Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Criticizing 6th Generation

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Post Criticizing 6th Generation

I know I'm going to drown in hate replies, but oh well. Here, I've thought about some reasons why I dislike Pokemon X version and Y version, (the name speaks for itself) explaining them as well. Let's carry on, shall we?
    As you all know, the games will be released for the Nintendo 3DS, which is actually an achievement for Game Freak. The 3DS's game library has little, to no good titles, with the exception of Fire Emblem Awakening, MGS3: Snake Eater, and others. So this is a positive view on the games, but is it really worth to see them in actual 3D? I'll get there in a moment. Um, well that question depends on the game's quality, which is not very good in this case. The outlining in the game is bad, as always, but that's understandable, since this would be the first time they work with a 3D engine, rather than a 2D, 3D wannabe. Now, as for the battles, and Pokemon, it looks good so far, the animations aren't bad. Obviously, I dislike all the new Pokemon there are, which is why I'm hoping that there's a, transfer option, early in the game... NEXT!
    The thing that catches my eye a lot, in a negative way, is the character models. They look so... So... Terrible! I mean, why?! I know the game is supposed to be aimed at an audience of ages 9-14, but still, ew. If we go back to Black 2 and White 2, we'd see that it wasn't as, kid friendly, as the first generation games. The story line and the characters looked a bit more, mature. So I'm guessing they just dumbed it down for X and Y. Also, they look more simple, and badly outlined. But that's just me.
    I know you all love Fennekin, but just watch it evolve into something ugly. Anyways, to summarize it all up, I don't like it. Sure, it's something new, and that's all I ever wanted, but not like this. Maybe we would've been better off with a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remake. Meh, you decide, I'm only getting either X or Y because my girlfriend is getting it, so yeah. You can expect me to release any 6th Gen Pokemon I get. Let the hate begin!
    "And the ripped ones say goodbye. While the others meet
    Attached somewhere. At least they're shared"

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The game isn't even out yet my gosh... .___. How can you even... And in the end you're STILL gonna buy it... Comments like these. smh... Wow. Enough said.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hehe, well, while you're sitting there shaking your head, I'm here laughing. I know it's not out yet, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize it. Besides, I'm only getting it for my girlfriend, I never said I would enjoy it. I said I would get hated on so meh.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 24 | Offers: 69 | Wishlist Items: 20 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I hate the water starter. There I said it.
    Darkness And Light Collide!
    -Voltaradragoness!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadowdragoness View Post
    I hate the water starter. There I said it.
    Almost everyone does. XD. But it probably evolves into something better-looking. ;D

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Snake View Post
    I know I'm going to drown in hate replies, but oh well. Here, I've thought about some reasons why I dislike Pokemon X version and Y version, (the name speaks for itself) explaining them as well. Let's carry on, shall we?
    As you all know, the games will be released for the Nintendo 3DS, which is actually an achievement for Game Freak. The 3DS's game library has little, to no good titles, with the exception of Fire Emblem Awakening, MGS3: Snake Eater, and others. So this is a positive view on the games, but is it really worth to see them in actual 3D? I'll get there in a moment. Um, well that question depends on the game's quality, which is not very good in this case. The outlining in the game is bad, as always, but that's understandable, since this would be the first time they work with a 3D engine, rather than a 2D, 3D wannabe. Now, as for the battles, and Pokemon, it looks good so far, the animations aren't bad. Obviously, I dislike all the new Pokemon there are, which is why I'm hoping that there's a, transfer option, early in the game... NEXT!
    The thing that catches my eye a lot, in a negative way, is the character models. They look so... So... Terrible! I mean, why?! I know the game is supposed to be aimed at an audience of ages 9-14, but still, ew. If we go back to Black 2 and White 2, we'd see that it wasn't as, kid friendly, as the first generation games. The story line and the characters looked a bit more, mature. So I'm guessing they just dumbed it down for X and Y. Also, they look more simple, and badly outlined. But that's just me.
    I know you all love Fennekin, but just watch it evolve into something ugly. Anyways, to summarize it all up, I don't like it. Sure, it's something new, and that's all I ever wanted, but not like this. Maybe we would've been better off with a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remake. Meh, you decide, I'm only getting either X or Y because my girlfriend is getting it, so yeah. You can expect me to release any 6th Gen Pokemon I get. Let the hate begin!
    Alright, it seems like most of your complaints were towards the graphics. First of all, the way a sprite appears flat is much different than the way it will appear in 3D. You may think Yanmega looks cool now, but on 3DS you may realize it's not as appealing as you thought. They can't create textures on a 3D model so it will look very different. And the game footage there isn't final; Nintendo claims that they are still in the Beta-Testing stage, which always happens before they improve graphics and quality. It clearly passed the Beta Test and is moving into redesign of overworld, but it's not done. Don't judge it yet until they say the footage is final. And the character models are not awkwardly bigger than normal; they have always been that height. It looks different because now you have a more acute camera angle, allowing you to see the player's true stature. Remember that old games are looking at the player from almost right over it's head. Now it won't be. It's also looking more like other RPGs, so maybe it'll be integrated into the world of other RPGs.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    It looks different because now you have a more acute camera angle, allowing you to see the player's true stature. Remember that old games are looking at the player from almost right over it's head.
    I wasn't referring to over-world sprites, but I see your point. Even when it comes out, I'll find something to hate on, if that's what you want to call it. Oh, and, I specified the graphics because I was lazy at the moment, and didn't feel like writing. :b

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 24 | Offers: 69 | Wishlist Items: 20 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The only thing I had to complain about was that stupid frog. :/
    Darkness And Light Collide!
    -Voltaradragoness!

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Meh... No real hate replies yet brother so don't worry about em!

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Renegadeito View Post
    Meh... No real hate replies yet brother so don't worry about em!
    I think the fact that he acknowledged that he might get hate replies kind of negates the want to post hate replies.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    I think the fact that he acknowledged that he might get hate replies kind of negates the want to post hate replies.
    My word Delta Snake I think you found the lost ark of the covenant of hate posts. The ability to have a hate thread yet no one will post angry messages back, the genius.
    Team Popplio ��
    it's cute OK stop being mean

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by CammyCoolPants View Post
    My word Delta Snake I think you found the lost ark of the covenant of hate posts. The ability to have a hate thread yet no one will post angry messages back, the genius.
    Bring on the ironic sarcasm... >.>

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

EllaJaneBinks Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Although I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate anything in Gen 6 because I think the Pokemon look good so far, I completely understand where you come from when you talk about the bad graphics and game-play and such. I just think you've made it harsher than it needs to be. I also think that they are moving a bit slow on purpose, what with only just bringing Pokemon out of their 2D-3D world. I'm still waiting for the day when Pokemon will go from strange Wii looking bobble heads to a hardcore Xbox graphic makeover with fully animated battle scenes and character customisation, although I doubt that will ever happen.. All in all though I think they've done a good job, because trying something like this must be a big step for them. They probably just wanted to keep it original, always having the same story-plotline and the same type of Pokemon.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I think that for one we ALL hate that dang frog failure I mean if you want a cool frog go catch yourself a croagunk :/. 2 chespin looks like he is gonna turn into something either really BA or really derpy at final stage and 3. the chance of a new type of pokemon excites me (speaking of xerneas possibly being a new type).

My bug type gym is in the works It wont be open for a little while until I have my team readied up but when it is feel free to challenge me

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It's all according to plan...