Thread: Rate my team please

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 14 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Rate my team please

So I assembled a team and I'd like to get people's opinion on it

Infernape
    Acrobatics
    Flame wheel
    Close combat
    Mach punch

Gengar
    Sludge bomb
    Shadow ball
    Thunderbolt
    Energy ball

Milotic
    Still working on moves

Garchomp
    Duel chop
    Substitute
    Sandstorm
    Outrage

Alakazam
    Still working on moves

Mamoswine
    Still working on moves

Advice on moves or changes to team mates are welcome

Thanks!

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1203 | Offers: 242 | Wishlist Items: 196 | Wishlist Offers: 32 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    So far so good but I would give the Infernape Thubderpunch to take care of the flying weakness.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 14 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Good point I hadn't thought of that

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post

Infernape
    Acrobatics
    Flame wheel
    Close combat
    Mach punch

Gengar
    Sludge bomb
    Shadow ball
    Thunderbolt
    Energy ball

Milotic
    Still working on moves

Garchomp
    Duel chop
    Substitute
    Sandstorm
    Outrage

Alakazam
    Still working on moves

Mamoswine
    Still working on moves

Thanks!
    I usually don't like adding the Punch moves to Infernape unless it's ability is the hidden ability Iron Fist.
    Infernape needs Flare Blitz rather than Flame Wheel.

Gengar is fine.

Garchomp needs some serious work. Duel Chop does so little damage it isn't funny, Substitute on a Garchomp is fairly pointless, Sandstorm isn't something you really need because even if it has Sand Veil, a Tyranitar will have a Sandstorm appear automatically and therefore the evasion goes up, so that's a waste of a move. Outrage is perfectly fine.

Garchomp should have instead: Fire Blast, Earthquake, Outrage and something else of your choice.
    EV train it in Attack and Speed, because this thing can become a very deadly speed sweeper.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 14 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I had flare blitz but I didn't like the stat decrease

But the garchomp help is a good idea

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 95 | Offers: 431 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 49 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post

Infernape
    Acrobatics
    Flame wheel
    Close combat
    Mach punch

Gengar
    Sludge bomb
    Shadow ball
    Thunderbolt
    Energy ball

Milotic
    Still working on moves

Garchomp
    Duel chop
    Substitute
    Sandstorm
    Outrage

Alakazam
    Still working on moves

Mamoswine
    Still working on moves

Thanks!
    Well like TLR said Flare blitz is better for infernape Try U-Turn or thunderpunch and forgot acrobatics with Jolly nature and Choice band

Gengar is good

Milotic Change him with a another pokemon like Politoed like this gengar could use thunder or Gyarados

Garchomp Earthquake Is always good with him sword dance too and forgot about duel chop and sandstorm try rought skin

Alakazam try gothitelle with shadow tag

Mamoswine Thick fat is good with Ice shard stealth rock earthquake
    "You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! ! If anyone can, it's you."

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This would be easier if you had EVs and Nature posted as well...

I agree about Flare Blitz, as it is extremely powerful. But if the recoil is that big of a deal for you, then at least replace Flame Wheel with Fire Punch; it's still a big difference. You don't Acrobatics! Fire-Type moves kill Grass-Types and Bug-Types, so don't take up a move slot for an attack that repeats that many advantages just for one extra, which you don't need since most fighting-types won't hurt you much anyways. Teach it Solarbeam; it sounds stupid, but it eliminates Water-Types, Ground-Types, and Rock-Types, which are all threats to you. And I'd say you don't need a priority move. Even if a Pokemon is faster than you, most of the faster Pokemon out there don't pose a huge threat to you. Give it Stone Edge or Rock Slide; This takes out Flying-Types.

For Gengar, I'm hoping it's Timid Nature? Right? Anyways, it needs Focus Blast. With the moves it has now, it can't touch a Dark-Type, which is a huge threat to it. For this I'd eliminate Thunderbolt... Just because of your team's contents.

Garchomp is just.... no. Don't teach it Sandstorm. It's a rule that Sandstorm should only be taught if it directly affects the Pokemon; This would only apply to a Tank/Wall (which Garchomp is not). You could teach it double team and abuse the ability Sand Veil, but Garchomp makes a bad annoyer and this breaks the evasion clause if you ever intend to use it in a metagame. Outrage is just... no comment. It can sweep a team if the team is composed entirely out of sweepers, but you will almost never get that lucky. Especially with Pokemon like Metagross out there waiting to make you angry, Outrage is a bad choice. Teach it Dragon Rush; extremely powerful with no fatigue afterwards. Earthquake for another STAB attack. Iron Tail will take out Ice-Types that would otherwise destroy you, and the last one can be Crunch to take out Psychics and Ghosts.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 14 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Wow guys this helped big time thanks everyone!

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ok... my help is have moves that is the weakness of your weakness like what Jeremy said like thunder punch wipes out water and flying and acrobatics good choice takes down fighting types... make infernape have a white herb in battle so you can use flare blitz or over heat... Gengar is ok. If you insist on Milotic use dive so you can dodge any strong pokemon and increse its speed so it does not get hit if its ok i would change it to cobalion because it has good speed and attack give it a white herb have it know close combat, sacred sword, Iron head, And X-Scissor. thats mine Mamoswine Should know earthquake, Bulldoze, and other moves you like Alakazam teach it double team then telekinesses then a stat move (ie: poision sleep burn paralized) then other moves you like garchomp needs some work there let it have outrage (have it hold a persim berry) Dig (for last resort) and other moves you like