Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Deal? Just a little, maybe a lot depending on if you support nonhack gen VI

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Big Deal? Just a little, maybe a lot depending on if you support nonhack gen VI

Projectpokemon.org just came out with news I ran across. I read through it and the forum that a link was attached to it. Apparently somebody has cracked the code and can create and edit new pokemon. BUT, they can't actually insert the pokemon....that is to say yet. They're working through things called checksum and all this other stuff. Wonder Trade and GTS are targets for the insertion. Thoughts, comments? Want a link?
    This is my Regular Gym team, do not underestimate my Legendary Gym team.

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I don't think people realize how big this really is. I think you should put up the link so people know more details on this?!
    May 6th 2013. <3. Always!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 7 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Really hope its gonna take a long time before we get hacked pokemons in gen 6. Would like that it never happend, but someone is probaly gonna win a way to do it...

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 34 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 9 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    The thing about this is if people were to get past hacked pokemon destroying the game file gamefreak can patch it in an update

Planned X team: Chestnaught, Goodra, Charizard (Holding Mega Charizard X stone), Malamar, Hawlucha and Barbaracle (Chestnaught and Mega Charizard will be taken out after E4 and Swapped with Sylveon and Avalugg)

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Seeing how many who may see this later and how many people will disapprove of the hacks in gen VI, i've come up with a plan. I'm already on the move with it. I have created a profile on the "HQ" site, I plan on learning of the programs they're using and showing nintendo the programs so they can work off of them.

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 197 | Offers: 306 | Wishlist Items: 39 | Wishlist Offers: 29 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKnight View Post
    Seeing how many who may see this later and how many people will disapprove of the hacks in gen VI, i've come up with a plan. I'm already on the move with it. I have created a profile on the "HQ" site, I plan on learning of the programs they're using and showing nintendo the programs so they can work off of them.
    Good idea... But that'd take years, plus how would you even go about getting to Nintendo/Game Freak, which is based in Japan, therefore you would have to go see the ones in Japan.
    Your Friendly neighbourhood Pory... *Yawn* Zzz.

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would email them obviously

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 197 | Offers: 306 | Wishlist Items: 39 | Wishlist Offers: 29 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I would email them obviously
    And what if they didn't speak/read english? Or ignore this email? Then it'd just have been a waste of time. It's a children's game... No need to take it so seriously e_e

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 61 | Wishlist Items: 14 | Wishlist Offers: 20 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Nintendo isn't monolingual. They've got different departments, some with translators most likely, allowing them to understand. Some people do care and I thought I would simply just forewarn people here in case they didn't know

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 197 | Offers: 306 | Wishlist Items: 39 | Wishlist Offers: 29 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Nintendo isn't monolingual. They've got different departments, some with translators most likely, allowing them to understand. Some people do care and I thought I would simply just forewarn people here in case they didn't know
    Hmm... Good point... xD

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaIronCourage View Post
    And what if they didn't speak/read english? Or ignore this email? Then it'd just have been a waste of time. It's a children's game... No need to take it so seriously e_e
    There is Nintendo of America...? I doubt they'd ignore something on a scale of this, but if they did, then we can't say we didn't try.
    And it's not a "Children's game". It's a Video Game Dynasty that has earned Nintendo insane amounts of money. But if you don't see the need to take seriously the damage this'd cause to us players and to the developers of the games, and to protect what we all enjoy then if I was you, I'd seriously consider what I'd be doing with my life. Just because you don't care, it doesn't mean we don't have to.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 5 | Offers: 4 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I've been keeping up with the developments at projectpokemon for a while now (not because I want to hack Pokemon, just because it's interesting to see how the game works).

It will be interesting to see how Nintendo respond to this once the checksum is calculated.

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Stopping this is actually pretty easy for Nintendo if they are made aware of the issue. Project Pokemon works by changing the Internet Secondary DNS to something specific, so that you go through their servers instead of the normal GTS. All they'd have to do is patch it to not allow internet access via specific secondary DNS severs, or maybe make it mandatory to Auto-obtain the DNS when they want to go online with the game. Doing something like that wouldn't be too difficult, but the big deal is getting Nintendo completely aware of it.

They'd definitely fix it, I'd think, mostly because of the tournaments and things like that that they wouldn't want hacked.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

14. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManyFacesOfGlalie View Post
    Stopping this is actually pretty easy for Nintendo if they are made aware of the issue. Project Pokemon works by changing the Internet Secondary DNS to something specific, so that you go through their servers instead of the normal GTS. All they'd have to do is patch it to not allow internet access via specific secondary DNS severs, or maybe make it mandatory to Auto-obtain the DNS when they want to go online with the game. Doing something like that wouldn't be too difficult, but the big deal is getting Nintendo completely aware of it.

They'd definitely fix it, I'd think, mostly because of the tournaments and things like that that they wouldn't want hacked.

I've already emailed the legal department of Nintendo of America concerning this.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram

15. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/s...on-x-and-y-by/

No need to email. Please just sign this petition!

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram