Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so much hate? (Fairy type)

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i gotta agree with ultra, theres no way a fairy could destroy dragons

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    *shrugs* I don't know about the whole "Faeries vs Dragons" debate... personally, I'm fond of both. But I would like to point out that this is NOT the first time they've introduced a new type in the games. Although, I admit, the last (and only) time they did was quite a few years ago.

... And what types, you may ask, did they add? Steel, and Dark. They were not a part of the original games. So why complain if they've decided to "discover" another "new type"? Other than the obvious fact that the games have been this way for years, and nobody likes to change what's worked so far...
    (-o-) ¨(`o˛)¨ (-o-)

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    This thread really isn't to discuss dual-type moves, but it would be interesting... Pokemon have two types, so why not moves?

Also, Gary, your reasoning is kind mushy... You don't have a solid reason to say that. That's like saying Magnemite was fine before it was a Steel-Type. Even if you argue that "In second gen it was different", you know it's the same thing. If there were more Pokemon, they'd have done a retyping of more Pokemon when they added Steel. The only difference is that there's more Pokemon to retype now.

Aside from that, the point of the game is that "We're always learning new things about Pokemon", so it stands to reason that they'd discover the new type in the 6th generation
    This thread really isn't to discuss dual-type moves, but it would be interesting... Pokemon have two types, so why not moves?

Also, Gary, your reasoning is kind mushy... You don't have a solid reason to say that. That's like saying Magnemite was fine before it was a Steel-Type. Even if you argue that "In second gen it was different", you know it's the same thing. If there were more Pokemon, they'd have done a retyping of more Pokemon when they added Steel. The only difference is that there's more Pokemon to retype now.

Aside from that, the point of the game is that "We're always learning new things about Pokemon", so it stands to reason that they'd discover the new type in the 6th generation
    I don't see a mushy reasoning at all. It can be argued that Fari types either always existed and are now recognized, or that old Pokemon have "evolved" into this new type, but that doesn't take away that Fairy isn't required. It's taking old Pokemon we all are comfortable with and making them into something new and it simply wasn't needed and feels extremely lazy on part of gamefreak or whoever. Magnetite and the steel types were a weird addition as wel as dark, but the helped ease down the Psychic type advantage and most importantly, it was only one gen apart. We're six gens and 15 years into the game. Making gen 1 Pokemon some new type is purely trying to attract old players back, and Moreover, has an overwhelming feeling of being desperate. I'm simply saying, stop evolving old Pokemon. Stop givin formes to old Pokemon. Stop giving classic Pokemon new types. Make new types if you have to, but by continuously touching old favorites, you continue to make the canon of the series make less and less sense and ruin everything we already know. Magnetite in Gen 1 takes neutral damage from normal and dragon moves but from gen 2 forward it's not very effective. This is inexcusable and unexplained. Doing this 15 years after gen 1 with this Fairy crap is just an offense to those who have been around since Red/Blue. It throws what was always known in the garbage and personally I think it's just plain wrong. This of course is imo.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Does nobody know the difference between a modern interpretation (IE the picture you posted) and the actual myths? In all honesty, a Dragon is not always that huge scary thing. In fact, they were, in myth, more common in smaller, more bird-like forms and weren't very threatening at all. Fairies on the other hand are very vicious creatures in myth. For example, did you know the valkyries are fairies?

Here's a valkyrie: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs50/f/20...y_GENZOMAN.jpg
    Here's a typical Wyvern, the more commonly told type of dragon: http://fc04.deviantart.net/images/la...all_Wyvern.jpg

People should learn the myths before talking down something based on what Disney has fooled you to believe.

Fairies also include the Nymphs, the Disir, and even the Elves, which are known to be violent creatures. In fact, elves made Thor's mighty hammer. They would easily defeat a dragon with their skills, and in many myths they have.
    Well, note that while "Disney" is feeding us these supposed false images of Dragons, according to you anyway... Gamefreak has been doing the exact same thing with most of the Dragon types. They are almost al entirely vicious, mean, powerful creatures and known once as indestructible in gen 1 according to Lance. And also, please more that Marill, Gardevoir, Sylveon, look nothing like the "Fairy" you so kindly linked to. So, if anyone is "mistakenly" thinking Fairy's are little sweet creatures and Dragons are rampant beats, there's no one to blame but Gamefreak. They've shown is crazed Dragons since Gen 1. Obviously we would think they're a lot tougher than that little dough eyed Sylveon. Seriously. Jigglypuff suddenly is a better type than Hydreigon. It's really offensive to anyone with much sense. It's like the cliche in movies and TV shows that the underdog can miraculously overcome the overwhelming evil opponent. It's like they jumped the shark with this new type :/

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryeffinOak View Post
    Well, note that while "Disney" is feeding us these supposed false images of Dragons, according to you anyway... Gamefreak has been doing the exact same thing with most of the Dragon types. They are almost al entirely vicious, mean, powerful creatures and known once as indestructible in gen 1 according to Lance. And also, please more that Marill, Gardevoir, Sylveon, look nothing like the "Fairy" you so kindly linked to. So, if anyone is "mistakenly" thinking Fairy's are little sweet creatures and Dragons are rampant beats, there's no one to blame but Gamefreak. They've shown is crazed Dragons since Gen 1. Obviously we would think they're a lot tougher than that little dough eyed Sylveon. Seriously. Jigglypuff suddenly is a better type than Hydreigon. It's really offensive to anyone with much sense. It's like the cliche in movies and TV shows that the underdog can miraculously overcome the overwhelming evil opponent. It's like they jumped the shark with this new type :/
    They also don't show dragons as small at all, like they really are portrayed in the original myths. Meanwhile, you do still get that Dragon that is absolutely terrible, even if it looks frightening. The same goes for Fairies. The fairies appeared generally harmless, but they are vile, nasty creatures. Aside from all that, I see the logic, but then again, how can a little Snorunt be powerful to a Hydreigon? We don't know, it just is. Obviously not stat-wise, but type-wise, it is, and that's what's being argued. Why would Ice be good against Dragon? I feel like Ice is easily destroyed by a Dragon's wrath, is it not? The point is that in the long run, that Dragon gets frozen in the Ice and dies. Same goes for Fairies. In the long run, the fairies win the war against the Dragons.

