Thread: Local Tournament...thoughts on my team?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Local Tournament...thoughts on my team?

Just entered a local tournament...just curious about anyone's thoughts on the team I'm going in with (changes to be made in the future etc.) I have a few different teams I use and this is the first team I've used this combination.

Donphan - Sturdy
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Rapid Spin
    Hidden Power (Bug)

Ferrothorn - Iron Barbs
    Gyro Ball
    Toxic
    Seed Bomb
    Stealth Rock

Porygon Z - Download
    Tri-Attack
    Thunderbolt
    Hyper Beam
    Psychic

Yanmega - Speed Boost
    Bug Buzz
    Air Slash
    Protect
    U-turn

Gengar - Levitate
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Shadow Ball
    Ice Punch

Kingdra
    Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Waterfall
    Ice Beam

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Give Ferrothorn Leech Seed instead of Toxic and replace Seed Bomb with Ingrain. Maximize Special Defense and HP with EVs, and give it Iron Defense instead of Gyro Ball. Let it hold Leftovers. It is a good Special Wall, and once you use 3 Iron Defenses you will be set and ready to stall anything. Use Ingrain so they can't send you out and then Leech Seed. You'll recover a lot of health. And then when they die from your drainage (16 turns), They will hit Stealth Rocks. If you are impatient like me you should replace Stealth Rock with Toxic but it's your call.
    Take away Donphan's Hidden Power. Give it a Physical Attack instead...
    No U-Turn on Yanmega! Give it Shadow Ball and Ancient Power instead of U-Turn and Protect. You'll get good coverage like that.
    Hypnosis is inaccurate and annoying to set up every time you need a Psychic-Type Move. Give it Psychic and Thunderbolt instead, and Sludge Bomb replaces Ice Punch.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I may replace u-turn will shadow ball but I like Protect because it's an automatic speed boost. But thanks for the thoughts I really like the ideas for Ferrothorn.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Give Ferrothorn Leech Seed instead of Toxic and replace Seed Bomb with Ingrain. Maximize Special Defense and HP with EVs, and give it Iron Defense instead of Gyro Ball. Let it hold Leftovers. It is a good Special Wall, and once you use 3 Iron Defenses you will be set and ready to stall anything. Use Ingrain so they can't send you out and then Leech Seed. You'll recover a lot of health. And then when they die from your drainage (16 turns), They will hit Stealth Rocks. If you are impatient like me you should replace Stealth Rock with Toxic but it's your call.
    Take away Donphan's Hidden Power. Give it a Physical Attack instead...
    No U-Turn on Yanmega! Give it Shadow Ball and Ancient Power instead of U-Turn and Protect. You'll get good coverage like that.
    Hypnosis is inaccurate and annoying to set up every time you need a Psychic-Type Move. Give it Psychic and Thunderbolt instead, and Sludge Bomb replaces Ice Punch.
    I really like your Ferrothorn idea I have it in my grass only team and those ideas will really help better my team
    Team Popplio ��
    it's cute OK stop being mean

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by CammyCoolPants View Post
    I really like your Ferrothorn idea I have it in my grass only team and those ideas will really help better my team
    Lol I've been doing a personal "study" on how to effectively create a wall. I focus on drainers. Just be careful around common taunters (just a heads-up, Mandibuzz, Absol, and most Dark-Types) because as soon as they use taunt, you're dead.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Lol I've been doing a personal "study" on how to effectively create a wall. I focus on drainers. Just be careful around common taunters (just a heads-up, Mandibuzz, Absol, and most Dark-Types) because as soon as they use taunt, you're dead.
    ok I might think about having it know power whip so it has a direct way of attacking thanks for the heads up
    Team Popplio ��
    it's cute OK stop being mean

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 212 | Offers: 553 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 34 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    What are their natures, Evs, and Ivs? Those are major components in a competitive team.

in·fa·mous - /ˈinfəməs/
    Adjective - Well known for some bad quality or deed - Wicked; abominable

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by C4 Cynthia View Post
    What are their natures, Evs, and Ivs? Those are major components in a competitive team.
    To hunt for the IVs of 6 Pokemon is pointless and a critique can also suggest natures and EVs if they don't have the Pokemon yet
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 39 | Offers: 108 | Wishlist Items: 9 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    remove hyper beam from porygon z
    replace with recover ( if its holding life orb ) or agaility
    please ckeck out my group " weather battlers"
    you dont need a weather team to battle
    the first discussion will explain everything

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderfromdownunder View Post
    remove hyper beam from porygon z
    replace with recover ( if its holding life orb ) or agaility
    Well it is fast, so if it recovers, it will also lose HP in that same turn, making that a waste... It also doesn't have the defenses to do agility, which it doesn't need since it's already fast. I also wouldn't put Life Orb on Porygon-Z. I do agree about Hyper Beam though! It should have a different attack there. I'd do Shadow Ball
    GUESS WHO'S BACK