Thread: E'V Training Help Question,

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Question E'V Training Help Question,

hello everyone,, i recently aquired a hasty Chimchar, and i would like to e'v train him, i was going to start off by giving him speed and attack boosting vitamins, but when i tried it says that it has no effect, he is still lv.1 so i was wondering what happened, and on another note, what brace should i give him to hold to help his training, and lastly what pokemon should i battle with, to gain speed and attack , thank you in advance - if you need any more info, just ask!
    Last edited by Lord Of Storms; 06-24-2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: additional information

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    You 'acquired' him? That sounds like you traded for him. So perhaps the previous trainer had already used items to max out his EV's.
    (-o-) ¨(`o˛)¨ (-o-)

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow270 View Post
    hello everyone,, i recently aquired a hasty Chimchar, and i would like to e'v train him, i was going to start off by giving him speed and attack boosting vitamins, but when i tried it says that it has no effect, he is still lv.1 so i was wondering what happened, and on another note, what brace should i give him to hold to help his training, and lastly what pokemon should i battle with, to gain speed and attack , thank you in advance - if you need any more info, just ask!
    Well you can't use the vitamins after it already has 100 EVs, so the previous owner probably used Vitamins already on him. I forget which bracer you need.. I believe it's the Power Bracer for Attack and the Power Anklet for Speed, but I'd double check that. Patrat and Lillipup on Route 1 for Attack and Basculin for Speed.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    oh ok thank you and to be correct for myself his E'Vs are unviewable right?

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow270 View Post
    oh ok thank you and to be correct for myself his E'Vs are unviewable right?
    Yeah you can't see his EVs. The only way to know is to count them as it gains them, use Serebii's IV/EV Calculator (You would need to know the IVs for that though), or by using Pokecheck.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    oh ok thank you thats what i assumed but just to be sure, thank you thats all needed to know