Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so much hate? (Fairy type)

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 45 | Offers: 94 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Why so much hate? (Fairy type)

I was on Serebii. And I found THIS:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...out-fairy-type!!!

And frankly, I was disgusted at the amount of posts there were about how 'Girly' the fairy type was.

So, discussion points!
    (Please write the name of the discussion topic at the start of your post)
    Why do you think it's girly? (If you do.)
    Why do you think it'll ruin your team? (If you do.)
    Do you think it is girly?
    Opinions on it against dragon?
    What is your portrayal of 'Girly'?

And yes, I'm prepared for hate!

Will add more topics later. ~

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    that is so cool marill AND OST LIKELY AAZUMARILL WILL dragon type yes finally no more ice punch for me
    and wait u guys r jobless ,hatin when the thing hasnt come out yet wow
    that a new low 4 all poke fans hatin it aint right
    Last edited by samueln; 06-11-2013 at 09:20 PM.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Haters.
    #needsmega

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It's a good idea. For the haters, consider this:

Fairies aren't girly. They are mythological creatures just like Dragons, and guess what, Dratini looks pretty feminine to me. Also, they aren't limited to Tinker Bell and other stupid Disney perceptions. Some dwarves are considered fairies, and Slenderman is a fairy. Just putting it out there.

It won't ruin your team. If anything, it'll stop the annoying people that decide it's a "good" strategy to spam Outrage. Dragons need another check move them from their dominant spot, and this also Gives Poison and Steel some use, since it will be weak to both.

It also makes sense for it to be good against Dragon. After all, thinking in terms of a real myth, if they were to battle a Fairy would be too elusive and have too much magical power for the Dragon to even do anything. It's about logic. Like why is Ice good against Steel? If you threw a chunk of Steel at a chuck of Ice, guess who's breaking.

Now, I think there could've been better ideas than "Fairy", but it was a good and original idea nonetheless.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 45 | Offers: 94 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    For me, fairy is my new favourite type.

It isn't 'Girly' or 'Feminine' in any way, and I completely agree with the statement on how dragons and fairies are mythical creatures. Basically the same as each other.

Feminine isn't pink, and sparkly. In fact, I'm not even sure myself to what feminine is. One thing though, it definitely isn't fairy types.

For the competitive battlers, it keeps you on your toes. Changing your team, to fit new strategies, moves, etc.

Dragon now has three weaknesses. That doesn't make them 'Useless' now, or whatever, I mean, if you're going to fight dragons, just don't use fairy types. Simple as that.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceNohime View Post
    For me, fairy is my new favourite type.
    Feminine isn't pink, and sparkly. In fact, I'm not even sure myself to what feminine is. One thing though, it definitely isn't fairy types.
    Exactly! I mean, look at Marill. It's Blue. Not Pink.
    #needsmega

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It's just pointless. All these new Fairy Types like Azumarill and Jigglypuff were just fine as try we're. I don't understand why all of a sudden, out of nowhere, they'd be anew type. Real world Evolution can be used to explain it away, with time these Pokemon grew to obtain new abilities and such, but it's just desperate and feels very unoriginal. I'm strongly against it.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 28 | Offers: 93 | Wishlist Items: 24 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I will say i am a hater of this new type ^^;

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'm not saying that the whole type is girly but Sylveon is definitely what is considered girly or effeminate , Lots of pink, with bows and ribbons but that's not a problem, I like it and there are pokemon is almost every different style anyway.

Having a new type can only be a good thing, it adds a new dynamic, keeps older players something new to learn which keeps them interested and Knocks dragon-types down a peg... so bored playing people with 3+ dragons on their team, now if we could get a new 2x damage to fighting types everything would be peachy in my book! I would also like to see maybe dual type moves I think that could be interesting!

On another note I'm falling in love with this game more and more as new information comes out! October will be a long time coming!!
    "over the laws of light, over the moon by midnight"

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Dual type moves come into existence and i'm probably canceling my preorder. js

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 10 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Really? I think it could be cool and obviously not all the moves rebranded to be dual type but a handful in each type It would add something new to battling, maybe not this generation as we already have Fairy type to come to grips with but next time.
    "over the laws of light, over the moon by midnight"

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This thread really isn't to discuss dual-type moves, but it would be interesting... Pokemon have two types, so why not moves?

Also, Gary, your reasoning is kind mushy... You don't have a solid reason to say that. That's like saying Magnemite was fine before it was a Steel-Type. Even if you argue that "In second gen it was different", you know it's the same thing. If there were more Pokemon, they'd have done a retyping of more Pokemon when they added Steel. The only difference is that there's more Pokemon to retype now.

Aside from that, the point of the game is that "We're always learning new things about Pokemon", so it stands to reason that they'd discover the new type in the 6th generation
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    sorry but i am kind of a hater of fairys at this point to, i dont think we needed a new type to begin with...

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    I really wouldn't want to be a hater, but...
    This. http://www.wonderlandwigs.com/blog/w..._fairy_wig.png
    Against this. http://www.blogcdn.com/kids.aol.com/...n-d4sxkxg.jpeg
    And super effective too? I just...don't see it. There's no logic in it anymore. I could handle the stuff-a-bike-in-a-back-pack thing but not this. 38

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraSound View Post
    I really wouldn't want to be a hater, but...
    This. http://www.wonderlandwigs.com/blog/w..._fairy_wig.png
    Against this. http://www.blogcdn.com/kids.aol.com/...n-d4sxkxg.jpeg
    And super effective too? I just...don't see it. There's no logic in it anymore. I could handle the stuff-a-bike-in-a-back-pack thing but not this. 38
    Does nobody know the difference between a modern interpretation (IE the picture you posted) and the actual myths? In all honesty, a Dragon is not always that huge scary thing. In fact, they were, in myth, more common in smaller, more bird-like forms and weren't very threatening at all. Fairies on the other hand are very vicious creatures in myth. For example, did you know the valkyries are fairies?

Here's a valkyrie: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs50/f/20...y_GENZOMAN.jpg
    Here's a typical Wyvern, the more commonly told type of dragon: http://fc04.deviantart.net/images/la...all_Wyvern.jpg

People should learn the myths before talking down something based on what Disney has fooled you to believe.

Fairies also include the Nymphs, the Disir, and even the Elves, which are known to be violent creatures. In fact, elves made Thor's mighty hammer. They would easily defeat a dragon with their skills, and in many myths they have.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK