Thread: PokeCheck and PokeGTS.us

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

PokeCheck and PokeGTS.us

I took a look at websites called pokecheck and pokegts.us. I downloaded a couple of pokemon on my white and started to having some worries about their legality. Can anyone explain the legality in terms of....

- Uploading to Dreamworld
    - Trading on GTS (regular)
    - Battling on tournaments and random match up
    - Just to record pokemon in pokedex
    - Battling on and other regular DS
    If not legal, what are the consequences and how can it be detected by the Pokemon Company (or whoever is in charge)

I anyone can explain or help, that would be great!!
    Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code = 2194 7159 2540

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    If you download a Pokemon from Pokecheck, it is not legit (even if the legitimacy test clears and says it is). Why?

First off, you're using an outside device to give you a Pokemon that is not owned by Nintendo.
    Second, when you get the Pokemon, Pokecheck attaches a premier ribbon before you get it (so you can't trade it in the GTS as legit). This means that Pokecheck went into the file and added something to it. Pokemon can know this because if you have a shiny Bulbasaur with a premier ribbon, that's a red flag because its never actually been released by Nintendo.

Does that make sense?

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Ok i just wanted somebody to confirm that. How battling over the net? Just to record pokemon in pokedex or battling on and other regular DS ?

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 39 | Offers: 108 | Wishlist Items: 9 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    you can battle against others but im not sure about random match up

also yes it will fill the pokedex page for that pokemon
    please ckeck out my group " weather battlers"
    you dont need a weather team to battle
    the first discussion will explain everything

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm one of the master PokeGen users on this site, so I can help you out.

May compromise your DW account.
    Can't trade due to Premier Ribbon.
    Using it in tournaments and RM will not work.
    It'll work on the PokeDex.
    It'll work fine against others. Though they may be unhappy you've cheated to win.
    I'm not sure about legal terminology... But if present at any Nintendo events, you may be banned/disqualified.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    I'm one of the master PokeGen users on this site, so I can help you out.

May compromise your DW account.
    Can't trade due to Premier Ribbon.
    Using it in tournaments and RM will not work.
    It'll work on the PokeDex.
    It'll work fine against others. Though they may be unhappy you've cheated to win.
    I'm not sure about legal terminology... But if present at any Nintendo events, you may be banned/disqualified.
    Ah thanks, just the answer I was looking for. If a pokemon isnt holding a premier ribbon, chances are it wont be able to battle/trade then? On pokecheck, it has this legality check thing.....

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    What Venom said is not totally true.
    Nintendo has a legality analysis, and if the Pokemon seems legit it will be usable in tournaments. The same applies with the Dream World. And yes, you can trade them. If you Pokegen them yourself, you can trade them without the Premier ribbon. Random Match-up won't be affected at all though; people use hacks on random match-up all the time (I know this from facing an Entei with Surf and many other Pokemon that simply aren't possible). It Solely depends on legality though; it must be of a legit Name, ID, and SID (which can't be seen in-game, but is detectable). If all 3 don't match, the game knows it's a hack based on previous records with the ID and SID, so it may be a problem if they don't match. Pokecheck users almost always use Pokecheck to see their SID and create a "legit" Pokemon, which is why you can download the Pokemon from Pokecheck. It is not legal (in the Pokemon world, anyway) if you hack any Pokemon, Attack, Ability, or Shininess. You can be banned permanently from Nintendo Wi-Fi if you are caught

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Using pokecheck and pokegts to get pokemon is hacking. but i use pokecheck to check the legit analysis of pokemon i get in gts trades and i am surprised that about 95% of the shiny pokemon you will get from the gts are hacked
    ~Linux Mint~

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by 124mew View Post
    Using pokecheck and pokegts to get pokemon is hacking. but i use pokecheck to check the legit analysis of pokemon i get in gts trades and i am surprised that about 95% of the shiny pokemon you will get from the gts are hacked
    They want legit Pokemon in exchange for their hacks. Happens a lot... Just using a website will cut down on that possibility.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 635 | Offers: 324 | Wishlist Items: 95 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This got me very curious.. 0:

Most and every Event Pokemons, they're not tradable on GTS, correct? As long as they have a Ribbon of some sort (ex. Classic Ribbon)

I know there are some Event Pokemons that can be traded though (Magmortar; Spring 2014 & ID:04014) But like Mew, Darkrai, and other legends.. They can't be traded since they're Special Pokemons.

Would it be possible for Rayquaza? Of course they have to be Japanese since there are ONLY 2 Japanese Event Rayquaza's. One is Shiny known as Nobunaga's Rayquaza and the other one is non-Shiny Rayquaza from Pokémon Popularity Poll Winner.

I recently got an Event Rayquaza (Popularity Poll Winner) The info such as Name, OT, ID, Move Set, Cherish Ball, and Classic Ribbon.. All there and I checked Serebii.net to compare it to the one I got from GTS. It's not possible, huh? (I already have one, but this one I got from GTS has 5IV so I find it kind of hard to believe) But if it is legit, how is it possible it got through GTS? I'm just curious and of course, we don't want hacks but its kinda hard to avoid anyways since people lie and such for legit ones...

Usually Cherish Balls and Ribbons are the reasons why it won't be allowed to be traded over GTS, but then again.. Wishmaker Jirachi isn't in a Pokeball, so I guess old events or some sort, counts too! 0:

Any thoughts on my case? xD Either way (I just want to know) I'm keeping this Event Rayquaza in the end n-n since he is my favorite in Hoenn and that I do love dragons.