 4 my starter is grass and from the looks of it I will be going with a grass starter to even the score or for the first time ever for me i'll choose a fire starter and BTW a fire/steel type has three type weaknesses water, fighting and ground and since the most type weaknesses a pokemon has had is seven thats almost halve the max weakness a pokemon can have so a fire/steel pokemon aint that awesome
    P.S. can you figure out which pokemon have seven weaknesses heres a clue ones a legendary
    Its any Grass/Ice type, Psychic/ Grass, type and Psychic/Rock Type Celebi is Grass/Psychic
    Sniv~William

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniv View Post
    Its any Grass/Ice type, Psychic/ Grass, type and Psychic/Rock Type Celebi is Grass/Psychic
    well done you get a cookie (if have a bag of cookies eat one now if not you don't get a cookie)
    Team Popplio ��

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Same hear fennekin

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Those three weaknesses are offset by the large number of resistances provided by the steel type though. I think that was feazko's original point.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Those three weaknesses are offset by the large number of resistances provided by the steel type though. I think that was feazko's original point.
    fair enough what I want are some more better poison pokemon and a poison legend
    Team Popplio ��

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    fair enough what I want are some more better poison pokemon and a poison legend
    I feel like the poison type is severely misrepresented. not nearly enough use i feel like... if a starter would develop that type i hope it would be froakie... that seems plausible.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It was thanks for clearing it up!!

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I always had been a water type user. But froakie looks lame, gotta go with chespin.
    Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code = 2194 7159 2540