Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo's putting its foot down

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Are they going to shut down all this RNG nonsense since it is an exploitation of game programming?

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 46 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I think Nintendo wouldn't beable to do it because what if a person has a hacked pokemon they got in a trade and tries to transfer what would they do and Nintendo wouldn't beable to tell if all pokemon are hacked or now since there is so many but that's my thinking for I have never hacked but sadly I have received hacks from people who tricked me

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Electryk View Post
    Are they going to shut down all this RNG nonsense since it is an exploitation of game programming?
    Probably not because RNG is actually able to be more legal than Action Replay and any Pokemon Creation Program on computer or the PokeBuilder iOS app.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    My point is you are still exploiting programming to gain an unfair edge over honest breeders that put in work for good IVs. But its whatever the convenience of dishonesty wins because people just want to dominate in the meta.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Electryk View Post
    My point is you are still exploiting programming to gain an unfair edge over honest breeders that put in work for good IVs. But its whatever the convenience of dishonesty wins because people just want to dominate in the meta.
    It's a proven thing that Nintendo actually has nothing against it, because if we look back, a very famous World Championship Runner-Up from 2012 used RNG Pokemon, A.K.A Wolfe Glick. Now Wolfey maintains the same amount of respect as he would if he had been the runner-up without RNG Pokemon. And it seems that the people who battle him on a daily basis over at Nugget Bridge (Where I had the pleasure of meeting him and the 2010, 2011 and 2012 World Champion Ray Rizzo) seem to care less that he RNGs teams. But the fact he told officials at the 2012 World Championships and they didn't care about it. And he got 2nd in the world that year. And most of the people who he beat (Who are also on Nugget Bridge) were happy for him to get 2nd.
    So I don't think it's as big an issue as PokeGen or Action Replay like Nintendo are thinking of when they say statements about hacked/corrupted games.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Nick View Post
    It's a proven thing that Nintendo actually has nothing against it, because if we look back, a very famous World Championship Runner-Up from 2012 used RNG Pokemon, A.K.A Wolfe Glick. Now Wolfey maintains the same amount of respect as he would if he had been the runner-up without RNG Pokemon. And it seems that the people who battle him on a daily basis over at Nugget Bridge (Where I had the pleasure of meeting him and the 2010, 2011 and 2012 World Champion Ray Rizzo) seem to care less that he RNGs teams. But the fact he told officials at the 2012 World Championships and they didn't care about it. And he got 2nd in the world that year. And most of the people who he beat (Who are also on Nugget Bridge) were happy for him to get 2nd.
    So I don't think it's as big an issue as PokeGen or Action Replay like Nintendo are thinking of when they say statements about hacked/corrupted games.
    I agree 100%. If RNG was illegitimate because it exploits the programming to gain an edge, then so would Shiny breeding, IV breeding, Shiny hunting, etc, because to be able to do these things you need to have some knowledge of the game's programming. Maybe not nearly as much as RNG uses, being an RNG user myself, but knowledge of game mechanics makes these things a lot easier. One could even argue the same thing for Soft Resetting legendary battles.
    (I don't know how well I explained what I mean :P)

Anyways, the feature of Pokemon Bank prevents you from transferring hacks now! That means the hackers are gonna have a tough time when 6th gen rolls around.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 227 | Offers: 206 | Wishlist Items: 51 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    the reason rng isnt hacking is because it is in game while hacking means using a external device (action replay, pokemon app thing).
    ~Linux Mint~

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 9 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    RNG does not directly affect the game. A calculator-like tool is used to get the perfect timing. Of course the knowledge that was needed to create the tool comes from hacking but that won't matter since the Pokemon and the game engine are not edited at all.
    The question is, will Gamefreak find a way to recognize RNG'd mons and add a block to the bank? I don't think so. But we'll see.
    Personally I'd welcome the idea of a game without hacked mons.

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by reshilegend View Post
    Personally I'd welcome the idea of a game without hacked mons.
    That's all I'm trying to say!

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 6 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    i would rather have people make hacacked rom on the pc for their hackmon, keep it off the game

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The question is, will Gamefreak find a way to recognize RNG'd mons and add a block to the bank? I don't think so. But we'll see.
    It's basically impossible though, because the only thing 'wrong' with an RNG mon is the date and time, but that's not traceable. The only way it could possibly be traceable is if your date is a date before 3rd gen's release, since Pokemon can travel from 3rd gen, and I doubt they'd make a filter for that.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 9 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantFletchling View Post
    It's basically impossible though, because the only thing 'wrong' with an RNG mon is the date and time, but that's not traceable. The only way it could possibly be traceable is if your date is a date before 3rd gen's release, since Pokemon can travel from 3rd gen, and I doubt they'd make a filter for that.
    Yeah, changing the date on your DS doesn't automatically make you a cheater so that's certainly not a criteria for the hack check.
    Just wondering, you couldn't change the date on GBAs right?

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yeah, changing the date on your DS doesn't automatically make you a cheater so that's certainly not a criteria for the hack check.
    Just wondering, you couldn't change the date on GBAs right?
    Actually yeah you're right! So that means it is pretty much entirely untraceable then.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 17 | Offers: 29 | Wishlist Items: 12 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Would pokemon's that were havked in previous versions count in that issue?
    I have a shiny rayquaza I caught in my heartgold version and I want to transfer it to X, would it affect it?

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by haha^36 View Post
    Would pokemon's that were havked in previous versions count in that issue?
    I have a shiny rayquaza I caught in my heartgold version and I want to transfer it to X, would it affect it?
    You could transfer it from HG to B/W/B2/W2 but it's stuffed after that. It'll be eternally trapped in 5th Gen.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram