Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pocket Monster: The Origin

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It's a four episode special... here's a weird clip of mega charizard vs mewtwo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQa9FBMtMaY

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 14 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaonikasu View Post
    It's a four episode special... here's a weird clip of mega charizard vs mewtwo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQa9FBMtMaY
    heres a link for the 4 special episodes with English subs

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU9K024gAow

part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y2SuGoWKFc

part 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDGQYbOUndE

part 4 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YSmYPhG18o
    At last, after all the hardships, the excitement, the joy, the laughs, the cries, the happy times, the sad times, the memories, the fun, my pokemon journey is finally at an end~Bwave-2k16

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I cant wait
    "I will find you, Sasuke!"

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 3 | Offers: 16 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Lol its about time a main trainer character tries to catch a legendary besides befriending it ( cough cough Ash)
    "I will find you, Sasuke!"

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 3 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Enjoyed the series but I really wish it was longer. The story felt quite crammed up and I really wished to see Red age more throughout the story. Still good though!

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    This mini-series was fairly good. I felt it stuck to the source material very well for the most part.

Episodes 1 and 2 were marvellous. Red's battle with Brock was fantastic, you knew Red would win but it was still nail-bitingly exciting. How he went on and saved Lavender Town from Team Rocket was fantastic. I felt Green's inclusion in this part of the story was unnecessary, but the telling of Cubone's backstory and Marowak's death was so dramatic, I was literally close to tears. I never thought much of it while playing R/B/Y and FR/LG but it was so emotional that it just became absolutely beautiful. 3 was great in the fact it showed so much of Giovanni. It shows how much more cruel and sadistic his character is in the game compared to his counterpart in the world of Ash Ketchum. Blowing up the Silph Building, taunting Red after he defeats his Charizard, and then we see his transition to disband Team Rocket and go on his own journey. Then in Episode Four we got a brief cameo from Lance, an epic showdown between Green and Red at the Pokemon League, and best of all we see Red catching LEGENDARY POKEMON. Keyword for Ash Ketchum here is 'Legendary'. No befriending them just sticking them in balls is good enough for Red. How he battles and captures Mewtwo after it injures Green (nice new addition) but then in this battle the worst thing in this mini-series. Mega Charizard X... Now don't get me wrong, because I freaking love Mega Evolutions, but this is NOT sticking to source material and I hope I'm not alone here when I say, I wanted to see our childhoods reimagined on the small screen. If I wanted to see Mega Evolutions I'd watch the XY anime not Origins. So for me the only thing wrong with the whole mini-series is the little inconsistancies in the story from not sticking to source material 100% of the time.
    Again don't get me wrong, I think the Origins turned out beautifully and if they hadn't made additions like the introduction of the Charizardite X to keep newer fans and the people hooked on X/Y buzz at the time, it'd be one of the best things I have ever watched but while it isn't, it's darn close! One thing I did like was how it ended on a cliffhanger practically, with Red rushing off to try to encounter Mew in hope of getting #151 like everyone was doing when they tried and tried to get Mew to no avail.

The characters are all very unique and interesting, the Team Rocket Members aren't as boring and as similar to one another as their game counterparts they all actually have distinct characteristics and looks so they don't look like Giovanni stuck a guy in a cloning machine. Even some of the townsfolk are interesting and have their own individual personalities too and thank God they say more than like what NPCs in the towns of the series say when you approach them and chat. Giovanni's charactet was great, Green's was spot on, Red was also spot on and other characters like Professor Oak and Mr. Fuji were very nicely characterised too.

My scores for this are as follows:

Storyline: 9/10. (Aside from minor inconsistencies, beautiful. Just beautiful.)

Characters: 10/10 (Extremely accurate depictions of every character in the series that made them feel like they came straight from the game.

Pokemon: 10/10 (All characters have their in-game Pokemon except Red and Green who use interesting mixes of their teams. Cubone was just awesome, wild Pokemon looked stunning. Just amazing.)

Origin-ality (trying to be punny sorry. ): 8.5/10 (Again inconsistencies here and there, especially with the Mega Stone and Green getting badly injured by Mewtwo but by sticking to the source material for the most part, it felt like a modern day retelling of Red/Blue/Yellow. Very well done though.

Overall score: 37.5/40. Verdict: Red is the best like no-one ever was!

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Ranger View Post
    What were you guys expecting? Us fans to get some sort of nostalgia trip down memory lane and actually get some proper fan service?

I laugh. Pokemon Animated now-a-days is cookie cutter dribble that The Pokemon Company slaps together and the under 13 age bracket eats it up. That's what's wrong with Pokemon, they keep trying to keep the series young and immature while its core fanbase is growing up expecting a more mature offering. I'd personally like to see a bit more edgy and violent content in battles and storylines.
    While you may be right above the core fan base growing up, I dont believe pokemon should itself always grow up, What happens when you are 80? You want ask to be 80? I dont think it should work like that.

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 18 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 16 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    my thoughts on this is that it would be nice that they made a special for every generation where both the male and female characters in the games would be the leads in the series, that way when they moved to a new region the series would go around the character that you play.