Thread: Hacked pokemon

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Hacked pokemon

Hi all, I recently got cheated on a few different people on pokebay saying these pokemon were legit but there not. So if anyone has a a good shinys pokemon, I will trade you 3 of each, shiny Latias, shiny charmander, shiny charmander, shiny bulbasaur, shiny squirtle, cloned darkrai, shiny chickarita, shiny quilava, 3 for one shiny legit pokemon, I gave some very amazing pokemon for what I thought were legit it does not matter, you may hate the shiny pokemon and you want to get rid of it. Once I collect all legendary pokemon, I will be able to start battleing
    A day making you happy is a day making you wise

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 8 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Well i got these shinys from a trade do you want them? i just gave the guy squirtles so id be happy to help you its a shiny rattata a shiny bidoof a shiny latios and a shiny combee
    ~Hi!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Yes I would love too

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Prince, I've recently had this same problem and was informed by a staff member that you are obligated to report these people so they can be warned/disciplined about knowingly trading hacked pokemon. However, if they stated they were hacked in the trade notes then you're out of luck.

Talk to DejaVu, that guy will help you right fast.

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 133 | Offers: 383 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have some shinies

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Wobuffet View Post
    Prince, I've recently had this same problem and was informed by a staff member that you are obligated to report these people so they can be warned/disciplined about knowingly trading hacked pokemon. However, if they stated they were hacked in the trade notes then you're out of luck.

Talk to DejaVu, that guy will help you right fast.
    We can't exactly prove that those people knew that those pokes were hacked. And lying is so easy online. We usually have to keep an eye out for a while for those people we've got reports on. Sometimes it may be kind of useless to infract someone, since those who have traded out hacked pokemon often leave the site, later returning with a different IP. Of course someone may say "it's obvious that he knows that he's trading hacks", but you can not prove that. We don't want to infract wrong people.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 29 | Offers: 63 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    That's happened to me a couple of times, but the person I was trading with actually forgot to put that it was hacked in the trade. My advice, not many people will take legit Pokemon, so I would find someone with an extra game that they dont play on but has some legendaries, ask to trade to there game, and once you do they can just release the pokemon. That's how I got rid of my bad egg. Don't worry, this problem will be solved in X-Y
    "You may not be the smartest crayon in the box. But hey. At least your in the box."-Caleb Reynolds

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 11 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 5 | Wishlist Offers: 3 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Okay thanks for everyone's advice ^^ I had asked them if they were legit, and manat times they said yes. Some of them were hatching fake shinies. That's how I figured it out. Better late than never

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 133 | Offers: 383 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Wait how does your trading system work

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 71 | Offers: 820 | Wishlist Items: 152 | Wishlist Offers: 27 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I have legit luvdisc nicknamed sourpuss from differend trainer, japan jellicent, gulpin for shiny Latias, shiny bulbasaur, shiny chickarita

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraSound View Post
    We can't exactly prove that those people knew that those pokes were hacked. And lying is so easy online. We usually have to keep an eye out for a while for those people we've got reports on. Sometimes it may be kind of useless to infract someone, since those who have traded out hacked pokemon often leave the site, later returning with a different IP. Of course someone may say "it's obvious that he knows that he's trading hacks", but you can not prove that. We don't want to infract wrong people.
    Its never useless to infract anyone that breaks the rules. If only to show other users of Pokebay that YOU as a MODERATOR are willing to enforce the rules despite the fact that they may come back. If they have communicated and there is even an inkling a warning should be issued. Its kind of surprising that I've read this coming from a Moderator. For example if a police officer makes it known that he's patrolling the neighborhood crime is less likely. Same with a moderation team.

You're basically saying that its useless to enforce the rules despite reports of trader dishonesty simply because they MIGHT come back with a different IP. That's nonsense coming from a moderator.

Why are there even rules if you don't want to enforce them? Convenience over practicality never works.
    Last edited by The Batman; 09-23-2013 at 02:17 AM.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Wobuffet View Post
    Its never useless to infract anyone that breaks the rules. If only to show other users of Pokebay that YOU as a MODERATOR are willing to enforce the rules despite the fact that they may come back. If they have communicated and there is even an inkling a warning should be issued. Its kind of surprising that I've read this coming from a Moderator. For example if a police officer makes it known that he's patrolling the neighborhood crime is less likely. Same with a moderation team.

You're basically saying that its useless to enforce the rules despite reports of trader dishonesty simply because they MIGHT come back with a different IP. That's nonsense coming from a moderator.

Why are there even rules if you don't want to enforce them? Convenience over practicality never works.
    You seem slightly irritated by what I said. Please don't use "You're basically saying", I know better what I mean by what I say, thanks. :3 It's always better to ask than assume! (+ internet is not super serious business, no need to get mad.)

Isn't it already showing that I am willing to enforce the rules by posting here, showing that this case isn't being ignored? And warnings and infractions are a completely different thing. + even if you report someone, we won't tell you if we gave them an infraction or warned them. Ones infractions are not for others to know.
    So what I meant by what I said is this;
    Person X trades hacked pokemon. After he has gotten what he wanted, he disappears. His account is abandoned. He changes his IP address, and creates a new account, and continues what he did, or disappears for good, never to return. If you can explain to me how giving a warning to the abandoned account will help, I'll be sure to do so in the future.

If you feel that I'm doing my job wrong, you can contact the administrator.

I don't want to drag this on here. If you still feel like you want to say something for me, please do so trough private messages.
    Last edited by UltraSound; 09-23-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Forgot magical things

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    PM sent