Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Knight

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

White Knight

I have been writing a book and I'm really proud of it so far. Here's the prologue. Tell me how you Like it

Alarms were wailing as a figure rushed by the views of two guards, who had thick armor and assault weapons. All they could do to keep up with the figure was keep running. Bill, who was the figure, kept running through the winding passageways to avoid the gunfire that came from behind him.
    Bill came across a room full of stacked crates, leaving only three narrow gaps to fit through. Bill came to a full stop and started thinking about which way to go. He heard the sound of footsteps coming from behind him. Bill made a split decision and ran through the middle passageway. Bill had to make so many turns to get through these crates.
    As Bill rounded another corner, he looked up and noticed that the crates weren’t touching the ceiling anymore. Bill then decided to give his new equipment a shot. He thought of a spring that could get him on top of the crates and felt his body launched by the contraption onto the top of the crate. The spring made its way back to the source, his back. Bill noticed that it was still sore from where the mechanism was placed.
    Bill waited until he stopped panting heavily. He listened and noticed that he didn’t hear any footsteps. Bill found it strange that they had stopped following him.
    Bill quickly thought up a mirror that would detach and allow him to see his back. He felt the machine do the work rather quickly and Bill was holding a mirror in no time. This would be the first time he would see his back.
    As Bill turned the mirror in the right angle, he noticed the effects. The skin around where the mechanism had been placed was a peach pink and was swelling only slightly. The skin around the mechanism made it look like the mechanism was part of his body. Then he saw the mechanism.
    It was a square shape and completely black. He didn’t see where the mechanism opened to retrieve the machine world portal within. What had the scientists discovered? This was an abomination that a person should not bear. The science behind how the scientists created the machine world, much less, the portal, was more complex.
    Bill didn’t have time to think about this though. He had to get the machine and himself out of the building. Bill then heard the sound of footsteps again. He looked down the ledge, all 12 feet, down to where he heard the sound. A dozen or more soldiers were running by. That’s when Bill got a crazy idea. He quickly thought it out and found himself in the same suit as the other soldiers.
    Bill dropped down silently behind the last soldier, and then followed in step with the rest of the soldiers. Eventually, they came out of the room and into a hallway. At the far end of the hallway was an elevator. The soldiers then hurried into the elevator, fitting four with Bill and the rest headed up the stairs. The squad leader, as Bill assumed, pressed a button and it lit up with the number “100”. As Bill and the soldiers stood there breathing heavily, Bill noticed that the four that he was with had a patch on their arms. He then noticed the largest was his old leader.
    When the elevator doors opened, the soldiers burst out aiming their guns at different targets, such as pipes, ledges, corners, and other areas. Bill stepped out and saw he was on the rooftop. The last nine soldiers came out. The leader noticed that there were 13 rather than 12. He noticed that Bill’s suit was different in one way, it didn’t have the patch.
    Bill put his suit on and tried to escape. He dashed off in the opposite direction and wove around a few pipes and corners until he found another elevator, he thought it wise not to take it anywhere. He kept moving until he came to the edge of the building. Bill didn’t want to jump; he was afraid of heights, so he stopped and turned around and raised his hands in surrender. “Wait, wait, I surre-” he tried to say. Bill was too late; the soldiers were coming around the corner raising their weapons.
    Bill started thinking of a teleporting machine and a cloning machine. In the midst of teleporting, Bill saw the clone he had left behind shot until it fell dead, screaming in agony.
    Once the soldiers finished the firing and they were sure Bill was dead, the leader spoke into his radio and called for someone. The soldiers started forming a perimeter around the dead body. They stood and watched for any signs of the strange and dangerous.
    The smell of the body under the sun was starting to move along into the ventilation of the team’s helmets. They had suffered some losses in the chase, their old leader, pilot, and their scout. The soldiers would have to wait until new recruits signed up for the job. They knew that it would be a long process, so they didn’t expect any new assignments for a while.
    The door to the elevator started to open with a ding as it reached the roof again. A person came out at around the age of 38. As the man came around the corner, the soldiers stood in attention and saluted. The man had a leather jacket zipped on with a patch that had the letters KO on them. The letters were surrounded in a shield with a sword going behind it. He was built tall and sort of slim. He had black hair and green eyes. This person just so happened to be the head of the organization the soldiers were in.
    “At ease,” the boss said in his deep, powered voice. The soldiers stepped aside, revealing the body that lay on the ground. The boss walked up to it and crouched down next to it, the stench filling his nose.
    “Couldn’t jump, could you?” the boss whispered to the body. Something caught his eye and, without moving his head, looked to see what it was. He saw a lone figure standing on the hill just past the ledge. He was looking up at the building, seemingly looking at the boss specifically. All the boss could do then was pop a quick grin and suddenly had an idea.
    “Knight, are you okay?” asked the leader.
    “Just fine,” Knight said as he stood. “The prototype was a success, only until he tried to run off. Men, I’ve sent for three people to join your team. I’ve looked at their records and they’re fit for the job. Let them have a taste of this organization. The last to get any sort of injury will come here as the first product.”
    “Yes, sir,” replied the soldiers. They started heading back towards the elevator, leaving Knight on the roof, who pulled something out of his inner jacket pocket. Knight looked into a picture with a younger version of himself with his wife and two sons. This picture was nearly 8 years old and it was already getting worn. His sons today were 18 and 20. “I’ll be waiting for you Will.”
    Last edited by ShadowPhoenix; 05-19-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    This is my Regular Gym team, do not underestimate my Legendary Gym team.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Omg,that reminds me of myself.
    I am the beast of the pokemon world! BECOME SWALLOWED BY A SEA OF FLAME!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    How so? And which character? Bill?

