Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle Analyzer

1. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    So, any ideas on how this can be stopped? I remember a post on 4Chan, with a really good one, but I'll have to find the link.
    "And the ripped ones say goodbye. While the others meet
    Attached somewhere. At least they're shared"

2. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 13 | Offers: 44 | Wishlist Items: 19 | Wishlist Offers: 12 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    It can be stopped easily, that's really not the problem. Like the article you posted says, it's more of a legal issue than an issue of npt knowing what to do. They could be sued for a lot if your device or game is ruined purposely by these things, because legally nintendo has no right to do that. My theory is that since it is based in Japan, they may be able to get around the American and British laws regarding that, so we may possibly see that new patch!
    I hope the new patch has two things though. It needs to stop hacking, but also needs to have something that would make hackers need to download it. It would have to be another glitch that they patch up, because that's the only incentive I can think of to make people download the patch. Another possibility is that the older software could be banned from wifi until they download the patch with new software, which would also happen to stop hacking.
    GUESS WHO'S BACK

3. PokeBay Stats: Trades: 38 | Offers: 38 | Wishlist Items: 11 | Wishlist Offers: 7 | Battles: 0 | Battle Requests: 0
    I couldn't agree more, Glalie. Messing with your device remotely, may be illegal in some cases, but it would be easier if they stopped any communications from it, like an unpaid phone bill. Playing online is a service, and a free one at that. I'm not saying they should monetize it, but if there's any unusual communication between an external application, such as the battle analyzer, and the 3DS system, they can sure as hell pick it up on their servers and choose to ban the user from using the Wi-Fi services. I'm sure this might also ruin InstaCheck for some people, but that's a small sacrifice for a bigger cause. Another thing, we could use a feature that allows us to report users on the PSS. You don't know how many imbeciles I've seen there with profane messages, and offensive names. Even some Wonder Trade Pokemon have had offensive nicknames. So if they ever patch/update X & Y, they should add this, and include the shut down of online services if found cheating, but only in the terms and agreements, to avoid careful hackers and potential misinformation lawsuits. Another idea I found on 4Chan, if the 3DS sends a package to the other system during a battle, to let the game know that it picked a move, can't they just make two packages, and to signal that a move was made, and the second containing the actual move? Think about it, Battle Analyzer takes in that package and reads the contents, but if we had a decoy, they'd have to wait until both players moved, to see the original package.
    "And the ripped ones say goodbye. While the others meet
    Attached somewhere. At least they're shared"