Thread: TLR's Pokemon Trainer's School:

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

TLR's Pokemon Trainer's School:

Are you tired of losing battles? Sick of feeling humiliated by being beaten all the time? Then look no further!

I, TLR can teach you how to excel at battles, so that you too can achieve results!
    If you wanna learn just sign your name below!

I've tought famous names such as: N and Reshiram, and GranTurismo how to both go achieve greater things than before!
    So if you wanna achieve more... Simply state your interest, and let the teaching begin!

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hey bro I need this desperately XD so I terran sanders known by the name tyrantking6 sign up for help :P

My bug type gym is in the works It wont be open for a little while until I have my team readied up but when it is feel free to challenge me

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yeah im interested. Im a decent trainer myself, but I always seem to half win/lose in random battles.
    Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code = 2194 7159 2540

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 39 | Offers: 108 | Wishlist Items: 9 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i will
    always good to see wat u can learn
    please ckeck out my group " weather battlers"
    you dont need a weather team to battle
    the first discussion will explain everything

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Did TLR forget us? lol

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    No I was waiting until I gained more attention... But obviously I'll have to start off small...
    So what do you guys want to learn?

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Renegade View Post
    No I was waiting until I gained more attention... But obviously I'll have to start off small...
    So what do you guys want to learn?
    I hear things about EV or IV stuff about training pokemons strong. Whats that?

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 39 | Offers: 108 | Wishlist Items: 9 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    or battle strategies maybe
    please ckeck out my group " weather battlers"
    you dont need a weather team to battle
    the first discussion will explain everything

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Interesting. I'll join because I need help with breeding for egg moves and Ivs and Evs.
    Winning means fame and fortune. Losing means certain death.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    OK... EVs/IVs I can't teach due to having 0 knowledge on it... Anything else?

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1203 | Offers: 242 | Wishlist Items: 196 | Wishlist Offers: 32 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have no knowledge on EVs but IVs are randomly generated based on catching a pokemon or hatching it from an egg. I hope this helped.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    IVs are randomly selected numbers between 0 and 31 assigned to the six stats of each pokemon. At level 100 a pokemon will have 31 more points in a stat with an IV of 31 than the same pokemon with that stat with an IV of 0. People breed pokemon to get IV yieldsbas close to 31s on every stat. Unfortuantly IVs are a hidden number. The way to find them though is through an IV calculator. To use it you take an UNTOUCHED pokemon and the easiest way is to go into a wifi battle with someone who will help and put the battle on a flat 100. When at level 100 write down the stats of each pokemon. Put the stats in the calculator and it will give out the IVs. If need help with IV breeding Ill help with teaching that but that is its own long expkanation. If anybody needs a battle to determine IVs I will help there too.
    Hermits united. We meet up every ten years; swap stories about caves. It's good fun. For a hermit.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 4 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Okay here's another question. What are attack, defense, special attack, and special defense? (Description of it would help). What do they relate with the pokemons moves and such?

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by musicdude1815 View Post
    IVs are randomly selected numbers between 0 and 31 assigned to the six stats of each pokemon. At level 100 a pokemon will have 31 more points in a stat with an IV of 31 than the same pokemon with that stat with an IV of 0. People breed pokemon to get IV yieldsbas close to 31s on every stat. Unfortuantly IVs are a hidden number. The way to find them though is through an IV calculator. To use it you take an UNTOUCHED pokemon and the easiest way is to go into a wifi battle with someone who will help and put the battle on a flat 100. When at level 100 write down the stats of each pokemon. Put the stats in the calculator and it will give out the IVs. If need help with IV breeding Ill help with teaching that but that is its own long expkanation. If anybody needs a battle to determine IVs I will help there too.
    Much easier way to do this. Breed a few with the characteristic that pertains to a high IV of 31 (Often Dozes Off - HP, Likes to Thrash About - Attack, Capable of Taking Hit - Defense, Mischievous - Special Attack, Somewhat Vain - Special Defense, Alert to Sound - Speed) If you don't have one of these, any similar means it is in the same stat, it may just have a lower IV than 31 (Which is very likely). For a Max IV, you need to get a few of the Same Pokemon with this characteristic from an egg (7/31 Chance) and take them into any flat battle (untrained) and check each stat. These characteristics don't always mean a high IV though; it could be 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, or 31. The one with the higher stat obviously has the higher IV.

Albeit you can't "Control" them, you can pass them down by breeding. How? Simple! When breeding, simply give it a power item corresponding to the IV you want it to inherit! *Yay*
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawkman View Post
    Okay here's another question. What are attack, defense, special attack, and special defense? (Description of it would help). What do they relate with the pokemons moves and such?
    The formula for base damage (excludes weather, critical hit etc.) is:
    ((((2*L)/5+2)B*A)/D)/50+2. That is alot but in the formula A is attack if using a physical attack or special attack if using a special attack. D is defence if hit with an attack or special defence if hit with a special. What this formula says is the higher the attack the more damage a physical attack will do (Special aytacks with a higher special attack). A pokemon with high defence will recieve less damage from a physical attack (less special damage if high special defence). Garchomp usually have physical attacks because it has a very high attack. Blissey is used to defend against special attacks because of its high special defence. so pretty much the stats of the pokemon greatly determine what a pokemon is strong and weak at doing.

And for the people who like the formula, L is level of pokemon and B is the base damage of the move. After the equation comes super effectiveness, wether boosts, critical hits multiplier if attacking two or three pokemon at a time.
    Last edited by musicdude1815; 02-09-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Hermits united. We meet up every ten years; swap stories about caves. It's good fun. For a hermit.