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 45 | Offers: 94 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Excellent. :-) Awesome in every way.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    thanks. and to imagine, that's been a daydream in my head for about 2 years now

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 45 | Offers: 94 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm supposed to be writing one... It was around 250 pages when I stopped.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    wow...that's crazy.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    No,the monster.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't remember putting a monster in the prologue...which person in the prologue is he like?

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Here's the first chapter. It's the shortest one I have so far. the longest is coming

Chapter 1
    William

The grass swayed gently in the breeze as William sat watching the clouds make their way slowly across the sky. He could hear the lone tree leaves rustling on the hill that overlooks the town. William wished he could just live here, on the hill, watching the clouds and resting, but he lived near the center of town. Another breeze kicked up, rustling the grass again.
    When the breeze finally stopped, the grass still whispered in his ear. William turned to see a short, slim woman, no older than 40, approaching. She wore a purple T-shirt and grey jogging shorts that reached just below her knees. This woman just so happened to be William’s mom.
    “Hey, Will. I thought you’d be home at one, so I decided to take a jog around town. I didn’t expect to find you here,” said his mom.
    “Well I thought that you’d be at home. I went by to see if you wanted to jog, but I didn’t see you. So, in turn, I came here,” he replied.
    “You look like you need a jog, too. Come on.”
    Will went on a jog to get his daily exercise before his graduation tomorrow.
    Will is 18 and a senior in high school. He’s one of those kids that are usually singled out just because he excels in Math and Science. HE doesn’t even know why because he does as many sports that he’s allowed. Will was tall slim with a more athletic tone, and had dark brown eyes. His hair was usually cut short and jet black.
    When running track, his mother decided to join him in the monthly marathon. She thought that would inspire him to keep on going and to never give up, which this did happen to him. Ever since then, Will and his mom do a 6 mile jog to prepare him for what he wants to do when he graduates; join the frontlines.
    Will’s father disappeared randomly around 8 years ago, leaving only one clue so as to where he went. His father left a letter that said:
    Will and Marie,
    I’ve gone to finish something up. I can’t
    say exactly what it is, maybe when Will is older,
    but not now. All I want Will to do for me is to join
    the frontlines.
    P.S. You’re a Knight Will, Find it…
    The last part to the letter made no sense other than the fact that his last name IS Knight. John never showed his face since that day. Will and other people of the town thought that John died. They held a funeral for John, but with an empty coffin.
    Will knew just about every place his father would go when he was away from home. His father would’ve gone to the bowling alley some days, the bar on rare occasions, and to Will’s school on most days. Will really did wonder why his father hung around in place like these. Out of all of these places though, he never did find his father.
    So, like his father had asked him to, in two weeks, he’s going to graduate and join the Army Frontlines.
    “..So now our generation can join the real world!” exclaimed Kelly, who is the spokesperson to the senior class of the school.
    Like a thunderstorm, everyone slowly cheered until the auditorium rang with applause. Only one person didn’t cheer, the one person who had to leave on a jet to South Carolina in 3 hours, the person whose name is Will.
    He stood up and started making his way to the door. A teacher noticed that Will had gotten up and thought that he was up for the next speech. The teacher stopped him before he was within 30 paces of the door.
    “I know you’re nervous for this speech-’’ the teacher tried to start.
    “Actually,” interrupted Will, “I have somewhere to be.” He didn’t get another ten paces closer to the door before a familiar voice called, “You’re leaving?”
    Will turned to see the one girl he didn’t want to leave. The girl who had been his friend throughout school and the one he had a crush on, who has a crush on him, too.
    A short, thin girl walked up to him. She had dark brown hair that went past her shoulders and hazel eyes.
    “Yes, Arielle, I thought I told you.”
    “Yes, you did, but you didn’t say you’d be leaving so soon.”
    “I’ll come back, I promise.”
    She stared right into his eyes for moment, in which he now wished that he never did join, and then with a final sigh, she replied, “Ok.”
    After that, they said their good-bye, and he walked out the door. Once he was outside the door, he heard her footsteps behind him going at a fast pace. He turned and in a flash of brown hair, found himself kissing her.
    She stepped back after about a minute and said, “Good-bye.”
    “Good-bye.”
    He turned and kept walking afterwards. Will stopped at the statue of the knight on a horse that sat in the main area of the school. Will thought he saw something out of the corner of his eye. By the time he turned, the silhouette had disappeared. Another thing caught his eye, on the knight’s leg, was the name of his father engraved onto the metal.
    Will then suspiciously walked away and out of the school. It was time he joined the army.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 45 | Offers: 94 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This was very good! I really liked it, I can't wait to read the rest of it! It looks like a really good story, I'm wondering what happens next already...

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Lol. It gets interesting fast but I think more excitement will come as the story progresses.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    EPICNEEEEESSSS!!!SO FREAKING AWSOME!! (._.)

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Check out my stories!they are pretty cool too.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Trust me, that's nothing compared to the rest I have. I wrote that when I was like 13, and the 14 at chapter 2, then finally started continuing chapter 3 at 15. I'm on chapter 6 now, not done, only a paragraph in. when I finish posting the last four i HAVE done, don't expect the others to come daily. Expect week to 2 week intervals. They'll be long.