Thread: Collecting Pokemon from gens 1-5 onto gen 6?

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Cool Collecting Pokemon from gens 1-5 onto gen 6?

Hello there
    I'm new to this forum and last pokemon game I played was blue! I got X for old times sake and wondered how possible it is to collect all existing pokemon on 6th Gen? Wether it's by trade or for example could I transfer a bulbasaur from blue and put it on pokemon X?

Thanks guys

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 13 | Wishlist Items: 18 | Wishlist Offers: 9 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    First off, welcome to Pokebay.
    X and Y will be backwards compatible with 5th generation games (Black, White, Black 2, White 2) when Pokemon Bank comes out this December. When generation 3 started, old Pokemon couldn't be transferred to this generation due to the massive changes in the system (abilities etc.) and the new hardware. So you can't transfer/trade Pokemon from before Gen 3 to X and Y. You'd also need a second DS for transferring between the DS games but since you don't have any of these you probably don't care about this.

In X and Y tons of older Pokemon are catchable though and you even get a Kanto starter. With the new PSS and the GTS, Friend Safari etc. it's very easy to get the Pokemon you need, especially now that you can search for a Pokemon you haven't even seen before.

So yeah if you want any Bulbasaur, simply trade for one. You won't be able to use your Pokemon from Blue though (which makes sense seeing as the game is already more than a decade old )
    Hope I helped you a bit.

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Ah thank you reshilegend I've just logged on since I posted my comment. Have been doing some research and completed pokemon x since lol. Quite addicting stuff. I've just got to catch zapdos (as I chose charmander) and playing back games now to get the rest of the legends and the pokemon of that particular generation. I totally understand now about blue, red, yellow etc and appreciate they have done remakes to make catching and completing pokedexes more achievable. I bought all the GBA games on ebay and have an original ds to play them on. I am now aware of the poke parks and transfers/migrates from eg fire red to either diamond, pearl, platinum heartgold, soul silver. I will be transferring from the GBA games to heartgold as you are not limited to the 6 pokemon in 24 hour rule. Then will migrate to black n white n then eventually poke bank on transfer. Thank you for your reply and help again :-)