Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie Pokemon Vs In-game Pokemon

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Movie Pokemon Vs In-game Pokemon

Why are the ingame Pokemon so weak compared to the Anime? Mewtwo only stopped destroying because it felt bad, NOTHING could stop it. While in the games Mewtwo is awsome but it is nothing like the movies, the same goes for most of the game cover legends. Heck they make Gyrados a fricken BAWS in the anime, rampaging for months for no reason leaving whole villages destroyed in its wake
    "Being skilled isn't all that's it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream."

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Lol it's also funny how weaknesses don't apply... how Pikachu OHKO'd a Rhyhorn with Thunderbolt? Like, it has Lightningrod and is a Ground-Type anyways. It makes no sense.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Lol it's also funny how weaknesses don't apply... how Pikachu OHKO'd a Rhyhorn with Thunderbolt? Like, it has Lightningrod and is a Ground-Type anyways. It makes no sense.
    well a pikachu could still ko a ryhorn since not all have lightningrod it might take a while but it would still be possible and we are talking about ashes pikachu here :P

My bug type gym is in the works It wont be open for a little while until I have my team readied up but when it is feel free to challenge me

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantitoking6 View Post
    well a pikachu could still ko a ryhorn since not all have lightningrod it might take a while but it would still be possible and we are talking about ashes pikachu here :P
    Well no because Electric doesn't affect Ground so Thunderbolt shouldn't have done anything. But yeah I'm thinking off Ash's Pikachu beating a Rhyhorn
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1203 | Offers: 242 | Wishlist Items: 196 | Wishlist Offers: 32 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Well no because Electric doesn't affect Ground so Thunderbolt shouldn't have done anything. But yeah I'm thinking off Ash's Pikachu beating a Rhyhorn
    The only way I could see Pikachu winning is with Iron Tail but not with any electric attacks

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't think anybody would own a single legend if the game were like the anime. Raikou dies if held in captivity. The world would be destroyed if anyone captured Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos, etc... The anime is just stupid as far as the rules... Pikachu losing to Pokemon a million times weaker than the legends it has OHKO'd, shocking Ground types like Brock's Geodude and Onix (even before the sprinklers came on), Golem, etc... So yeah. *shrugs*

EllaJaneBinks Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    I still can't get over the fact that Pikachu lost to Trip's Snivy. If Trip truly did just recieve Snivy from Prof. Juniper and it was Snivy's first battle then how is it able to beat Pikachu, even if Pikachu can't use Electric Type moves?
    What about it's Quick Attack or Iron Tail? Even though they wouldn't be that effective against a grass type Pokemon, Trip's Snivy would have been at Level 5.

And how the heck did it learn Leaf Tornado at Level 5? That move is learnt at Level 16 :/ So who knows, they barely follow the rules on the anime.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by EllaJaneBinks7 View Post
    I still can't get over the fact that Pikachu lost to Trip's Snivy. If Trip truly did just recieve Snivy from Prof. Juniper and it was Snivy's first battle then how is it able to beat Pikachu, even if Pikachu can't use Electric Type moves?
    What about it's Quick Attack or Iron Tail? Even though they wouldn't be that effective against a grass type Pokemon, Trip's Snivy would have been at Level 5.

And how the heck did it learn Leaf Tornado at Level 5? That move is learnt at Level 16 :/ So who knows, they barely follow the rules on the anime.
    I know ingame they say a starter is given at level 5, but I'm unconvinced that applies to the anime. I know in one ep, they showed a hidden location where the starters for hoenn are raised until strong enough to battle and be given to trainers. In fact, all starters shown when first given out know moves outside of the five level rang. Like when May used Mudkip to help Prof. Rowan, it knew Water Gun, which is learned much higher than level 5. So who really knows what level Snivy was at. Nonetheless... Pikachu beat a Latios and OHKO'd a Regice. Totally unexcusable... It's really just a spit in the face to those who have watched the show since the beginning. :/

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 39 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Politically.
    1947 wins 11 losses--- Last competition entered : Belfast finished 1st place
    What separates me from the general public is that they want to be the best, like no one ever was. I am the best like no one ever was.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryeffinOak View Post
    I know ingame they say a starter is given at level 5, but I'm unconvinced that applies to the anime. I know in one ep, they showed a hidden location where the starters for hoenn are raised until strong enough to battle and be given to trainers. In fact, all starters shown when first given out know moves outside of the five level rang. Like when May used Mudkip to help Prof. Rowan, it knew Water Gun, which is learned much higher than level 5. So who really knows what level Snivy was at. Nonetheless... Pikachu beat a Latios and OHKO'd a Regice. Totally unexcusable... It's really just a spit in the face to those who have watched the show since the beginning. :/
    not to mention all the other legends he's gone head to head with I mean he helped ward off the deoxys clones in the destiny deoxys in the first movie he talked with a friggin zapdos like seriously that pikachu should be a legendary itself

My bug type gym is in the works It wont be open for a little while until I have my team readied up but when it is feel free to challenge me

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantitoking6 View Post
    not to mention all the other legends he's gone head to head with I mean he helped ward off the deoxys clones in the destiny deoxys in the first movie he talked with a friggin zapdos like seriously that pikachu should be a legendary itself
    It really should! Like, it out-sped a Weavile in one episode. That's like impossible even if Pikachu was scarfed.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 8 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    One thing I always wondered was what do gym leaders like Falkner do? He had has fully evolved team of pokemon to take Ash on, but does he have another weaker set to use against people who just have recieved their starter from Elm and battle with the likes of Cyndaquil and Sentrets. Does Falkner just forget the keen strategies he used against Ash on rookie trainers who have no strategy, similar to just spamming Ember/Water Gun/ Razor Leaf (Terrible strategy if using RL) like in the game.
    Hermits united. We meet up every ten years; swap stories about caves. It's good fun. For a hermit.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by musicdude1815 View Post
    One thing I always wondered was what do gym leaders like Falkner do? He had has fully evolved team of pokemon to take Ash on, but does he have another weaker set to use against people who just have recieved their starter from Elm and battle with the likes of Cyndaquil and Sentrets. Does Falkner just forget the keen strategies he used against Ash on rookie trainers who have no strategy, similar to just spamming Ember/Water Gun/ Razor Leaf (Terrible strategy if using RL) like in the game.
    I wondered that too, for the anime AND the games. Like in Gold/Silver/Crystal/HG/SS, Brock and all the gyms in Kanto have VERY high leveled Pokemon. Imagine playing Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen and facing his level 50-60 Rocky Pokemon with only a level 15 or so Charmander, Squirtle or Bulbasaur! :O

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Don't forget that gamefreak changed pikachu's ability to auto win ^_^
    Legendaries, shinies, and fusions. Non rival the combination of all three.

EllaJaneBinks Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    They follow the story too much and don't apply enough about the facts of the game, which is where the anime stemmed from so I really don't get how they can do that. Like when they're brainstorming they probably think, "Okay, we'll have Ash fail to beat this gym leader three times before he wins so that he develops his inner strength more, blah, blah blah" but they don't realise that they've missed out on the fact that Pikachu should be like at Level 100 and could easily beat those gym leaders, level 20 Pokemon, no matter what they're strategy was. Like unless they used that Level 1 Rattata beats a Level 100 Legendary Strategy...

They just don't seem to care that much about it as they do developing the plotline.