Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Battler Championship (UBC)

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

The Ultimate Battler Championship (UBC)

Welcome trainers, one and all to the UBC! Here you will partake in battles against other "Ultimate Battlers" and see once and for all if YOU are the Ultimate Battler of Pokebay! Think you got what it takes??

RULES:
    • No Banned Pokemon (Consult List at Bottom of Post)
    • No Duplicate Items
    • Battle Style is Random and Pre-Determined
    • A Battle Video MUST Be Saved
    • No Arguments
    • No Rage-Quitting
    • No Hacked, Pokegenned, or Illegitimate Pokemon.
    • Violators Will be Disqualified, or Penalized in the Final Standings, Depending on the Rule Broken.
    • Battles Will be Flat Battles
    • The team you use in Preliminaries must remain the same throughout the tournament

The Competition will have 2 branches: The Mono-Type Division and The All-Around Division. The Mono-Type Division is for trainers that specialize with a specific type of Pokemon, for example, an all Water-Type Team. Gym Leaders and Elite 4 Members are automatically eligible for this Division; all others must qualify to be in this division. The All-Around Division is for trainers with no particular specialty. Any trainer who has attained status as Champion here is automatically eligible to compete here; all others must qualify. Preliminaries will be held to determine qualification from January 26, 2013, to January 27, 2013. That is 2 Saturdays from today. There will be a limited number of spots, so apply as soon as possible to ensure your preliminary match. Lastly, if you cannot be online for preliminaries from 1/26-1/27 for any reason, please contact me so we can arrange for your qualification to be another day. Any further questions, please post here so everyone can see the answer, just in case they had the same question.

A third division will be provide; if we have enough requests for positions, there will also be The Double-Team Division, in which teams of 2 trainers face-off to see who forms the ultimate tag-team.

Mono-Type Division Preliminary Trainers:
    • Ash ketchum1 (Automatic Qualification)
    • Venom (Automatic Qualification)

All-Around Division Preliminary Trainers:
    • papayaperson
    • Natural Harmonia
    • Venom
    • Pokegod
    • matthewbny

Lastly, there will be prizes! That's right, prizes! All finalists will receive a special Shiny Pokemon that I myself bred and trained up to Level 100! All of the possible prizes are Pokemon that I have formerly used on my team so you will actually be getting a good Pokemon, not just a Pokemon I quickly found and rare candied for a prize. You will get a choice of my various shiny Pokemon once you make it into the final 4. If the battle video was not saved, then you will not qualify for one, even if both battlers agree on the outcome. Second Place receives a similar prize, with a Light Ball attached, giving you the ability to breed your very own Volt Tackle Pichu! First place, of course, will receive a shiny Volt Tackle Pichu and another Shiny of their choice!

BANNED POKEMON
    • Mewtwo
    • Mew
    • Celebi
    • Lugia
    • Ho-oh
    • Kyogre
    • Groudon
    • Rayquaza
    • Regigigas
    • Azelf
    • Mespirit
    • Uxie
    • Palkia
    • Dialga
    • Giratina
    • Manaphy
    • Arceus
    • Darkrai
    • Shaymin
    • Reshiram
    • Zekrom
    • Kyurem
    • Keldeo
    • Meloetta
    • Genesect
    • Victini
    • Pokemon Holding Soul Dew
    Last edited by TheManyFacesOfGlalie; 01-26-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Prizes!

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 39 | Offers: 108 | Wishlist Items: 9 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i will join the monotype division then
    please ckeck out my group " weather battlers"
    you dont need a weather team to battle
    the first discussion will explain everything

xDARTHBLADEITOx Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Noooooooooo! I can't use my lbl 100 mewtwo?!? Wwwaaaaaahhhhh!!! Bbbooooooohhhooooooo!!!

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I dont understand whysome legends are banned but others like Kyurem, Meloetta, Genesect, and many others, are allowed :/

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 95 | Offers: 431 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 49 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I want to participate in all-around division
    "You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! ! If anyone can, it's you."

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryeffinOak View Post
    I dont understand whysome legends are banned but others like Kyurem, Meloetta, Genesect, and many others, are allowed :/
    Sorry I forgot some of the Gen 5 Ubers! I added them to the list now.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Mi amigo... I shall join the All-Around Division!

Not really here anymore. But I do stop by from time to time, to see if this place is still alive!

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 39 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well All-round Division for me. I am the best...... I am the ultimate battler of pokebay so actually there is no need for me to participate but meh XD
    1947 wins 11 losses--- Last competition entered : Belfast finished 1st place
    What separates me from the general public is that they want to be the best, like no one ever was. I am the best like no one ever was.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hmmm...I'll join monotype. I'm a Fighting Gym Leader, but I'm going to mix things up
    FC for Pokemon Black: 3525 2177 7073 (Matt)
    Fighting-Type Gym Leader
    ...What happens when you get scared half to death - twice?

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Am I permitted to join the Monotype as well as the main event? Seeing as I'm an E4.

Not really here anymore. But I do stop by from time to time, to see if this place is still alive!

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Am I permitted to join the Monotype as well as the main event? Seeing as I'm an E4.
    Yep you can join both!

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Yep you can join both!
    BTW: Ash is should also have automatic qualification. He too is an Elite 4 member as well as myself.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Last thing. Is that 27th of January where you are in the USA?

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yep! I'm gonna need to change that... I'll make it the 1/26-1/27, so Saturday can also have prelim matches. You're in New Zealand, right? So that would mean you lose a day?

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Yep! I'm gonna need to change that... I'll make it the 1/26-1/27, so Saturday can also have prelim matches. You're in New Zealand, right? So that would mean you lose a day?
    I'm not sure... It's the 21st here at the moment...