Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon that can NEVER be shiny. Don't allow yourself to be duped. :)

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingForLegends View Post
    I got a level 100 Deoxys from a trade on here (non-shiny). How do I know if it's legit?
    There's unfortunately no way to verify legitimacy outside of obtaining the Pokémon yourself via legal means. The best you can do is ascertain legality, and there are a few sites out there that offer comprehensive legality checks. Feel free to PM me for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by tefftys View Post
    I don't get why people make such a big deal out of "hacked" pokemon. I used to love using Action Replay back when I was younger.. Without it I wouldn't have been able to get Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus in my copy of Pokemon Pearl .
    And you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I posted this merely to help others avoid getting scammed, as people tend to get upset when they trade away something that took them a great deal of time to obtain in exchange for something that's hacked. What people do within their own games and for their own personal use is of no importance to me - I'm simply trying to help others educate themselves to avoid future frustrations. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ThePreachingOcelot View Post
    I have a Shiny Pichu, but I cannot tell if its ears are pointy or not! It is in a Cherish Ball, and (its Spanish BTW) its OT is PRI2010. I fear its ears are pointy, and it is from the Sinnoh Region DX Is it hacked or legit?
    Spiky-eared Pichu can never leave the save file in which it was obtained, so you should be clear on that front. To see if the OT/TID, ball, and other info match any known events, it's always best to check an event database like this one: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...t_Pok%C3%A9mon. Simply check all of the Spanish Pichu distributions and see if yours matches up.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have updated this thread to include all shiny-locked Pokémon from 6th generation games.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 57 | Offers: 82 | Wishlist Items: 23 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Astral Vapors View Post
    I have updated this thread to include all shiny-locked Pokémon from 6th generation games.
    Mewtwo from the Unknown Dungeon can't be shiny? I got a shiny mewtwo from someone on here and put it up for trade on here. I was told by someone else that it had a slight chance of being legit. I should have known to come back and check this thread for updates... I only found out that Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygrade couldn't be shiny from a friend. I PM'ed the person telling them it was hacked, but now I'm upset b/c I traded a legit shiny for it... I really should have reread this sooner.... and it had the blue pentagon. I have a picture of it on my phone.
    Last edited by Katarina; 06-05-2014 at 04:32 AM.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 115 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    Mewtwo from the Unknown Dungeon can't be shiny? I got a shiny mewtwo from someone on here and put it up for trade on here. I was told by someone else that it had a slight chance of being legit. I should have known to come back and check this thread for updates... I only found out that Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygrade couldn't be shiny from a friend. I PM'ed the person telling them it was hacked, but now I'm upset b/c I traded a legit shiny for it... I really should have reread this sooner.... and it had the blue pentagon. I have a picture of it on my phone.
    Unfortunately, blue pentagon is no longer worth anything in terms of legitimacy. Hacking is now easily available for generation VI so there is actually no way of telling if the pokemon is really legit or not anymore.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 71 | Offers: 820 | Wishlist Items: 152 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    you can get a ligit mew in english mew from emerald link share data from the japan emerald or any 3 gen geme that has the old sea map

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by keyblade View Post
    you can get a ligit mew in english mew from emerald link share data from the japan emerald or any 3 gen geme that has the old sea map
    I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but that is patently untrue. Shiny Mew is ONLY available via the Old Sea Map event, which was distributed exclusively to Japanese Emerald games. Of course it's possible to hack the event into an English game, but that would obviously render the Pokémon obtained from said event hacked as well. Please don't make baseless claims unless you've done the necessary research to substantiate them.

