Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo's putting its foot down

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 197 | Offers: 306 | Wishlist Items: 39 | Wishlist Offers: 29 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Nintendo's putting its foot down

Apparently hackers will now have no choice but to either give up on 6th gen or play it legitly after Nintendo have announced that if you hack the game it'll automatically shut down forever... What do you guys think about this?
    Last edited by Porygon-ZZZ; 07-01-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    Your Friendly neighbourhood Pory... *Yawn* Zzz.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 24 | Offers: 69 | Wishlist Items: 20 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    0.0 Dang nentendo.....
    Darkness And Light Collide!
    -Voltaradragoness!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Woahh....man.
    I am the beast of the pokemon world! BECOME SWALLOWED BY A SEA OF FLAME!

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 24 | Offers: 69 | Wishlist Items: 20 | Wishlist Offers: 11 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Exactly
    Darkness And Light Collide!
    -Voltaradragoness!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1203 | Offers: 242 | Wishlist Items: 196 | Wishlist Offers: 32 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    For one I'm happy to hear it. It's about time they stopped people from hacking and this a good way to do it.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 95 | Offers: 431 | Wishlist Items: 10 | Wishlist Offers: 49 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    im happy with that
    "You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! ! If anyone can, it's you."

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Interesting. I'd like to know three things:

1. Did Nintendo define what kind of hackers would be shut down? As in AR hackers or DNS hackers?

2. If a person who DNS hacks and makes them as legit as possible (such as people from Smogon who I've seen to have done so) how would Nintendo actually identify them? I could understand if it was the major hacking problem in Gen 5 when someone would trade you a shiny and it was hacked (Happened to me too often. Still got the first shiny hack I was given of a Dodrio) but could they be identified elsewhere?

3. Is there an article on BNN or somewhere of the sort to accompany this? I'm curious to read more.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It's about time, really. Now we don't need to worry about facing hacks and more importantly, maybe people will stop the stupid thing about asking for level 1 legends on the GTS >.<
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Ha!!!now those idiots cant show me all there hacked shinies and leave gts negotiations....
    But man.....
    "I will find you, Sasuke!"

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 39 | Offers: 42 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yeah, I kind of doubt this is quite possible. Good hackers will still be able to cheat without getting caught, and I would like to know what you mean by Nintendo saying their game will automatically "shut-down". Can anyone provide a link to Nintendo actually providing these statements?

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Neko the Inevitable View Post
    Yeah, I kind of doubt this is quite possible. Good hackers will still be able to cheat without getting caught, and I would like to know what you mean by Nintendo saying their game will automatically "shut-down". Can anyone provide a link to Nintendo actually providing these statements?
    I concur.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It is unfortunate that Amy has kinda misinformed us with this news. If you'd like to read the actual article you can here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...aw_on_cheaters (Thanks to Damian for providing the link.)

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Going by the link Nick posted, this means that your save file will be corrupted if you use a hack. Basically, for those of you who've never had a corrupted save file before, it means you lose your data and have to start all over. But like Neko said, if there's a good hacker out there, he'll still be able to hack without a problem. But you need to remember that most hackers suck at it. They give you the location "---------------" and put 00000 as the TID sometimes. That's really bad. Also, I learned the mechanics of the Pokemon's PID via RNG Manipulation, and if someone makes a Shiny with max IVs and EVs, the game will recognize the corrupted PID (Because that is virtually impossible to get max IVs and Shiny with a safe PID) and will then react appropriately. What I mean to say is that you have to be an absolutely perfect hacker to accomplish this. You'd have to put so much time into hacking that you may as well just train a legit Pokemon. Very few hackers can hack "legitimately" and if they do, who cares about a perfectly legit Pokemon being there anyways? It's not like it's a WonderEye or anything ridiculous like that. Anyways, this is how Nintendo currently keeps hackers off RMU and DW, for those of you that didn't know this feature was live in 5th gen too. They also, occasionally, run a PID check at competitions to check for hacks. In fact I believe they run a legality analysis with any Shiny brought to VGC.

This rule was always sort of there, the new feature is just the corruption of the save file. It's like that law that's there but nobody really followed until it hit the news. Ie, In New Jersey you need to honk and bikers and joggers when you drive past them (seriously, look it up. I live here and it never happens) but since no one cares, no one follows it and no one gets arrested for it. Just a fine if the cop needs to fill his ticket quota, but the cops honestly don't care about that law either (it is stupid I will get made if someone honks at me while I'm running). But if someone got hit by a car because the car didn't honk, it would become a big deal and they'd take it seriously and start cracking down on it. You can figure out how that relates to the games and the rule about hacking I won't explain that I think it's straightforward enough...
    Last edited by TheManyFacesOfGlalie; 07-01-2013 at 10:58 PM.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i think its good nintendo is doing it. no more only finding hacked pokemon on the gts
    ~Linux Mint~

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantFletchling View Post
    Because that is virtually impossible to get max IVs and Shiny with a safe PID
    The problem here is that if it's virtually impossible it means it's technically possible to naturally occur and Nintendo won't be able to ban them or else they'll corrupt innocent save games.

I don't personally think they're actually going to corrupt save games, I think they're just stating "hacking may corrupt a save" in a slightly different way to make people think they're going to lose their data so don't risk it. Also, as previously stated, Nintendo can't tell if a Pokemon is hacked if it's hacked right.

Unfortunately for everyone (or at least everyone who doesn't like hacks), hacking will still be a common occurrence in Gen 6 and beyond.