Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hows my Team!

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Hows my Team!

Ok i have a team i am training on pokemon black for wifi battles and random match up battles and i would like to know what people think of my team!

heres my team:

Infernape lv 100 ability blaze

moves: Close combat, flamethrower, protect, bulk up

Gallade lv 94 ability steadfast

moves: X scissor, stone edge, psychic, close combat

Flygon lv 83 ability leivtate

Moves: Fly, dragon claw, crunch, earthquake

Rotom lv 100 ability levitate

Moves: Shadow ball, thunder, thunderbolt, toxic

Haxorus lv 100 ability mold breaker

Moves: swords dance, night slash, outrage, x scissor

Metagross lv 92 ability clear body

moves: hyper beam, earthquake, metor mash, psychic

What do you think of my team? should i change any moves?
    Last edited by LinuxUser; 06-24-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    ~Linux Mint~

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    are you going for competiteve battling or just for fun, i love your team because i assume like myself i battle with my favorites rather than the best, other than a bit of training, i would give metagross stealth rock and possibly explosion and maybe chose different moves for some pokemon and infernape, but what do i know you probably should not be taking my advice to serious, because im not that good, but there are some good competiteve battlers here such as Damian that could possibly help you if you want that kind of advice good luck ! and i hope to battle with you again soon~

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    thanks! all i am looking for is a decent team for battling. one that doesn't have to win all the time but can get me some wins
    ~Linux Mint~

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I completely dislike Swellow because of it's inability to attack or stall well. It is way outclassed I'd use a Staraptor instead. Along with that, Pinsir and Gallade aren't too great either. Overall, it hard to use them very well unless you're pretty experienced. It's possible, but very very difficult and you definitely wouldn't be able to use them on a team like this, it would need a lot more strategizing, almost completely around those Pokemon. So aside from those 3, the Pokemon are decent choices together on the same team if you plan to run an offensive team. I can't really help that much though without knowing natures, IVs, EVs, etc since those make a big difference and make it easier to figure out their jobs.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    ya I noticed swellow didn't have much attack so I was thinking about switching it. I think gallade is fine but i was going
    to switch pinsir for a tyranitar, wailord or rotom. which of those do you think is the best?
    ~Linux Mint~

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i would personally substitute it for a tyranitar with sand stream, i just like those and there pretty decent, but rotom is good especially with different type advantages, oh! and also my moveset for my metagross is bullet punch, zen headbutt, stealth rock, and explosion, because bullet punch takes care of his lack in speed but these are only my opinions >.<

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    thanks! I think I am going to use rotom. i have one on my soul silver that I already got to lv100 and is really good. for metagross I would teach it stealth rock but I don't know how.
    ~Linux Mint~

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    it either could be really complicated or really easy, you just trade it over from black and white to B2 orW2 if you have it then go to the move tutor in the nacren city i belive then you trade it back over to black or white, and to get explosion is in the battle subway for 48 points, but you can look up walkthroughs for both on the internet, good luck!

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 9 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow270 View Post
    my moveset for my metagross is bullet punch, zen headbutt, stealth rock, and explosion, because bullet punch takes care of his lack in speed but these are only my opinions >.<
    Explosion is not that good in 5th gen, try earthquake/meteor mash/pursuit/hammer arm instead. Also, Choice Band/leftovers are good items that Metagross can use.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i know i just like explosion because its fun to use, im not that good at competetive battling

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by 124mew View Post
    ya I noticed swellow didn't have much attack so I was thinking about switching it. I think gallade is fine but i was going
    to switch pinsir for a tyranitar, wailord or rotom. which of those do you think is the best?
    I like Rotom-W, the Washing Machine form of Rotom. Wailord is just a pain imo and I'd consider using Tyranitar, but I wouldn't call it a replacement for a Pinsir.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    thanks! I think I am going to use rotom. i have one on my soul silver that I already got to lv100 and is really good. for metagross I would teach it stealth rock but I don't know how.
    Stealth Rock is via a move tutor in B2/W2 for Metagross that would be a good idea for itt
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    oh I dont have black 2
    ~Linux Mint~

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    oh I dont have black 2
    I'm sure if you ask someone here if they could tutor Metagross to learn Stealth Rock they'd do it. I can't since I also don't have the game lol I always have to get someone to do it for me.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    updated
    ~Linux Mint~