Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Criticizing 6th Generation

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I suppose the reason some people don't like the new cel shading look for pokemon is because its different some hardcore game fans hate it when things are altered just look at all the hate posts Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time got when they made the water temple easier so in comparison changing the games graphics is like painting a smiley face over the Mona Lisa at least thats how I see it
    Team Popplio ��
    it's cute OK stop being mean

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by CammyCoolPants View Post
    I suppose the reason some people don't like the new cel shading look for pokemon is because its different some hardcore game fans hate it when things are altered just look at all the hate posts Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time got when they made the water temple easier so in comparison changing the games graphics is like painting a smiley face over the Mona Lisa at least thats how I see it
    Oh, if I was a hardcore gamer, I'd be playing Pokemon games a LOT, more often. Anyways, I just don't like the character models. Some people are too used to, seeing bits and blocks, instead of 3-dimensional figures.
    "And the ripped ones say goodbye. While the others meet
    Attached somewhere. At least they're shared"

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 92 | Offers: 35 | Wishlist Items: 44 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Why criticize it before hand?
    Just play it before any assumptions can be made. ╮(─▽─)╭

I can admire that the Pokemon people are making a genuine effort to step up their game play and stay running with the big name games that are out for the 3DS, even though what I'm hearing is making it sound like its going down the toilet just like Sonic the Hedgehog did with its newer releases.

I'll admit- I love how Pokemon used to be, especially with Crystal Version and down. That's just me.
    Pokemon has been here for a very long time and has never been very original to begin with anyway, so another punch in the gut shouldn't phase us. (●´∀`●)
    But at least wait play it before you decide that it is the equivalent of poo.

Given that they're spoon feeding us the same old plots for years and years and years.. I can see that you all wouldn't speculate happily about these sort of things.
    They do however try, and while not all the elements in X and Y appear to be pleasing so far, you never know, it could turn out to be more advanced than Black and White were, with more trading/battling options.
    That's honestly what I find to be the most indulgent feature these games have anyway, rather than the same old story line.
    You're the chosen one, stop team Derp, blah blah....
    Last edited by carcinoGeneticist; 04-24-2013 at 07:17 PM.

CG: HEY FORGET THE BAN BUTTON, USE YOUR MIND POWERS TO HELP ME LOCATE THE "DESPERATELY ATTEMPT TO GIVE A CRAP" BUTTON. WHOOPS WE BOTH FAILED, IT DOESN’T EXIST.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hm well...

First of all, of course it's on the 3DS. We've almost finished the phasing portion of DS-3DS. Just because it carries the DS title doesn't mean its the same hardware, its similar to the GBC-GBA switch. its new hardware, I don't see why it's a surprise or even a discussion topic.

secondly, In my opinion, the 5th gen games were one of the ugliest. Now, if we take the 2D sprites by themselves, they were gorgeous, and if we take the 3D modeling by itself, it was very well done considering the graphical limitations of the DS. However, the melding of the two just didn't work, and while they did the very best they could with it, it just wasn't meant to be. Especially when trying to show off the scenery, like on the skyarrow bridge, and any people became distorted ugly black dots on the screen. The majority of the fan base has been wanting more landscape and immersion, and a break from the same old same old pixel style of the gameboy, hence the constant crying out for another pokemon Colosseum, not a battle revolution with only battling, but full character models and landscapes, which is exactly what pokemon is giving us, except this time in a main title. (also a common request I see)

The style of the modeling isn't at all poorly done either. They did a wonderful job melding the old style with the 3D models. I'm glad it doesn't look like mario 3D land or Animal crossing, mainly because then it wouldn't be a pokemon game. For instance if we look back on the oh-so-highly-regarded 1st gen games, everyone is highly stylized. in fact, they make a point of it in the opening sequence of the game, don't tell me its been so long that you've forgotten the ever so iconic shrinking of your character? The sprite themselves had always had dark outlines, so it makes sense that so do the new 3D models. They've kept the SD style, they've kept the pokemon fashion, and they've kept the feel without keeping the pixels, I really don't see much of whats wrong with it.