----

Also, hello again everyone! I've just updated the OP with some information regarding the Powersaves device for the 3DS, as well as a list of hacked Wondercards for 6th generation games. I hope all of you are well, and feel free to message me anytime if you have questions. I've not been playing Pokémon much these days, but am still researching when I can and will always do my best to keep you up to date on everything.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by tefftys View Post
    I don't get why people make such a big deal out of "hacked" pokemon. I used to love using Action Replay back when I was younger.. Without it I wouldn't have been able to get Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus in my copy of Pokemon Pearl .
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
    It's fine if you like hacked pokemon, but some people just don't like the cheating to get it. I could have hacked the games to get Jirachi but i waited years instead and I appreciate it more b/c i waited for it I don't like hacked pokemon, b/c i don't like how people didn't make an effort or were too impatient (in my opinion, no offense to anyone!) to get it.
    Katarina's reason seems to be the most common reason players have for avoiding hacked pokemon, but not everyone sees it that way, and there are certainly other reasons to be careful when trading. For me, it comes down to the games' own filters; I picked up a shiny English Mew that my game and the Pokebank think is legit, but if future software has better anti-hack software and screams "FAKE!" when I try to transfer it, then I don't really have a shiny Mew, do I? Cloning still doesn't matter, because those are indistinguishable from legit, but avoiding hacked stuff now means less frustration later.

Astral Vapors: Thank you so much for posting all this! I winced more than once while reading it, because, well... shiny English Mew, shiny Kalos birds, my shiny Darkrai and shiny Shaymin are probably both hacked... I clearly have a lot more research to do. And I had no idea that Jirachi can be shiny even as a glitch, or that resetting Y for a shiny Mewtwo has been a total waste of my hours (so many hours). This is information I never found doing a google search, and I'm really grateful. Also to Katarina, for linking this to me!

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 71 | Offers: 820 | Wishlist Items: 152 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    you can now find a shiny zekrom and reshiram

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by keyblade View Post
    you can now find a shiny zekrom and reshiram
    The original post has been updated.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Awesome thread! It should be worth mentioning that Dream Radar pokemon can't be shiny so a shiny Regenerator Ho-Oh or shiny Multiscale Lugia is illegal and that a shiny HB Rayquaza is now only possible via the World Hobby Fair event.

Pikachu Belle Guest
    PokeBay Stats: Trades: | Offers: | Wishlist Items: | Wishlist Offers: | Battles: | Battle Requests:
    With the new Arceus event, the player can now get a shiny Arceus out of the 19 Arceus available. It is totally random! Things you should look out for is that it must be Japanese, level 100 with the moves Judgement/Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon/Earth Power..
    OT: デセルシティ
    ID: 03075
    MUST HAVE PENTAGON
    Last edited by Pikachu Belle; 03-07-2015 at 01:08 PM.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 83 | Offers: 47 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Arceus can be shiny now

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 71 | Offers: 181 | Wishlist Items: 40 | Wishlist Offers: 17 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Hey Astral Vapors, thanks a lot for your thread! It really helped me a lot! I have received from a trade that was organised here a shiny latios and a shiny latias with the OT 10ANNIV that came from emerald, like the original Trainer told me, in a pokeball. It is from France, ID no 06227. They look extremely Legit and flawless, but the only "problem" is that They are shiny. Are They hacked? (I know you have said that the 10 anniversary pokemon can't be shiny, but these pokemon really got me in a doubt )

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 6 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 4 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by FurisodeGirlVGC View Post
    With the new Arceus event, the player can now get a shiny Arceus out of the 19 Arceus available. It is totally random! Things you should look out for is that it must be Japanese, level 100 with the moves Judgement/Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon/Earth Power..
    OT: デセルシティ
    ID: 03075
    MUST HAVE PENTAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by re_os509 View Post
    Arceus can be shiny now
    The OP has been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by igor.mbs View Post
    Hey Astral Vapors, thanks a lot for your thread! It really helped me a lot! I have received from a trade that was organised here a shiny latios and a shiny latias with the OT 10ANNIV that came from emerald, like the original Trainer told me, in a pokeball. It is from France, ID no 06227. They look extremely Legit and flawless, but the only "problem" is that They are shiny. Are They hacked? (I know you have said that the 10 anniversary pokemon can't be shiny, but these pokemon really got me in a doubt )
    Thank you very much for the kind words, and I'm glad I was able to help! As far as addressing your concern, I'll be sending you a private message shortly. It's never my intention to call out the integrity of individual PokeBay traders, so I'd prefer to explain things in a non-public avenue.

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 25 | Offers: 33 | Wishlist Items: 16 | Wishlist Offers: 8 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I had no idea (sarcastically)