Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Criticizing 6th Generation

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Snake View Post
    Well sure! Almost everyone with a console from Nintendo, will have a Mario game, and maybe a LoZ title as well. Just like Microsoft's Xbox has Halo, and Sony's PS has God of War, inFamous, and other exclusives, Nintendo has their own exclusives, but some, like the Mario franchise, are over the top. My point with this is that, just because they're the company's pet, literally, (like Pikachu is to Pokemon) doesn't mean they're better than any other game, so I was like: "Of course he or she would mention those titles." Anyways...
    That last sentence was, complete. I just used commas to make a point. How does not mentioning these "great games", cause you such a problem? I didn't feel like stating them, so be it. This tells me that whenever someone talks about, or makes a list of good games for a Nintendo console, a Super Mario game should automatically be there? Ha, no.
    Nope. Not what i was saying. Not all Mario games are good. The new Mario Tennis game was not great. It wasn't bad but it didn't capture the magic that the original one had. It didn't necessarily cause me a problem with JUST those two games. There are more but it just seemed like you were deliberately NOT mentioning them because you wanted your case of "no good 3ds games" to stand up under criticism.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sccrfreek View Post
    NOT mentioning them because you wanted your case of "no good 3ds games" to stand up under criticism.
    Lol, what's wrong with being lazy and not wanting to type out ALL, of the good 3DS games? Besides, this thread isn't about the 3DS titles, so I only mentioned a couple just to make a quick point.
    "And the ripped ones say goodbye. While the others meet
    Attached somewhere. At least they're shared"

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Snake View Post
    Lol, what's wrong with being lazy and not wanting to type out ALL, of the good 3DS games? Besides, this thread isn't about the 3DS titles, so I only mentioned a couple just to make a quick point.
    Ok. Touche... Very true.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I understand that not everyone can be pleased with the graphic design choice GameFreak has decided to pursue. But with Gen VI, vector-style cel shading seemed like a pleasant surprise as opposed to straight polygonal modeling. The thing with cel shading is that it's a 3D model stylized to look like an illustration. Take PS3's Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for example. Simply stunning. I for one am glad that pokemon is finally evolving out of its overly pixelated graphic engine that's ridiculously out of era for a system that could handle so much more.

EllaJaneBinks Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Quote Originally Posted by blaziking View Post
    The people who get hate for being negative are those who have no real points to back up there negativity. It's mostly 'ugg gen 6 sucks, i hate all the gen 6 pokemon' You on the other hand have a reason to dislike it but id wait until the game actually comes out before judging it. B/W received so much negativity before they came out and then everyone loved them. Just give it a chance. Also there are some games that are really good for the 3ds i have Zelda and Tekken and they are awesome.
    Yeah, how can you hate all the gen 6 Pokemon when they haven't all been unveiled? I just don't understand that kind of attitude... It is like giving up before you even start, or hating someone before you even get to know them Lol I think you should maybe rethink what you said. It just seems unwarranted to me. But that's my opinion, and I'm not setting out to offend.
    Last edited by EllaJaneBinks; 03-12-2013 at 12:13 PM.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by EllaJaneBinks7 View Post
    Yeah, how can you hate all the gen 6 Pokemon when they haven't all been unveiled? I just don't understand that kind of attitude... It is like giving up before you even start, or hating someone before you even get to know them Lol I think you should maybe rethink what you said. It just seems unwarranted to me. But that's my opinion, and I'm not setting out to offend.
    I understand, but meh. That's just me. :l

EllaJaneBinks Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    I understand, but meh. That's just me. :l
    At least you're not one of those fiery forum users.. the one's who would have blown up at me for making a comment like that For that I thank you!

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 45 | Offers: 60 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Dude I respect you!!!!!! Thats all i really have to say

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by charger774 View Post
    Dude I respect you!!!!!! Thats all i really have to say
    Um, thanks. ;D

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 2 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    3rd Generation Pokes were badly designed... so long as they are better than that I'll be happy.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 15 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 6 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    why is it suddenly a bad thing that the character graphics are bad? I mean the character graphics in the current games are just a bandle of pixels with stubby legs and a way of wlaking that makes them look like they're wearing really tight trousers but noone complains baout it.
    Making my grand return!

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys4w View Post
    3rd Generation Pokes were badly designed... so long as they are better than that I'll be happy.
    You might as well just stab my eyes out. *sigh*

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffyjellyfish View Post
    why is it suddenly a bad thing that the character graphics are bad? I mean the character graphics in the current games are just a bandle of pixels with stubby legs and a way of wlaking that makes them look like they're wearing really tight trousers but noone complains baout it.
    Because they are. Besides, the game developers have gone a long way, from fatty-looking sprites, to somewhat decent body structures. It´s not sudden anyways, because no one cares.

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys4w View Post
    On that note you can stab my eyes out too, because they weren't badly designed whatsoever. None of the Gens have been 'badly designed' at all. They've just evolved from the really basic designed ones in Gen 1, which were improved in Gen 2. Gen 3 gave us more detailing about the Pokemon in terms of design, features and the colouring they used. And then Gen 4 majorly improved that. Gen 5 then gave us the same as 4 except the Pokemon could move a bit. Gen 6 Pokemon are shaping up quite well, thus far we've only had 4 Pokemon from Gen 6 which we've had gameplay footage of (Cheslpin, Fennekin, Froakie and Sylveon) and they all look fantastic. But we've also had Pokemon from previous generations shown in-game such as Cloyster, Golurk, Zangoose, Rampardos, Machamp, Kirlia, Magikarp, Genesect and of course Pikachu. All of which look amazing from the in-game footage so I think if fans want better designs, they can be guaranteed that Gen 6 is for them!

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLoneRenegade View Post
    All of which look amazing from the in-game footage so I think if fans want better designs, they can be guaranteed that Gen 6 is for them!
    Once again, TRLR, you've made another great point. I'm still being a pessimist about the new Pokemon, and the new Mewtwo one isn´t very helpful. xD