The new pokemon are just new pokemon, same as they've always been, same as they always will be. I know they didn't put in a new charizard for you, I'm honestly sorry they don't repeat themselves for you. Ken sugimori is still heading the design department, designs many of the pokemon himself, and his word is final on all pokemon designs. It's the same guy that designed your beloved doduos and clefairys and zubats and rattatas. The mewtwo form doesn't make much sense, granted, but then again mewtwo didn't make much sense to begin with (I mean, his number is #150 but mew, the pokemon whom he was derived from is #151??) The new form actually looks closer to a Mew clone than mewtwo ever did, which i find ironically funny. And on top of that, they are continuing to seclude any new forms to legendary pokemon only so far, all of which I don't use anyways so I guess it makes sense that it doesn't bother me very much.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. So far, I don't see any major issues with the game, the only thing I'm holding my breath on is that new Eeveelution. I'm wondering, if they do introduce a new type, how will they balance it with the rest? our 17 types have been around for so long, and while red and blue were terribly unbalanced, Gold and silver brought it up to quo by adding another weakness to psychic. Right now I feel all the types are well balanced and there isn't one type that stands out as significantly better or worse than the rest. But, we still don't know if there is a new type, what it is or how it interacts with the rest, so I'll leave it to professional game designers to figure out. Game Freak hasn't broken my heart yet and I'm not anticipating they will.

But yeah. Your opinion is yours and mine is mine, i just felt like adding my 2 cents to the discussion

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 9 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I couldn't agree more. Seriously, some people are annoyed that pokemon doesn't have the graphics it should have and on the other hand other people want to keep sprites. I mean you can't stick with the same engine that long (okay, the DS games were all kinda similar when you look at the graphics). Of course pokemon has to move on and use the potential of the 3DS. Just look at games like RE revelations and you know what it can do, and that's a 3d style game. So cel shading on the 3DS should be no problem for the developers. I'm glad they are at least trying to improve the graphics, although they could have done more. The game isn't out yet so maybe that'll change, but I'm already fine with a pokemon game that has a style like X and Y do
    I honestly don't care much about the "lack of creativity" like some call it. It's not really a surprise that you like some pokemon and you hate others. The design has always been on a high quality level (with some exceptions). The new mewtwo form just means more options in battle for me
    The feeling pokemon has will still exist in X and Y, I'm pretty sure about it. Oh and I'm curious what pokemon that didn't made it into 5th gen will appear in 6th gen although we'll never know which pokemon exactly was scratched

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm all average on the whole thing but something I REALLY don't like is the new form of mewtwo! I mean seriously it looks like a creature off of "Alien".
    Last edited by Zrkome; 05-05-2013 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Misspell
    I hate it when my opponent gets drunk and uses earthquake on pidgeot....and I also hate it when I can't find a jet in Battlefield 3.....

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Ha ha, so many people writing long, somewhat meaningful posts about their opinions. I've never been one for diplomacy, let alone long speeches, so I'll just say a few things.
    First off, there are two reasons why I don't want new Pokemon, not now, not tomorrow, ever: I'm a lazy oaf..., and because some look meh. Second, I don't recall saying that the 3D movement was a failure, I mean, my favorite game, (Should I say, my place of origin), Fire Emblem: Awakening, has its' own graphical faults. For one, all characters all have flat feet! Or none at all! It's so difficult having to walk in this Lord uniform...
    "First of all, of course it's on the 3DS. We've almost finished the phasing portion of DS-3DS. Just because it carries the DS title doesn't mean its the same hardware, its similar to the GBC-GBA switch." Someone mentioned this earlier, and I'm wondering, how's this relevant to anything I've said before? Or were you speaking to someone else? Meh.
    Oh, and if Sandstorm-girl-Piper has contributed two cents, then this thread must be worth quite a nest egg! I never expected this many people to post on here.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 207 | Offers: 93 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I like the water type starter. Don't care for chespin though

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Eep! *hides in a corner*

s-sorry for my long post, I tend to be kinda ranty when it comes to pokemon. I mentioned the DS-3DS thing because you talked about it briefly in your original post, "the games will be released for the Nintendo 3DS, which is actually an achievement for Game Freak. The 3DS's game library has little, to no good titles, with the exception of Fire Emblem Awakening, MGS3: Snake Eater, and others. So this is a positive view on the games, but is it really worth to see them in actual 3D?"

