Thread: An interesting rumor i heard from a friend...

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

An interesting rumor i heard from a friend...

important: these are my friends words, not mine!

So, one day i was at soccer practice and a friend asked me 'Hey, do you play P0k3M0n!?'
    I was like 'yer dawg'

He was like 'ok'

My friend continued on to tell me a story that he heard about Pokemon Green.
    He said, Pokemon green was the first pokemon game created by Nintendo.
    He said, after 2 months prior releasing the game, people were reported as being driven crazy by the music & sounds in a certain area in the game. He told me that people were going blind from the graphics, and hanging themselves off balconies and jumping off cliffs because the music/sound was mind-controlling them or something.

So, he goes on, 'That's why nintendo removed Pokemon Green. Pretty wierd huh?'
    I was like 'you smell like my dog's breakfast!!'

Interesting story right ? l0l Xd

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 33 | Offers: 54 | Wishlist Items: 7 | Wishlist Offers: 2 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Pokemon Red and Green were the first Pokemon games in Japan. The games paved the way for the games that were sold internationally. However, the games featured many glitches and bugs, so Japan created Blue version to fix these issues, and the improvements in Blue version are what are seen internationally.

As for the music, I'm pretty sure you were lied to. That would've been something that would've been noted and probably reported on when it happened.
    Follow Pokebay on Facebook & Twitter for up-to-date news, giveaways, and more!

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 87 | Offers: 196 | Wishlist Items: 13 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Your friend is seemingly referring to a Creepypasta where most people would die/kill themselves after being 'possessed' by the original Lavender Town Music. Not that it was ever proved to be true. The graphics part is just something your friend added to make it sound dramatic and all.

YouTube Facebook
    Twitter Instagram
    Back again on my own terms, to prove I still have what it takes to win.

4. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 3 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Lavender town music is a popular creepypasta,but im pretty sure its just fake
    I am the beast of the pokemon world! BECOME SWALLOWED BY A SEA OF FLAME!

5. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Albeit that music is absolutely terrible, I don't think masses of people would kill themselves over it, especially since you have the option to turn the volume off lol. And the graphics thing is probably just making fun of how terrible graphics in video games were back then, especially compared to now. (Lol you can actually go blind from the 3DS now though. Irony xD)
    Anyways all the various probs with that game were easily because of their lack of Beta Testers - Blue is the version that they actually tested before releasing worldwide.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

6. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 2 | Offers: 34 | Wishlist Items: 4 | Wishlist Offers: 9 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Some people did develop mental illness from it but no one killed themselves.

Planned X team: Chestnaught, Goodra, Charizard (Holding Mega Charizard X stone), Malamar, Hawlucha and Barbaracle (Chestnaught and Mega Charizard will be taken out after E4 and Swapped with Sylveon and Avalugg)

7. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    haha ok, it's nice to hear all your opinions.

Just to let you know I didn't actually believe what he said..

8. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 9 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 9 | Wishlist Offers: 1 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    lol,suicidal music

want:
    Cherish ball manphy

9. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 0 | Offers: 14 | Wishlist Items: 1 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Actually Pokemon Green was the American version Pokemon Blue. . . the story he's talking about is about Lavender Town where the image of a ghost eating the Trainer was seen if you lost to the Ghost in the Pokemon Tower. The haunting music was installed during that time as well was making kids kill themselves. The thing is America changed their music version in that town before the release. Pokemon Red and Green are still available on eBay, but for a butt load of money.

10. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 5 | Wishlist Items: 0 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    Nobody went crazy, killed themselves, or anything else. It's a creepy pasta story. If this held even the slightest chance in Pokehell of being true, this would have been worldwide news from the time it happened to even this day. Note how no official sources, sites, or anything with any legitimacy makes any notes of this incident, including any searches on Google, Bulbapedia, Serebii, or any credible such places. It was just a little scary story that some ppl took far too seriously.

11. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 1 | Offers: 0 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0

Lavender Town Song- Why it was really removed.

Quote Originally Posted by mylololz View Post
    important: these are my friends words, not mine!

So, one day i was at soccer practice and a friend asked me 'Hey, do you play P0k3M0n!?'
    I was like 'yer dawg'

He was like 'ok'

My friend continued on to tell me a story that he heard about Pokemon Green.
    He said, Pokemon green was the first pokemon game created by Nintendo.
    He said, after 2 months prior releasing the game, people were reported as being driven crazy by the music & sounds in a certain area in the game. He told me that people were going blind from the graphics, and hanging themselves off balconies and jumping off cliffs because the music/sound was mind-controlling them or something.

So, he goes on, 'That's why nintendo removed Pokemon Green. Pretty wierd huh?'
    I was like 'you smell like my dog's breakfast!!'

Interesting story right ? l0l Xd

A theory of why it was really removed is that it gave people headaches.

Not mind possessing, suicide causing headaches,
    Just ordinary headaches, from the song being too high pitched.

SAMIPIPLUP USED LOGICAL THEORY!
    IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!
    MYTH FAINTED!
    XD

12. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 43 | Offers: 87 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 5 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 11
    Quote Originally Posted by SamiPiplup View Post
    A theory of why it was really removed is that it gave people headaches.

Not mind possessing, suicide causing headaches,
    Just ordinary headaches, from the song being too high pitched.

SAMIPIPLUP USED LOGICAL THEORY!
    IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!
    MYTH FAINTED!
    XD
    Ha ha
    Add me!

13. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 42 | Offers: 12 | Wishlist Items: 2 | Wishlist Offers: 0 | Battles: 1 | Battle Requests: 0
    Aaaaand this thread was posted in 2013. Closing it.