Thread: Soft Resetting for Shiny Legendaries (HG/SS)

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 29 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 32 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Smile Soft Resetting for Shiny Legendaries (HG/SS)

For a couple of weeks now I have been soft-resetting for a shiny Zapdos. I didn't want there to be any margin of error, so I packed a master ball. On several occasions I've soft-resetted myself to sleep. I'm way too far to think about quitting, though. This is my first shot at soft-resseting for a shiny legendary... does anybody have any motivating advice or a story of their own?
    THE DRAGON's DEN - DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? http://www.pokebay.com/forums/group.php?groupid=563

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 14 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have found two shiny ledgendaries. It does take time but try but keep at it. I would not turn off your ds just plug it in all night while you sleep. As you SR each time you get closer and closer to a shiny, but if you turn off your ds it resets. Like this, lets say you start your ds and shiny Zapdos it 200 SR away, and at SR 100 you restart it, the next shiny Zapdos could be 20,000 SR away. There is no true way to tell how far away(Unless you RNG) but thinking like this help keeps me going.Just remember each SR gets you closer to a Shiny Zapdos
    Sniv~William

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 14 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Oh and there was this guy who SR for a shiny Giratina and it took him a month to find it, but his DS froze in the middle of the battle. It took him 6 months but he finally got a shiny Gratina and caught it. I know this does not sound motivating but, it means you keep at it and you'll get it.
    Sniv~William

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 29 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 32 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I saw that video! It was kind of funny.
    THE DRAGON's DEN - DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? http://www.pokebay.com/forums/group.php?groupid=563

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 39 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Um there is a way to tell when you will get a shiny...... Ever heard of RNG?
    1947 wins 11 losses--- Last competition entered : Belfast finished 1st place
    What separates me from the general public is that they want to be the best, like no one ever was. I am the best like no one ever was.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 29 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 32 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have heard of RNG abuse. But I haven't looked too deep into it. Some people say it's complicated.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 39 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by MORNING SUN View Post
    I have heard of RNG abuse. But I haven't looked too deep into it. Some people say it's complicated.
    It really isn't that hard. Just go to pokecheck and ask for a guide.
    1947 wins 11 losses--- Last competition entered : Belfast finished 1st place
    What separates me from the general public is that they want to be the best, like no one ever was. I am the best like no one ever was.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 29 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 32 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniv View Post
    I have found two shiny ledgendaries. It does take time but try but keep at it. I would not turn off your ds just plug it in all night while you sleep. As you SR each time you get closer and closer to a shiny, but if you turn off your ds it resets. Like this, lets say you start your ds and shiny Zapdos it 200 SR away, and at SR 100 you restart it, the next shiny Zapdos could be 20,000 SR away. There is no true way to tell how far away(Unless you RNG) but thinking like this help keeps me going.Just remember each SR gets you closer to a Shiny Zapdos
    Thanks Sniv, that's really helpful

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    how can you soft reset without turning off the ds?

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    L + R and Sel. + Start