But really I mentioned it because I've had to sit through friends and other people complaining its on the 3DS, which to me is ridiculous. I was just saying I don't feel like it's worth being a thing to look at, cause it should be only natural, right?

And it's alright if you don't like them, thats up to you. There is something very nostalgic to me about discovering new pokemon and learning about them, just like there is something very nostalgic and special to you about the pokemon you grew up with. It's preference, and it's not a bad thing.

I'm sorry if I came off as conceited, I didn't mean to. I find discussions based off of opinions that are not mine to be very interesting, and I want to hear what other people have to say, and what they have to say about what I have to say about what they have to say xD

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm-girl-Piper View Post
    I'm sorry if I came off as conceited, I didn't mean to. I find discussions based off of opinions that are not mine to be very interesting, and I want to hear what other people have to say, and what they have to say about what I have to say about what they have to say xD
    Well, I haven't had a decent discussion in a while, and I do agree with most of the things you say. I'm glad most of the people who have posted on here, are actually being honest and, well, nice. I remember telling my friend Gaius about why I dislike the new Pokemon games xD. He chased me around the Barracks with a Steel Sword. :/ Anyways, yeah, thanks for the polite response!

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 57 | Offers: 224 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Check out the new pokemon released Saturday

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joejoe2012 View Post
    Check out the new pokemon released Saturday
    I'm gonna have to say this. I'm not that excited by the prospect of those new Pokemon that've been unveiled. The Goat seems OK, the Panda and Robin are OK, but the Lizard is freaky. I'm not that impressed yet, but Junichi Masuda can undoubtedly surprise all of us on the weekend.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    What I found with the robin is that it literally looks like....well... A robin. I mean, in past generations they would get a animal and kinda warp it's design, add more names to it or even just misspell it or spell it backwards (ekans snake backwards, Kobra cobra with a K)! But all they've done here is just go all basic and bland here, and I don't like it. The panda basically the same as the robin but what I'm hoping for them both is that their evolutions become more closer to being a Pokemon rather than a regular animal. The lizard is definitely freaky but at least it kept looking like a Pokemon.
    I hate it when my opponent gets drunk and uses earthquake on pidgeot....and I also hate it when I can't find a jet in Battlefield 3.....

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 9 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrom View Post
    I remember telling my friend Gaius about why I dislike the new Pokemon games xD. He chased me around the Barracks with a Steel Sword. :/
    Fire emblem reference?
    Btw I doubt pokemon smash will reveal new important information, it'll most likely be the same information that we already got from the CoroCoro scans (but I really hope it'll be something else).
    A new aspect of the game that is criticizable would be the character customization. Sure, it's awesome and everything but there aren't enough options imo. Hopefully they'll add more customizable stuff in the future. Like clothes, glasses and all that.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by reshilegend View Post
    Fire emblem reference?
    Btw I doubt pokemon smash will reveal new important information, it'll most likely be the same information that we already got from the CoroCoro scans (but I really hope it'll be something else).
    A new aspect of the game that is criticizable would be the character customization. Sure, it's awesome and everything but there aren't enough options imo. Hopefully they'll add more customizable stuff in the future. Like clothes, glasses and all that.
    From what I've read today, Pokemon Smash is unveiling new information about Mewtwo's new form (Hopefully to tell us how we can obtain it), and more new information on Sylveon (Hopefully it's type.)

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.