Thread: My Hail Team

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 71 | Offers: 68 | Wishlist Items: 16 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

My Hail Team

Hey guys, i was wondering if my hail team is good enough or if iit needs some changes.

Abomasnow - Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Blizzard

Jynx - Psychic, Blizzard, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind

Weavile - Ice Shard, Ice Punch, Night Slash, Low Kick

Lapras - Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, Toxic

Mamoswine - Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Earthquake, Stealth Rock

Rotom-F - Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 24 | Offers: 69 | Wishlist Items: 20 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    You could use a glaceon. That way ot would evade attacks in hail
    Darkness And Light Collide!
    -Voltaradragoness!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 71 | Offers: 68 | Wishlist Items: 16 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    yeah, that might work, ill experiment and see. thanks.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 197 | Offers: 306 | Wishlist Items: 39 | Wishlist Offers: 29 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    For Glaceon, I'd use;

Choice Specs
    Ice Body
    Modest
    Moveset
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Hidden Power Ground
    ~ Signal Beam
    ~ Baton Pass / Frost Breath
    EVs
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Your Friendly neighbourhood Pory... *Yawn* Zzz.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I'd like to start by applauding you for taking on the challenge of a Hail Team, these things are tough to pull off.

This looks like a pretty fair and balanced team. what sucks about Hail is that only Ice-types can really abuse it, unlike the diversity Sun and Rain get. I'd be able to write less if you gave EVs, but here it is:

Jynx and Weavile pair fairly, I suppose, but they're both physically frail, and you don't really have a Pokemon that can cover their weaknesses.

I recommend you make room for Froslass somewhere. 1)She's an excellent suicide lead, as she gets Spikes and can Destiny Bond her opponents to death with her and 2) If you keep her alive, she makes an excellent counter for the Fighting-type weakness, since she's immune.

Lapras should have Lightningrod and be purely invested in HP and Special Defense to abuse it's greatness as a bulky fish.

Rotom wants max HP and Defense investment, to act as a partner to Lapras. Volt Switch is a good option for him, btw.

I'd say use a Flying-type to counter Rotom's Ground weakness. With a Flying-type to go with Froslass, Lightningrod Lapras, and Rotom-F, you have a good core.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 71 | Offers: 68 | Wishlist Items: 16 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    thanks for all the help guys, ill make the following changes to my team.

and also glalie, Lapras cannot have Lightningrod :/ and rotom has levitate
    Last edited by Veteran Tailfire; 11-12-2013 at 01:03 AM.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma Shawn Froste View Post
    thanks for all the help guys, ill make the following changes to my team.

and also glalie, Lapras cannot have Lightningrod :/ and rotom has levitate
    I think Tony means Water Absorb. And it should only have Levitate, it'd be hacked otherwise.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 71 | Offers: 68 | Wishlist Items: 16 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    thats alright then, as my lapras has water absorb.