And in all honestly, there are logics in Pokemon that make no sense all over the place! Why can't a Fighting-type just beat up a wimpy little bird? Why does Steel destroy Rock? Why does Bug defeat Dark? That Bug would get lost in the Dark! In the end, it's Pokemon. Just forget your real-world logic.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It's just pointless. All these new Fairy Types like Azumarill and Jigglypuff were just fine as try we're. I don't understand why all of a sudden, out of nowhere, they'd be anew type. Real world Evolution can be used to explain it away, with time these Pokemon grew to obtain new abilities and such, but it's just desperate and feels very unoriginal. I'm strongly against it.
    This. 110% this.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by samueln View Post
    that is so cool marill AND OST LIKELY AAZUMARILL WILL dragon type yes finally no more ice punch for me
    and wait u guys r jobless ,hatin when the thing hasnt come out yet wow
    that a new low 4 all poke fans hatin it aint right
    Please would you care to elaborate what being jobless has anything to do with the topic?

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    They also don't show dragons as small at all, like they really are portrayed in the original myths. Meanwhile, you do still get that Dragon that is absolutely terrible, even if it looks frightening. The same goes for Fairies. The fairies appeared generally harmless, but they are vile, nasty creatures. Aside from all that, I see the logic, but then again, how can a little Snorunt be powerful to a Hydreigon? We don't know, it just is. Obviously not stat-wise, but type-wise, it is, and that's what's being argued. Why would Ice be good against Dragon? I feel like Ice is easily destroyed by a Dragon's wrath, is it not? The point is that in the long run, that Dragon gets frozen in the Ice and dies. Same goes for Fairies. In the long run, the fairies win the war against the Dragons.

And in all honestly, there are logics in Pokemon that make no sense all over the place! Why can't a Fighting-type just beat up a wimpy little bird? Why does Steel destroy Rock? Why does Bug defeat Dark? That Bug would get lost in the Dark! In the end, it's Pokemon. Just forget your real-world logic.
    True. Except Steel is stronger than Rock so that makes a good deal of sense...

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    True. Except Steel is stronger than Rock so that makes a good deal of sense...
    Lol aside from that, you see the point. It may make sense to us, but in the Pokemon world, it happens
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Why don't you guys just give it a chance? It's going to happen, anyway. There's nothing you can change from it. FAIRIES BEATS DRAGONS. YAY!
    #needsmega

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyGlaceon~ View Post
    Why don't you guys just give it a chance? It's going to happen, anyway. There's nothing you can change from it. FAIRIES BEATS DRAGONS. YAY!
    Because I along with a few others know that Fairy is not only absolutely pointless but neither does it appeal to me and a few of my friends. How you find the prospect of this atrocious 18th (and thoroughly unnecessary) type to be able to beat Dragons as exciting is beyond me. They've now decided after 17 years that one of the most powerful types (and my personal favourite) in Pokémon has to be turned into a hypothetical punch-bag. The balance of types was perfect IMO. Dark and Steel evened it out perfectly in Gen 2. Now we're going to have more headaches because we accidentally use Hydreigon against Gardevoir only for it to be taken out by a Fairy move. We've had the same consistency in types for almost a decade and a half. And now it's gone and got screwed up like it was back in Gen 1.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    UM,DRAGON TYPES ARE BASICALLY THE STRONGEST TYPE THERE IS,ITS EVEN STRONG AGAINST ITSELF,THERE IS NO WAY A SMALL LITTLE FAIRY CAN BEAT A GIGANTIC,FIRE BREATHING REPTILE!!!!!! and no,i do not think it is "girly"
    I am the beast of the pokemon world! BECOME SWALLOWED BY A SEA OF FLAME!

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Fairy... Yeah... I mean, I think the issue with this new type for some is that it's just warping everything known for so long. Making Pokemon known for over a decade as one type and making it a new one is just very upsetting to me. I don't mind Fairy type... I guess... But the fact they said they made it to give "balance" against Dragon types, who were never invincible in the first place, is really what upset me the most. They literally are just admitting, in my eyes, that the Fairy type is like some kind of filler type. It's a slap in the face for the years of dedication. I can't imagine any redeeming qualities the Fairy type could have. It being a fill in type is enough to just leave me disappointed in GameFreak.

The Dazzling, Electrifying Stunner Of The Electric Pokemon Training World, Elesa!
    Badge: Amber Badge

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    not to mention,if fairy WAS able to beat dragon,then that means ice can beat fairy,so,it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever,and they even invented a DRAGON AND ICE TYPE FOR HEAVENS SAKE!!!so why would a dragon be weak against fairy,because in my opinion,i think fairy will be strong against either dark,ghost,pshycic,or light.that ACCUALLY makes sense there.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    dragons have literally been around ever since gen.1,and there are thousands of dragon type legends to go with it! hell,even arceus became a dragon type!