Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why so much hate? (Fairy type)

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by papayaperson View Post
    Same, I can see why they might be mad at this... but like you said, we know very little about this new type. The fact that people are already hating on it is just ridiculous. I admit the idea of a Fairy-type is kind of stupid, but I accept it and I'll probably have a Fairy-type on my team (I love Gardevoir!). There's really no knowing how the Fairy-type will turnout in the game. Maybe they'll be weak to a lot of types, making them easily counterable (for those of you complaining about Dragon's being vulnerable :P) or maybe they'll have basically no use other than Dragon. On the contrary, maybe they'll become a powerful type that resists a lot and may just become as OverPowered as Dragons, in which case I still don't see why there would be hating. And just like legacies grow in real life, the Pokemon legacy will continue to grow. Remember, one of the main points emphasized by the game is that we're always learning more about Pokemon. The fact that we now know more about them (by discovering a new type) is just them continuing the legacy they started.

Now, there's a difference between "I think I will dislike this type" and "This type is absolutely unnecessary and appalling!" One is expressing an opinion, one is just putting down the new Pokemon Type completely. Complaining that Dragons aren't dominant anymore? Really? Dragons still have monstrous stats, not to mention that the Pokemon revealed to have this type are pretty lacking in power. So stop complaining. They're still beasts and if you're going to be that annoying person that lines up 3 dragons on their team, then fine. That can still happen. There's no reason it can't! Honestly, there's no reason to complain. If you don't accept it, just don't accept it. There is absolutely no reason to complain. Even if it bothers you, guess what! Just don't buy the game! I just solved your problems!
    I'm actually Not buying the games. My reason has absolutely nothing to do with the Fairy types. I was gonna buy it even after hearing about them. Nonetheless, I don't like the type. It has nothing to do with them being OP, weak as dirt, Dragon killers, or anything like that. I'm not "hating" on them, either. I don't like Fighting types. I don't like Grass types. I don't like Electric too much either. I also don't like Fairy. Nothing to do with their stats, and nothing to do with how important or unimportant they will be in the game. I saw a few. I saw they'd be added onto old Pokemon. And my decision was I don't like them. The word "opinion" comes to mind. Not "ridiculous." Not buying the games doesn't solve the problem. I still don't like them.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryeffinOak View Post
    I'm actually Not buying the games. My reason has absolutely nothing to do with the Fairy types. I was gonna buy it even after hearing about them. Nonetheless, I don't like the type. It has nothing to do with them being OP, weak as dirt, Dragon killers, or anything like that. I'm not "hating" on them, either. I don't like Fighting types. I don't like Grass types. I don't like Electric too much either. I also don't like Fairy. Nothing to do with their stats, and nothing to do with how important or unimportant they will be in the game. I saw a few. I saw they'd be added onto old Pokemon. And my decision was I don't like them. The word "opinion" comes to mind. Not "ridiculous." Not buying the games doesn't solve the problem. I still don't like them.
    All you know about Fairy-type is that it's weak to Poison and Steel and strong to Dragon. That's it. You have reason to dislike Fighting, Electric and Grass, since you actually know all about them. The fact that you are absolutely trashing Fairy (even if you don't think you are, that's what it seems like) without knowing more than half the details of it is ridiculous. If the game comes out and you still don't like it, it is what it is, but don't trash it until you actually know about it. And I'm not saying you are being ridiculous, I'm saying the harsh opinion is ridiculous, because you still don't about it. Right now everyone's basically judging based on a name, a strength, weaknesses (barely), and 5 Pokemon. Honestly, that's just your opinion though. If you think you won't like it, then just don't buy the game! That solves everything for you because then you don't have to complain about the Fairy-types anymore! They don't exist in 5th gen, now do they?
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    All you know about Fairy-type is that it's weak to Poison and Steel and strong to Dragon. That's it. You have reason to dislike Fighting, Electric and Grass, since you actually know all about them. The fact that you are absolutely trashing Fairy (even if you don't think you are, that's what it seems like) without knowing more than half the details of it is ridiculous. If the game comes out and you still don't like it, it is what it is, but don't trash it until you actually know about it. And I'm not saying you are being ridiculous, I'm saying the harsh opinion is ridiculous, because you still don't about it. Right now everyone's basically judging based on a name, a strength, weaknesses (barely), and 5 Pokemon. Honestly, that's just your opinion though. If you think you won't like it, then just don't buy the game! That solves everything for you because then you don't have to complain about the Fairy-types anymore! They don't exist in 5th gen, now do they?
    I don't like why it was invented (to counter Dragons), I don't like the overall idea. I dont like well established types being reclassed. Fighting, Grass, Electric are great types, but I simply don't trust Grass and think it's dumb, Electrics are weak, and Fighting is just a waste of my time. So, aside from Electric, I have just as little reason to like Fighting and Grass as I hate Fairy. I could care less if Fairy has the best stats, the hugest move pool, and saves the entire Pokemon world from the new villians in game. It isn't about stats or why the type can and cant do. I dont care tha theyre not in Gen 5. They exist, and i have feelings about them. If you can like them without knowing anything anout them, its just as conceivable to hate them as well. not to mention i've given reasons i dislike them. Just because you don't like the reason i dont them doesnt mean i am not entitled to dislike them. I simply. Don't. Like it. It's an "O-P-I-N-I-O-N." I'm not saying you're ridiculous for openly tolerating this type and I won't criticize you for it. Kindly do the same. :/
    Last edited by GaryEhffinJoaker; 06-14-2013 at 01:15 PM.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    From rumours Fairy type is strong against Dragon, Dark and Fire and it being immune to Dragon all together. Of course we can't be so sure of this. I'm a girl and I completely love the idea of a Fairy type. I'm slightly older than your average 12 year old girl though. I will definitely be having a Sylveon on my team. This is what makes games exciting!
    *Flys majestically on Zapdos*
    Oh I'm just the ruler of the skies, no big deal c;

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have and always will bear the mark of dragon types but that doesn't mean I hate fairies in fact I think they sound cool so far and Im looking forward for the extra challenge fairy types will bring to dragons and in turn me the only thing I will be annoyed with is if they make yveltal fairy
    Team Popplio ��
    it's cute OK stop being mean

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Wow here comes the brutal honesty. I've already stated why I dislike the Fairy type but I'll say this. Look at JWittz's videos. The newest one will be about the E3 Q+A Session with Junichi Masuda. One person asked how fairy types would work. Masuda said 'Fairy type ony exists to counter Dragon.' I bet that at VGC Tournaments people will have complained that Dragons took then out due to being so OP. Game Freak will have taken this on board and decided that they're tired of the whiners who get defeated by Dragons. The fact stands that just adding types to counter a type with such power is just unexpected and as Juni said rather disappointing. Dragons aren't indestructible or the gods of all Pokemon I'll admit that here and now. But adding types to make a balance that may have honestly only been 45% necessary is pointless and after 14 years of having a type balance fans old and new could comprehend to understand is fair enough but now as I said it's like Gen 1. The typing is all screwed up meaning I can't just walk up to a wild Marill anymore and use like a Deino with like Dragon Rage against it because it ain't just this Water Pokemon it's Water/Fairy. Right now you could ask me any pokemon from Kanto to Unova and I could tell you every single type of theirs without hesitation. Now that knowledge we have had from Gen 2 to Gen 5 has just been flushed down the crapper to give us more of a headache.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 49 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshKing View Post
    Wow here comes the brutal honesty. I've already stated why I dislike the Fairy type but I'll say this. Look at JWittz's videos. The newest one will be about the E3 Q+A Session with Junichi Masuda. One person asked how fairy types would work. Masuda said 'Fairy type ony exists to counter Dragon.' I bet that at VGC Tournaments people will have complained that Dragons took then out due to being so OP. Game Freak will have taken this on board and decided that they're tired of the whiners who get defeated by Dragons. The fact stands that just adding types to counter a type with such power is just unexpected and as Juni said rather disappointing. Dragons aren't indestructible or the gods of all Pokemon I'll admit that here and now. But adding types to make a balance that may have honestly only been 45% necessary is pointless and after 14 years of having a type balance fans old and new could comprehend to understand is fair enough but now as I said it's like Gen 1. The typing is all screwed up meaning I can't just walk up to a wild Marill anymore and use like a Deino with like Dragon Rage against it because it ain't just this Water Pokemon it's Water/Fairy. Right now you could ask me any pokemon from Kanto to Unova and I could tell you every single type of theirs without hesitation. Now that knowledge we have had from Gen 2 to Gen 5 has just been flushed down the crapper to give us more of a headache.
    I totally get your argument but I'm sure after a while we will know the new type charting just as well as we do now and if not just get the game guide that always released around the same time the game is released But I respect your and everyone's opinion to dislike the fairies just don't hate what looks like a fantastic game all because of a new type if you must hate it hate it for all that it is
    Team Popplio ��
    it's cute OK stop being mean

