Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hows my Team!

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Flygon is one of my fave Pokemon ^^ I'd give it a Choice Band to increase the damage it can deal, and with Levitate, it can switch in easily to a Ground-type attack that they may have intended to use on Metagross, not to mention it also doesn't take damage from Electric-type moves, which would make it easy to switch into an Electric-type move as well, provided you scout for one first, since you have nothing that would attract one very well. I recommend giving Gallade protect to do this, since imo it's most likely to take an electric-type hit neutrally. It can also take Fire, Poison, and Rock easily, as it resists all of these attacks as well. With Flygon the only attacks you need to watch for are Dragons with a 2x weakness and Ice with a nasty 4x weakness. Luckily, Metagross and Infernape will be able to take those if you switch them into an attack. Lastly, remove Fly for Fire Punch, remove Crunch for U-Turn, and Dragon Claw for Outrage. Sadly, Flygon doesn't have a very diverse movepool and his Special Attack is really nothing to be proud of, so that's probably the best set he can have. Instead of this, you could attempt using a Muscle Band and use it for late-game sweep via Tailwind, but I think it would benefit more from the Choice Band's power.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    For Rotom, it should probably be a Rotom-A... It really can't do much without the speed boost, since it's slow and very frail. Thus, if you really want to use a normal Rotom, it needs a Choice Scarf. Since it can use Trick, you should totally use Trick so that it gives them a Choice Item they don't want. That's an effective way to break Walls such as Blissey or Chansey, since they won't be very happy about being locked into an attack and losing the Leftovers or Eviolite. After that, give it Volt Switch. Volt Switch is useful for keeping momentum by still dealing damage and allowing you to switch out for a better offensive Pokemon to finish of the walls you've started to break, and Infernape is extremely useful for breaking down Chansey and Blissey. Third move should be Shadow Ball so that you have a decent STAB attack. There are a few options for the last move. If you want it to have a good attacking move, you could do Thunderbolt. I'd personally run Ice-type Hidden Power since, aside from Flygon (which would fold to one), you have no coverage over Dragon-types. Thunder Wave can help you to further cripple walls if you want it to be TNT (it begins to make walls crumble). Maybe even Dark Pulse, since no one here seems to cover Ghost-types, albeit Gallade might be better for that by giving it Shadow Sneak.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 12 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 8 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 4 | Battle Requests: 6
    That's a really cool team. Infernape is one of my faves. I also like Gallade and Rotom in its normal form. As a suggestion, I would get rid of a guillotine on Haxorus and replace it with either swords dance or earthquake. I've been swept plenty of times by a Haxorus who set up on swords dance. The earthquake could be used to take advantage of it's ability mold breaker. Secondly, you could replace psychic with psycho cut on Gallade as he's more an Attacker Pokemon.

Other than that, I think it's a sturdy team. All the best with it!
    Poison Type Veteran

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    There is two problems with what you suggest. first i need a fly pokemon or a flying type move on my team and black doesn't have a move tutor. i really wish black/white had a good move tutor like hg/ss
    ~Linux Mint~

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    yeah black does have a move tutor i believe, its in mistraliton city, where the move familys house it, im sure you can find it

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i don't think black 1 does. i have been there and i go there all the time to relearn moves
    ~Linux Mint~

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    oh i guess your right it is the move "relearner" but not tutor, yeah your right that is quite strange

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    They normally just give move tutors to the remakes, like Diamond and Pearl didn't have move tutors, only Platinum did. Also, you don't actually need a Flying-type move; Fire Punch would cover Grass and Bug, and Psycho Blade would cover Fighting, which means you cover everything a Flying-type covers anyways.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    no I mean I need a fly pokemon. I get really annoyed having to go back to the pokecenter every time I need to fly.
    ~Linux Mint~

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    yeah i know what you mean, i just dont like wasting a move spot for fly....

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by 124mew View Post
    no I mean I need a fly pokemon. I get really annoyed having to go back to the pokecenter every time I need to fly.
    To be competitive I think you really need to just deal with that tbh, albeit it really is annoying. I normally don't leave Nimbasa since I do like everything there but when I do need to fly it's hard to hunt for a Fly Pokemon. It's also inconvenient on a team though, cuz they can just switch into a Pokemon that resists you while you're in the sky.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    well If I need better moves i can switch later because right now I am going the elite four over and over
    ~Linux Mint~

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    update! what do you think of it now?
    ~Linux Mint~

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i think the team is cool i would probably have fire blast [ i u want a mixape] or flareblitz for fun though they have side effects its better for u to take the risk

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I think my team is good for now. I'm not a compitetive battler
    ~Linux Mint~