Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo's putting its foot down

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I guess thats true because if that naturally happens games will randomly crash all the time and nintendo won't sell very many copys of that game
    ~Linux Mint~

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 9 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I honestly don't care. I personally don't use hacks.
    #needsmega

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Nintendo's been saying the same thing for years. Hack and your game info could be corrupted and blah blah blah. This is nothing but a reiteration. Anyone who hacks poorly enough will ruin their game. It's been that way since the beginning of gaming and electronic technology. Messing with your game always has and always will threaten your game's data, bit it is never a guarantee. Always has been that way, and always will. If you think anything's gonna change, you're in for a surprise, because it's not. Nintendo's just trying to instill a little fear. The hackers are laughing their butts off at Nintendo and anyone who thinks hacking will be stopped.
    Last edited by GaryEhffinJoaker; 07-02-2013 at 01:56 AM.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well they didn't bluff with 5th gen, where now the DW and RMU ban you for using bad PIDs (hacks). If it's a Shiny you also need to have a legit TID and SID, so you kind of can't have a badly hacked Shiny at all in DW or RMU. But I see what you mean, hackers just avoid those if they're not good but they can still play if they are good hackers. With 6th gen that probably is just a warning, but we never know. They did crack down on hack eggs where a Bad Egg will ruin your game though, so maybe they aren't bluffing completely. Maybe there will be something to prevent you from receiving Pokegens from the GTS? I guess we really don't know.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 9 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Interesting article. It's only a matter of time until people hack Gen 6 games so I'm pretty sure we'll still see hacked mons fairly often. Also they're working on implementing a Pokemon transfer so old hacked pokemon will be in XY as well (unless there's a check when transferring or something like that).
    Let's see if they change the random number generator and all the hidden values. They already said they want to make IVs and EVs more accesible for the player, maybe they're making it easier so that hacking doesn't pay off anymore lol.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 6 | Battle Requests: 11
    i dislike hackers as much as everyone else here however sadly there is a draw back to this legality wise however, when you buy a game it also includes the rights to said game (this is why if you own a game and it is destroyed then you can legally own a rom of it without it being considered pirated by law) but this also means that you legally have the right to hack your own game and that by doing this Nintendo will be partaking in destruction of privet property. they have made threats like this in the past for instance they tried doing it with the 3DS to stop the production of homebrew apps and it got shot down, they can make it harder to hack but if they do this they will be breaking the law so you can expect this to ether be cut from production or heavily revised as this will be seen as a violation of rights by many (even if they are hackers the law still sees them as people with rights :/)

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i hear u [ i had hacked before ] i think nintendo should not take our rights away wat if one random guy in x/y has a hackmon on gts or watever its called and u recieve it and the game shuts down forever with all ur legendaries from 3 -5 i will cry for about ever this is just to harsh for anyone

