Thread: Heart Gold Shiny Glitch or Not?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Heart Gold Shiny Glitch or Not?

okay so I have played through heart gold 4 times and I was on the 16th gym when the weirdest thing happened. the trainer that has a stantler, threw stantler out and it was shiny!! I couldn't catch it and was forced to defeat it.
    is this a glitch or can this happen?
    ~Linux Mint~

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 138 | Offers: 152 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    are you absolutly sure, im not doubting you but i have never heard of this lol, that is pretty strange, but i guess its cool ( except for you srry ), but congrats on finding a new glitch ( i guess )

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    well that might be from using way to many Action replay codes on heart gold. i didn't have it in but a lot codes may have had some effect
    ~Linux Mint~

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Trainers all have a slight chance of having Shiny Pokemon when you battle them. If you Soft Reset in front of a trainer enough, they might have a shiny. I believe the odds are the same as finding a wild shiny.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    oh well then i have the worst luck. i have never found a shiny in 4th gen and when no i finally found one and i can't catch it???
    ~Linux Mint~

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Ouch that's got to suck. But yeah, you have the same chance of finding a shiny in the wild as finding a trainer with a shiny.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It isn't a glitch, every pokemon that appears in-game in a battle has an equal chance of being a shiny.