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Wait... Faerie types will be immune to dragons?! *shakes head, hates always being the last to know* In that case, if they ever do make a faerie/dragon, it would be capable of doing dragon-type damage to other dragons, while being immune to the same.
    (-o-) ¨(`o˛)¨ (-o-)

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Because I along with a few others know that Fairy is not only absolutely pointless but neither does it appeal to me and a few of my friends. How you find the prospect of this atrocious 18th (and thoroughly unnecessary) type to be able to beat Dragons as exciting is beyond me. They've now decided after 17 years that one of the most powerful types (and my personal favourite) in Pokémon has to be turned into a hypothetical punch-bag. The balance of types was perfect IMO. Dark and Steel evened it out perfectly in Gen 2. Now we're going to have more headaches because we accidentally use Hydreigon against Gardevoir only for it to be taken out by a Fairy move. We've had the same consistency in types for almost a decade and a half. And now it's gone and got screwed up like it was back in Gen 1.
    Aside from the fact that the first post I quoted has nothing to do with what I said, if Masuda himself said it was to counter Dragon-types, just admit that they're OP. Maybe the reason is disappointing, but it's their decision to add a type. And for Fairy being able to beat Dragon, remember we aren't play The Game of Logic. It's Pokemon. Ice defeats Dragon, but wouldn't a Dragon be able to smash through the Ice? Logic almost completely goes out the window with these games, so that's not a valid reason.... Like, at all. And let's not forget how Dragons aren't "Hypothetical Punch(ing)-Bags". Dragons still have monstrous stats, so if you sent a Hydregon against a Gardevoir, chances are that Gardevoir won't even get to attack! Hydreigon can OHKO it! Hell, what Dragon wouldn't OHKO it?? You clearly don't have any type of faith in the Dragon-type if you call it a punching bag now just because it has another weakness. Aside from that, Fairy is a much-needed counterpart. There is one mythological type, so there should be another one to make it symmetrical. It's just like how they added Steel in gen 2 to add to the Mineral group, so instead of just Ground and Rock, now we have Steel.

Also, there's other moves that are better for capturing Pokemon, such as False Swipe :P That and the fact that Deino isn't the only pokemon to know Dragon Rage (yes, there are non-Dragons that use Dragon Rage). Lastly, just because you're upset don't go blaming people at VGC for adding a new type. It's Nintendo's decision, and if they weren't going to do it, they wouldn't have done it, regardless of a few unhappy people.

Last thing... if you don't like the type, that's good for you. There's no reason to throw a virtual temper tantrum about why it's so terrible, just be sad and don't play the game then. You almost don't even know anything about it at all, so hate like this is just... there's not even a comment to be made towards it that can express it...

Like Cammy said, don't hate the game just because you think Dragons are now weak (I quote you: "Hypothetical Punch-Bag") and Fairies are stupid (I quote you again: "atrocious 18th (and thoroughly unnecessary) type"). And if you really liked the games, you wouldn't mind a slight headache with learning the interactions Fairy has with other types. I can also name all the types, and I can already name all the Fairy-types too for Gen 6 (that have been released)! You can cry your little river all you want, you still need to build a bridge and get over it, because this is happening no matter what you say.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Aside from the fact that the first post I quoted has nothing to do with what I said, if Masuda himself said it was to counter Dragon-types, just admit that they're OP. Maybe the reason is disappointing, but it's their decision to add a type. And for Fairy being able to beat Dragon, remember we aren't play The Game of Logic. It's Pokemon. Ice defeats Dragon, but wouldn't a Dragon be able to smash through the Ice? Logic almost completely goes out the window with these games, so that's not a valid reason.... Like, at all. And let's not forget how Dragons aren't "Hypothetical Punch(ing)-Bags". Dragons still have monstrous stats, so if you sent a Hydregon against a Gardevoir, chances are that Gardevoir won't even get to attack! Hydreigon can OHKO it! Hell, what Dragon wouldn't OHKO it?? You clearly don't have any type of faith in the Dragon-type if you call it a punching bag now just because it has another weakness. Aside from that, Fairy is a much-needed counterpart. There is one mythological type, so there should be another one to make it symmetrical. It's just like how they added Steel in gen 2 to add to the Mineral group, so instead of just Ground and Rock, now we have Steel.

Also, there's other moves that are better for capturing Pokemon, such as False Swipe :P That and the fact that Deino isn't the only pokemon to know Dragon Rage (yes, there are non-Dragons that use Dragon Rage). Lastly, just because you're upset don't go blaming people at VGC for adding a new type. It's Nintendo's decision, and if they weren't going to do it, they wouldn't have done it, regardless of a few unhappy people.

Last thing... if you don't like the type, that's good for you. There's no reason to throw a virtual temper tantrum about why it's so terrible, just be sad and don't play the game then. You almost don't even know anything about it at all, so hate like this is just... there's not even a comment to be made towards it that can express it...

Like Cammy said, don't hate the game just because you think Dragons are now weak (I quote you: "Hypothetical Punch-Bag") and Fairies are stupid (I quote you again: "atrocious 18th (and thoroughly unnecessary) type"). And if you really liked the games, you wouldn't mind a slight headache with learning the interactions Fairy has with other types. I can also name all the types, and I can already name all the Fairy-types too for Gen 6 (that have been released)! You can cry your little river all you want, you still need to build a bridge and get over it, because this is happening no matter what you say.
    I'm gonna jump in and add that this doesn't address those whose dislike for Fairy's has nothing to do with stats, OP, or any of the other listed things. Also, you contradict yourself by saying a Dragon would smash a Gardevoir as, you say yourself, we know nothing about the stats of a Fairy. Who can say what Gardevoir's stats will look like now.
    Also, telling ppl they shouldn't complain about something they don't like? Telling ppl to just be quiet and don't play the game? Now nobody is allowed to express opinions? Everyone is allowed to express themselves here, whether you, or anyone else, likes the opposing opinion or not. You know nothing of Fairy types but support them, and some ppl know nothing of Fairy types and don't support them. It's the same exact thing. :/
    I've said this before, and i'll reiterate it again: Some people who are fans of Pokemon will buy this game as longtime supporters, but that doesn't make them any more of a fan than those who will not purchase this Gen due to the Fairy types. Telling others they can "cry a river" is the kind of talk that starts arguments and will end up closing this thread (not by my decision). :/ Discuss responsibly, respectably, and openly. This is a great platform to talk about ideas and feelings, not be rude to one another.
    Last edited by Fennelito'sHelp; 06-14-2013 at 11:13 PM.

The Dazzling, Electrifying Stunner Of The Electric Pokemon Training World, Elesa!
    Badge: Amber Badge

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 9 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i guess dragon will lose its placeholder weakness such as dragon?

want:
    Cherish ball manphy

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by rajewarraa View Post
    i guess dragon will lose its placeholder weakness such as dragon?
    Nah I think Dragon will still be strong to Dragon... I don't think they'd change that
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i agree dragon type usually r the most powerful pokemon i dont think because fairy types r super effective against dragons they will be weak thats too unusual and besides its not like a garchomp or a zekrom would suddenly drop to uu or ru pls some ppl should stop overreacting

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 28 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 10 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The way I see Fairy type is love it or hate it there here. And dragon trainer's should just view it as a battle obstacle to overcome. It's just another change with the new gen game personally I will train a leprechaun if I think its good for my team.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    The way I see Fairy type is love it or hate it there here. And dragon trainer's should just view it as a battle obstacle to overcome. It's just another change with the new gen game personally I will train a leprechaun if I think its good for my team.
    LOL Leprechaun. Funny.