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiDice View Post
    i dislike hackers as much as everyone else here however sadly there is a draw back to this legality wise however, when you buy a game it also includes the rights to said game (this is why if you own a game and it is destroyed then you can legally own a rom of it without it being considered pirated by law) but this also means that you legally have the right to hack your own game and that by doing this Nintendo will be partaking in destruction of privet property. they have made threats like this in the past for instance they tried doing it with the 3DS to stop the production of homebrew apps and it got shot down, they can make it harder to hack but if they do this they will be breaking the law so you can expect this to ether be cut from production or heavily revised as this will be seen as a violation of rights by many (even if they are hackers the law still sees them as people with rights :/)
    I kind of see what you're saying... When you buy the game, it's your property, so why shouldn't you be allowed to hack it? Yes? The thing about Pokemon is that the games exchange data, which is unique for a video game. Name any other game where something can be sent from one game to another like this... I'm thinking they're not doing it to keep everyone from hacking, they want to prevent other people from receiving hacks via GTS, etc. I'm sure they wouldn't care about hacks if the games remained parallel to each other (meaning you could never trade). On that note, maybe this reinforcement will be something as simple as a stronger filter on the GTS to prevent hacks from going in, and other similar things. Nintendo/Game Freak hasn't said much regarding this, after all, so to go off of what I call speculation in an article is a bit silly until we've been given some details from the actual company.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantFletchling View Post
    I kind of see what you're saying... When you buy the game, it's your property, so why shouldn't you be allowed to hack it? Yes? The thing about Pokemon is that the games exchange data, which is unique for a video game. Name any other game where something can be sent from one game to another like this... I'm thinking they're not doing it to keep everyone from hacking, they want to prevent other people from receiving hacks via GTS, etc. I'm sure they wouldn't care about hacks if the games remained parallel to each other (meaning you could never trade). On that note, maybe this reinforcement will be something as simple as a stronger filter on the GTS to prevent hacks from going in, and other similar things. Nintendo/Game Freak hasn't said much regarding this, after all, so to go off of what I call speculation in an article is a bit silly until we've been given some details from the actual company.
    Problem with that is that what if the person doesn't mind a hacked Pokemon from GTS or trade and has to suffer losing data due to an event that only comes out once every two or so years and they missed on it but want that Pokemon? It does impede on the gamer's right to hack. They make the pokemon hard to obtain outside of trading and events. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't want hacks, but if they gamer wants to hack, they should be allowed to. In a perfect world, hackers would be honest about letting people know they have hacks, and this wouldn't be a problem.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryeffinOak View Post
    Problem with that is that what if the person doesn't mind a hacked Pokemon from GTS or trade and has to suffer losing data due to an event that only comes out once every two or so years and they missed on it but want that Pokemon? It does impede on the gamer's right to hack. They make the pokemon hard to obtain outside of trading and events. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't want hacks, but if they gamer wants to hack, they should be allowed to. In a perfect world, hackers would be honest about letting people know they have hacks, and this wouldn't be a problem.
    Yes, but those that do mind getting hacks from the GTS have no way of knowing, so it's not really fair that they have a chance at harming their game without it being their fault. But yes, if someone wants to hack their game, that's up to them. They can hack it all they want.. The only problem with hacking is hackers that use the GTS and other such things that can corrupt the games of those who choose not to hack, so like you said, they should be honest about hacks, but that doesn't solve the GTS problem since you can't label it as a hack in the GTS
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantFletchling View Post
    Yes, but those that do mind getting hacks from the GTS have no way of knowing, so it's not really fair that they have a chance at harming their game without it being their fault. But yes, if someone wants to hack their game, that's up to them. They can hack it all they want.. The only problem with hacking is hackers that use the GTS and other such things that can corrupt the games of those who choose not to hack, so like you said, they should be honest about hacks, but that doesn't solve the GTS problem since you can't label it as a hack in the GTS
    Yeah that's what I'm saying. The hackers have the right to hack. I mean, ARs are sold in gaming stores, so realistically, it's ridiculous to punish hackers when the objects they're using to hack are available for sale. That's actually really strange when you think about it. Hackers need to be honest about their hacking, and the GTS should make a function to note that a hack is available or something. Of course, then there are those who will hack to the extreme and make something that will ruin the game. So, hacking should come with a warning about the dangers, not really a punishment or an active pursuit to mess with the game's files by the makers. Sure theirs other sites and things not for sale that can hack a game, too, but when hacking is available for purchase, it's a contradiction to punish them for it. It's the users money, after all.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The easiest thing with the GTS is that if a Pokemon is going to "ruin a save" (if that's actually going to happen), don't allow it on the GTS. I'd rather the GTS be hack free and hack trading kept one-on-one.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    all i hope is the gts won't only be things like Vulpix lv 27 wanted zekrom lv 9 and under
    ~Linux Mint~

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 1 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    true i saw an excradrill both shiny and not for that same offer it was too stupid i cant even believe there are zekroms like that any way
    if they want to do that they should give the gamer like a three time warning sign that flashes all in the gamers face and resets the game to the last saved point before he/she hacked .
    Last edited by samueln; 07-08-2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: typo

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well like Justin said, AR is sold in stores. It could even be considered illegal for Nintendo to ruin games because of a hack, but I think I the GTS should either not allow hacks at all or have some kind of label that says that it's a hack, and maybe even a filter option that asks if you don't want to find hacks in your search results, which is exactly what Justin said, but with that it's a matter of the hacker's honesty, though. The only way for the GTS to ensure that hacks aren't being labelled as legit is for it to have a filter that labels the Pokemon automatically, otherwise you still have people that would lie about hacking. And actually, I believe AR has a warning on the back of the package that says it can corrupt save files and is not approved by Nintendo, right? I think it says something like that... I'm positive it warns you that it can ruin your save file though. I know it ruined my Diamond game once (which is why I no longer hack). Theoretically, if Nintendo were to make the games more sensitive to hacks (since they allow a lot of extra data right now) then it would technically be the hacker's fault, because AR even warns about ruining games. In all reality... A hacker can do a lot that a legitimate trainer can't do. A hacker can put 255 EVs into every stat, give every Attack a certain amount of PP that's ridiculously high, and even give them 1,000 for every stat. The games allow for that extra data, only gameplay prevents it from occurring. If Game Freak were to remove the room for this extra data, which may be their system for stopping hacks if this is true, then a hack can completely ruin a game and it would be the hacker's fault for doing something illegitimately. This wouldn't prevent hacking entirely though, but it would prevent overpowered hack monsters with impossible attacks from being in the games, which is still good enough I guess.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK