Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo's putting its foot down

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantFletchling View Post
    Well like Justin said, AR is sold in stores. It could even be considered illegal for Nintendo to ruin games because of a hack, but I think I the GTS should either not allow hacks at all or have some kind of label that says that it's a hack, and maybe even a filter option that asks if you don't want to find hacks in your search results, which is exactly what Justin said, but with that it's a matter of the hacker's honesty, though. The only way for the GTS to ensure that hacks aren't being labelled as legit is for it to have a filter that labels the Pokemon automatically, otherwise you still have people that would lie about hacking. And actually, I believe AR has a warning on the back of the package that says it can corrupt save files and is not approved by Nintendo, right? I think it says something like that... I'm positive it warns you that it can ruin your save file though. I know it ruined my Diamond game once (which is why I no longer hack). Theoretically, if Nintendo were to make the games more sensitive to hacks (since they allow a lot of extra data right now) then it would technically be the hacker's fault, because AR even warns about ruining games. In all reality... A hacker can do a lot that a legitimate trainer can't do. A hacker can put 255 EVs into every stat, give every Attack a certain amount of PP that's ridiculously high, and even give them 1,000 for every stat. The games allow for that extra data, only gameplay prevents it from occurring. If Game Freak were to remove the room for this extra data, which may be their system for stopping hacks if this is true, then a hack can completely ruin a game and it would be the hacker's fault for doing something illegitimately. This wouldn't prevent hacking entirely though, but it would prevent overpowered hack monsters with impossible attacks from being in the games, which is still good enough I guess.
    i Agree with that if somebody hacks and there game crashes its there fault. only bad thing is if hackers put hacked mons on the gts and it gets to somebody elses game. theres a problem there because there file may corrupt and they dont hacke
    ~Linux Mint~

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickMaster View Post
    i Agree with that if somebody hacks and there game crashes its there fault. only bad thing is if hackers put hacked mons on the gts and it gets to somebody elses game. theres a problem there because there file may corrupt and they dont hacke
    Well if what I said happens and the extra game data is removed, which is more possible with today's technology than it was even back in 2010/2011 when Black and White were first released, which is a short time if you think about it, but have much more accurate editing software now so it's easier to delete/move extra data, which will in turn prevent hacking, because most hackers rely on that extra data. There is a Location programmed into 5th gen games that is literally a bunch of squares (I'd like to assume they are foreign letters that we don't have programmed into English games), and it's never used, but hackers can use it all they want.There is room for more EVs and even more room for stats than the game would naturally allow, which is why removing the data would curve the problem with the hackers.
    But just like editing software is getting better for Hex data (data that runs Pokemon games), it's getting better for hacking. Pokegen sends a signal identical to the signal the GTS sends out when you are ready to receive a Pokemon, for example, which means the games actually have no means of knowing it's a hack if it's done well enough. Assuming Pokegen will exist again in 6th gen, this problem won't go away completely, but if extra data is removed it means the hacks will completely corrupt the games to an extreme level unless you hack "legitimately", which often times isn't considered worth the time for hackers. If this is true AR may not even work on the games anymore, or at the very least not as well as they do now. Especially with 3D graphics now, they can essentially remove areas that are not programmed into the game's data (this is due to a third dimension making it easier to "cut corner" when they create the maps). In the end, if this is true, the most they can do is make the games more easily corruptible.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I think you guys might have misread the article. No where in the article does it explicitly state that in X and Y the file will automatically corrupt if any form of hacking is implemented. The article does state, however, "should anyone be found using what it calls an 'illegal Pokémon' at a tournament they will automatically be disqualified and will not be able to compete in any future events.

What makes things even worse is that you could even corrupt the save file of the trainer you're playing against and Nintendo and the Pokémon Company have both said they cannot restore the file to normal."

"Could" implying that it's a risk. Not implying that file corruption is an automatic anti-hacking precaution.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Or people can just play the game as it was meant to be and not cheat. It give much more satisfaction to raise a Pokemon to lvl 100 yourself through EVs and finding shinies randomly (or through Masuda or any legitimate ways of getting them) in the wild. But I guess I just will never understand why people hack -.-
    Follow Pokebay on Facebook & Twitter for up-to-date news, giveaways, and more!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu146 View Post
    Or people can just play the game as it was meant to be and not cheat. It give much more satisfaction to raise a Pokemon to lvl 100 yourself through EVs and finding shinies randomly (or through Masuda or any legitimate ways of getting them) in the wild. But I guess I just will never understand why people hack -.-
    I believe it is as those who hack know that they are notactually good enough to train Pokemon professionally or cannot spend the time to trade to complete the Pokedex, or get shinies

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 290 | Offers: 509 | Wishlist Items: 26 | Wishlist Offers: 43 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I think its smart of Nintendo to ban hackers because in my time of trading I have easily got a lot of hacked pokemon from trades and I don't like them

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Awesome
    A day making you happy is a day making you wise

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Like Gaming Master 2000 said, they're not going to corrupt a save file just because someone is hacking, and honestly there is no reason too, i agree its a thorn in my side when i trade a legit shiny for some hacked pokemon, but there is no reason to corrupt the file, now i could see them going around with a "confiscation" of hacked pokemon or something around those lines of punishment such as a temporary ban, but i highly doubt that they are going to corrupt a save file over a hack that wont affect the game by too much, now if you have a pikachu that can fly or surf (not counting special event pokemon) there would be a problem, but as long as no one is hacking to get KO's with splash, i'm not really worried about hacking

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 133 | Offers: 383 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well what'll happen if u don't know u have a hacked Pokemon and u transfer it to X or Y what will a person do then

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeholic321 View Post
    Well what'll happen if u don't know u have a hacked Pokemon and u transfer it to X or Y what will a person do then
    Pokecheck all the pokemon you did not personally catch. Better to be safe than sorry.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Perfect IV's is the most common red flag that it's hacked

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 16 | Offers: 39 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Snorting View Post
    Perfect IV's is the most common red flag that it's hacked
    Not true. Rng is an extremely easy way to get perfect IVS legitimately. Thats the reason pokémon with perfect IVS are so easy to come across now days.
    1947 wins 11 losses--- Last competition entered : Belfast finished 1st place
    What separates me from the general public is that they want to be the best, like no one ever was. I am the best like no one ever was.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Now, if they'd just make it impossible to ask for impossible things on GTS... Like a lvl 1 Shaymin... I swear, stuff like that just ticks me off!
    (-o-) ¨(`o˛)¨ (-o-)

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 11 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    will it shut down if you traded people for gts pokemon

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by omar003 View Post
    will it shut down if you traded people for gts pokemon
    It doesn't shut down as such.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.